The New Scooby-Doo Movies w/ the Sesame Street cast

muppet maniac

Reaction score
A rare diamond gets stolen from the museum. Meanwhile, Ws are vanishing from Sesame Street, and there’s a ghost running around.

Here are some suspects:

-Mechanic, who always has black all over his hands.

-Snotty old lady, who has some issues with the letter W

-Owner of museum.

-Guard

(The last two were just for you guys to think about)

*OPENING CREDITS

*TITLE CARD/ EPISODE I.D:

Today’s guest stars: the Sesame Street cast. The title card has Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Oscar, Cookie and Grover. Captions read: The Cast of “Sesame Street”, featuring: (Matt Robinson or Hal Miller), Loretta Long, Bob McGrath, Will Lee and the Muppets.

Shaggy (voice-over): Today, Scooby and the gang visit Sesame Street

Scooby and the gang are on their way to spend a vacation somewhere. Shaggy is mostly happy because they’re not going to have to deal with monsters in where they’re going...until the van breaks down. They try to find the nearest mechanic, but so far there’s none. But a man shows up...

Man: I see your vehicle has broken down. I can fix it for you guys in a jiffy

Velma: You can?

Mike: Sure…When you need a fixing, Mike’s here to fix it in a jiffy.

Fred: Thanks Mike. (to gang) Well gang, looks like we’ll be on our way in no time…

(Mike notices that he’s missing something)

Mike: Listen, I have to go get something else that will help me fix this up. Be back in a jiffy! (runs off)

Fred: We’ll be on the road in no time!

(It’s been longer than they expected…)

Shaggy: Okay Fred, it’s been like 10 minutes and our buddy still hasn’t returned!

Fred: Calm down, guys.

Daphne: So what do we do now?

Velma: Let’s take a walk around this area (notices sign) SESAME STREET. That’s an odd name for a town like this.

(Scooby looks at it as well)

Shaggy: That could only mean that only this place can have the best hamburger joint…

Scooby: Rmmm! Ramburger! (slurp)

(The gang walk down the street while theme instrumental similar to the one in show is heard. Susan approaches)

Susan: Hello there…are you kids lost?

Daphne: No, but do you know where we are?

Susan: Why, you’re on Sesame Street, a place where everything happens and new worlds open…

Shaggy: Like, the only thing I can think of that’s opening my world is a hamburger with tomatoes, pastrami, lettuce on a sesame seed bun.

(Scooby agrees with him)

(Gordon walks by)

Gordon: Hi Susan

Susan: Oh hello Gordon. I was just talking with these kids and their dog…

Fred: I’m Fred. That’s Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and the dog standing over there is Scooby-Doo.

Gordon: Hello there, I’m Gordon. Nice to meet you

(Scooby mumbles something in dog)

Susan: You know, I don’t think I’ve seen you guys here on Sesame Street before…

Fred: Actually, we’re just perusing around here while waiting for our van to be repaired. You see, our guy Mike had to run off to get something else he was missing to fix it…

(Scooby walks over to 123 Sesame Street, where he sees a nearby trashcan rattling. Scooby gets scared and runs back to Susan, Gordon and the gang to explain to them what scared him (in his usual “dog” language)

Daphne: What is it Scooby?

Shaggy: Like you saw something?

Fred: He’s trying to point out something. Let’s follow him…

(Susan, Gordon, Fred, Velma, Daphne and Shaggy follow Scooby to near the stoop and points out what scared him)

Fred: Come on, Scooby, you’re being silly. That’s just a trashcan, nothing to be afraid of about that…

Susan: Oh, this? Well, this is no ordinary trashcan…this is where our friend Oscar the Grouch lives (knocks on can)

Oscar: (shouting from inside) Don’t bang on my can!

Susan: Seems like he’s feeling grouchy today…(knocks again) Hey Oscar…

Oscar: (shouting) I don’t wanna!

Gordon: In fact, he’s grouchy everyday. But, he’s gotta come out sooner or later. Oscar?

(Oscar peeks his head out)

Oscar: (grumpily) Yeah?

Gordon: There’s some people I’d like you to meet: Fred, Velma, Daphne, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo. They’re just visiting the street for the day.

(Oscar raises himself up)

Oscar: (to gang) Oh. Well, hello there. I’m Oscar, and it’s a rotten pleasure to meet you all.

Susan: Hey look here come some more friends…

(Ernie and Bert walk over to the stoop where everyone else is)

Ernie: Hello everyone!

Bert: Hi!

Gordon: Bert, Ernie…I’d like to introduce you to some visitors to the street…

(Bob and Mr. Hooper approach, and everyone greets each other. They then see a rather disturbed Big Bird running out the doorpost)

Gordon: And this is Big Bird. Hello there, Big Bird!

Big Bird: (hears him and screams) Ahh! (turns around) Oh, it’s just you Gordon.

Gordon: Say Big Bird, you look a little pale today. What happened?

Big Bird: Well, I was walking down Sesame Street minding my own business when all off a sudden, I heard a loud BUMP, and out of nowhere, there was a-a ghost! He was white, had glowing yellow eyes and made a scary sound!

Mr. Hooper: Don’t worry. Whatever it was, I’m sure it was only your imagination.

Big Bird: But, he wasn’t imaginary. He was for real, Mr. Looper!

Mr. Hooper: Hooper!

Big Bird: Mr. Hooper

Velma: Oh, I’m sure it must be something else…

Shaggy: Well, nothing scares me more than the much scarier things…like monsters!

(Cookie Monster pops up and looks at him)

Cookie: HELLOOO there!

(Shaggy acts nervous)

Scooby and the gang are at Hooper’s Store.

Mr. Hooper: Here you go guys. 5 milkshakes

Shaggy: Thanks Mr. Snooper

Mr. Hooper: It’s Hooper, Shaggy, Hooper!

Shaggy: Err…Hooper.

(Grover enters the store)

Grover: Hellooo everybodee! This is your furry loveable pal Grover!

Mr. Hooper: Oh, hello there Grover. What can I get you today?

Grover: Yes, I would like another one of those milkshakes please.

(As Mr. Hooper makes another shake for Grover, Bob enters the store reading a newspaper)

Bob: Hello everyone

Mr. Hooper: Oh, hi Bob.

Bob: Did you hear the news? Someone stole a rare diamond from the museum…and for some reason all the Ws in this newspaper are missing…

(He shows everyone the page with the news article. All the Ws are missing on the page)

Daphne: that sure is strange…

Mr. Hooper: (looks at menu) You know what? I just noticed that (shows words with W missing) there’s no W in water on this menu anymore. Or Waffles, or “Welcome” on the sign on the door.

Shaggy: but how can a letter like W vanish just like that? Just out of the blue?

Velma: Looks like we’ve got ourselves a mystery on our hands! Who’s with us?

Each Muppet raises their hand

Big Bird: I am!

Ernie: Count me in

Bert: Me too

Grover: And you cannot forget about me. I, loveable furry Grover am always happy to help those in need!

Oscar and Cookie Monster are there as well, but…

Big Bird: (looks at the two) Oscar? Cookie? Don’t you guys want too come with us?

(The looks on their faces say they don’t want to...)

Velma: Come on guys…would you do it for some Scooby snacks?

Cookie: No, no, Uh-uh!

Oscar: I don’t like Scooby snacks!

Velma: Would you do it for a box of (pulls out cookies) chocolate-chip cookies?

Cookie: (gets hyper) COOKIE?!! (snatches box from her and eats the whole thing like crazy, as always) Mmm…COOKIE GOOD! (continues gobbling the box)

Oscar: Yeah, well I don’t like cookies either!

Daphne: Would you do it for a (shows him a rather disgusting looking treat for him) chocolate spinach sundae smothered with gravy and anchovies?

Oscar: WOULD I??? (grabs the dessert and munches it like the way CM does) You sure know how to satisfy a Grouch!

Daphne and Velma are somehow grossed out…so are Grover and Bert.

At the museum, the guard and owner explain everything that happened.

Guard: I was just standing there when all of a sudden, the room went completely dark and all I heard were loud “thumps” and a scary sound that sounded like it was a ghost. But I wasn’t so sure. And when the lights went back on, I noticed the diamond had vanished, and all the evidence that was there were black thumb prints and BIG footprints.

Big Bird: Well, it certainly wasn’t me! I’m innocent!

Velma: Oh relax Big Bird. We all know it wasn’t you…because it wasn’t.

Big Bird: Well, thanks anway. I mean, my feet aren’t really THAT big and (bends over to see his toes and at the same time notices a crumpled piece of paper on the floor) Hey, what’s this? (reads the document) “Stu Vxyz”

Ernie: Stu Vxyz? What kind of a name is that?

Scooby: Err?

A big fat lady comes in. She looks like she’s rich...and she’s a real prick, and says that she hates the letter W so much. She’s also an (greedy) antique collector. After she leaves, the gang split up into groups.

Fred: Alright guys, let’s split up and find some more clues: Velma, you, Big Bird and Grover go look on the 2nd floor. Scooby, Shaggy, you two go with Oscar and Cookie Monster. Daphne and I will look in the other rooms around the hallway.

Bert: What about us?

Fred: You and Ernie can check the basement…

Ernie: Right-o!

3rd floor: Big Bird, Grover and Velma look at some weird painting with four squares. This painting has a pattern: 3 blue and red blobs and 1 green and yellow squares. This leads to “One of These Things”. Of course you’d already know the answers, which Velma cracks. Grover is amazed and remarks, “You are sooo smart!” In the “wrong” pattern, Big Bird finds a piece of evidence connected to the crime: another piece of paper…

Hallway: Fred and Daphne are in an antique room. They find a trail of black paint leading to a newspaper mat and an almost-empty bucket in which the paint is from. They then find a page in an old book about the diamond. It’s violet and has a letter W on it. They see the lady, and ask her what is she doing there…and they notice her hands are dirty. “What? It’s not like anyone’s ever went around any part of a building with their hands dirty before, right?” She’s looking guilty there (another clue for you there)

Meanwhile, Scooby and Shaggy are with Cookie and Oscar, also trying to find some clues. So far they’ve found nothing, but luckily they find some food…

Shaggy and Scooby make a sandwich with 6 layers (they count them and the numbers flash each time they do so). Cookie secretly takes each layer, making them count over again every time. They think, “Okay, who’s doing this?” Of course it wasn’t Oscar, but Cookie looks somehow suspicious, with the look on his face saying that he’s filled.

Scooby and Shaggy go out the door to do some more sleuthing. They bump into the ghost Big Bird mentioned earlier, who they think is someone else, but once they realize who it is, they run for their lives and land into the other two’s arms (Shaggy is on Oscar, who says “Let go of me, you dum-dum!”)

Back in the 3rd floor…

Big Bird takes a look at the document he found…

Big Bird: (reads out the paper) “ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQR” Just what can this word mean? Hey Grover?

Grover: Yes Big Bird ol’ pal?

Big Bird: Do you know what this word could possibly mean?

(Grover reads the document)

Grover: Uh…umm…Nope. No…Sorry Big Bird. I am not sure what that word means. I do not know.

Big Bird sees Snuffy, who’s “secretly” helping solve the case

Big Bird: Hi Snuffy

Snuffy: Oh, hello there, Bird!

Big Bird: Do you know what this word means?

Snuffy looks at the document

Snuffy: Um...ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQR...No, I don’t

Big Bird: Huh. Well, thanks anyway Snuffy. I’ll ask Velma if she knows. She’s so smart...Hey Velma, there’s a strange word on this piece of paper that we found behind that painting which I don’t know what it could mean, but it goes like this: “ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQR”

Velma: (reads it) Well Big Bird, it seems like you’ve found part of the alphabet.

Big Bird: (looks at it again) So I have!

Velma: But the other 8 letters are missing.

Big Bird: Hey Snuffy! We just figured out what the strange word means!

Velma: Who’s Snuffy?

Big Bird: Oh, he’s a friend of mine. He’s a Snuffleupagus. He’s big, has brown shaggy fur and has a long twirly nose like an elephant...(just before he turns around, Snuffy leaves)...He’s right here!

(Velma looks, but sees nothing)

Velma: I don’t see him

Big Bird: But...he was there earlier...

Velma: I’m sure he’s only part of your imagination...

Big Bird: No I wasn’t. He’s real for sure. I see him all the time...(still looking confused)

Grover: Hey look. There’s some more paintings here.

(We see paintings of a pattern: rubber duckie, glove, 5, rubber duckie, glove)

Grover: What could possibly be next?

Velma: Well, let’s see: Notice that in the first picture, there’s a rubber duckie, and in the next picture there’s a glove, followed by a number 5 and the rubber duckie again.

Grover: Hmm….This is very tricky. Hmm…

Velma: Ah, I see! This is a pattern

Grover: A pattern?

Velma: It’s something that repeats itself again. See the first picture has the duckie, and its followed by a glove, a 5, the duckie again, the glove and so the next one could be…

Grover: 5!

Velma: Right. So the next one will have…(turns painting around)…a 5!

Grover: You are sooo smart! (he’s got that love-struck look on his face)

Velma walks to the near end of the room and trips, as always, losing her glasses

Velma: Oh, my glasses! Where are they? (crawls around to find them. She bumps into Snuffy, who finds them for her)

Snuffy: Here you go!

Velma: Thanks...(looks up and looks surprised!)

(Ernie and Bert are in the basement)

(Ernie is looking through a pair of binoculaurs)

Bert: You see anything yet Ernie?

Ernie: No uh…wait! Wait! I see something…(turns to Bert) a tall pointy-head, dark bushy hair and a round nose…

Bert: ERNIE!

Ernie: (laughs) (stops to notice something) Hey, hey Bert! I think I found something!

(They find what they think is the diamond. Or is it?)

Ernie: I think THIS could be the diamond we’re looking for.

Bert: And a nice-looking one might I add.

Ernie: Let’s go show everyone else

Daphne and Fred are still doing some sleuthing, until she steps on a trap door leading her to where Shaggy, Scooby, Oscar and Cookie are. They notice writing on the wall warning them to “leave…or else”.

Daphne: (reads writing) “Leave...or else” Or else what?

(The ghost appears from the ceiling)

Shaggy: Oh no! It’s the ghost! Let’s make a run for it!

…And they do. Typical chase scene here: Running through doors, Daphne uses Oscar’s trashcan lid to stop the ghost, but Shaggy gets hit instead…The ghost then scares Big Bird, Grover and Velma and goes after them as well. Ernie, Bert and Fred get into the chase too. I’ll leave the rest to you guys.

And then they bump into each other in the main hall where the diamond was before. Bert shows everyone what he and Ernie found, which unfortunately isn’t the diamond they’re looking for. Fred shows him what it’s supposed to look like. Across the room are more shapes: a circle with a 5 on it, a triangle with a number 8 and E, and a rectangle with a J. None of these match.

They then realize the strange piece of paper with the name: They fit it with the one that reads part of the alphabet, which is what it turns out to be. Except that the W is missing (it’s been smeared with white ink, as if somebody’s been trying to get rid of it)

After they walk out the building, they notice the ghost,

Daphne: Look! There’s the ghost!

(Big Bird notices that he has a few Ws on him)

Big Bird: And it looks like he’s the one who’s been getting rid of all the Ws on Sesame Street!

(Ghost mumbles in a funny language and makes a run for it, as if saying “So long, suckers!”)

Bert: Hey look, he’s dropped something…

(The diamond is seen on the ground)

Fred: That’s the diamond!

(They look at the picture once more to get a good recap. Velma goes over to pick it up, and they now know what to do…)

Fred: All we need is to set up a trap…and I know just how to do it...

They set up a trap to capture the ghost: they set the diamond on the ground, which is surrounded by a net, which will trap the crook. They just need to lure him into it (say, make him chase them so that he’ll step on the net) And it also looks lie they’ll need bait: Shaggy and…Bert

Shaggy and Bert hold up Ws to draw the ghost’s attention. He swarms over to them angrily, and the trap works!

The 6 Muppets and the Mystery Inc. team are out on the street where they’re about to reveal the villain. Some cops are there as well, along with the human regulars.

Fred: Okay gang, let’s see who our “mysterious” diamond snatcher really is…

(Pulls out mask to reveal the criminal…)

The villain turns out to be that woman.

Owner: But why?

Velma: I think I can explain: Earlier on, (insert her name here) said that she had some things against the letter W

Big Bird: She was always saying that she wanted the letter W banished forever...

Grover: ...which is why it was missing in the piece of paper we found…

Velma: Precisely!

Guard: But that still doesn’t explain the writing on the wall...

Fred: Actually, there’s an answer to that: While Daphne and I were looking in that junk room, we noticed her hands were all covered with black paint.

Oscar: And come to think of it, there were also black spots on the ghost, which looked like the same type of paint she used to write those warnings on the wall…

Cookie: And me also noticed that the ghost was wearing same sized shoes as her.

As cops arrest the thief, she has one last thing to say:

Lady: Yes I did it! I admit it…(turns to the gang) and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for those meddling kids and that mutt of yours…and you miserable Muppets!

Officer and owner thank everyone for safely returning the diamond. The mechanic finally comes back.

Mike: Sorry about the long wait guys. I had to go into town because the main store was closed, but I got lost...Anyway, I have your van fixed up and ready to go!

Fred: Gee, thanks a lot Mike

Mike: Always a pleasure (leaves)

Fred: Well, gang, looks like we’re on our way

Susan: Well, goodbye everyone. It’s been nice having you here

(Everyone else says goodbye to Mystery Inc.)

Just before they leave, Shaggy looks at the screen and announces the letter/number sponsor of today’s episode while the theme instrumental plays and the other characters are in the background. Letters/numbers flash on screen as he mentions them, just like in every episode of Sesame Street:

Shaggy: Today’s mystery has been brought to you by the letters: W, J and E and the numbers 5 and 8.

(Shaggy is about to take a bite of a box of cookies he found, when a “ghost” sneaks up on him and takes the cookies from him. Shaggy gets frightened)

Cookie: (takes off ghost costume) Scooby-Dooby-Doooo!

(Everyone laughs)

One blurb in closing credits reads:

“The MUPPETS of SESAME STREET”

Created by: JIM HENSON

The Muppet performers are:

JIM HENSON

CAROLL SPINNEY

FRANK OZ

JERRY NELSON

...and the Sesame Street theme song copyright.

wiley207

Reaction score
:big_grin: That was very funny! I imagine it would be all animated, with the Muppet performers and Sesame Street cast doing their respective voices for the Sesame characters. I think they would probably look like Joe Mathieu's designs.

Anyways, if this was supposed to be 1972 or 1973 (when the show was around), you COULD have added the Count into the mix! He was around in 72-73, too. He'd be a great suspect, and Scooby-Doo's reaction would be PRICELESS!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
This was really marvelous, muppet maniac. You really paid great homage to both SS and Scooby-Doo in this.:smile:

What I enjoyed the most was how Fred split everyone up (he and Daphne are always the ones to go their own way), Big Bird trying to convince Velma that Snuffy exists, the part with the "Scooby Snack encouragement" for Cookie Monster and Oscar, and Fred's trap with Shaggy and Bert as bait (that part was classic)!

Hope you have a sequel coming, 'cause that would be awesome.:big_grin:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I might have another one coming. I was also thinking of writing more outlines with Jim Henson's Muppets...and one with Jimmy Dean and Jim and Rowlf couldbe there as well...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Excellent. I can easily picture this as an actual episode of New Scooby-Doo movies. I used to watch that as a boy. :big_grin:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Okay, right now I'm working on another outline with the "Sesame Street Muppets". I'll give you a sneak peek: What happens is there's a carnival in town, but unfortunately at the same time, there is a phantom/ghost who's trying to ruin the fun that they have to close it down, and so Scooby and the gang, along with Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, Grover, Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster, help crack the case.

I've also got more with Jimmy Dean and Rowlf, Jim and Kermit, the Muppets, and possibly just one or two characters (or less).

muppetwriter

Reaction score
That sounds marvelous, muppet maniac. Can't wait to read.:smile:

muppet maniac

Reaction score
In the meantime, why not read the outline I just finished with Jim Henson and the Muppets from 1972. It's on now.