The new newbie around here

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop, whenever I get the chance to see Adult Swim on TV. *wishes for the days of her junior year in college, when she had her own room* I'm waiting semi-patiently for CN to get off their cans and show more of the Buu saga of DBZ. Of course, I'm also waiting for them to get off their cans and re-air Voltron and Robotech. I've seen glimpses of Hamtaro and it's...cute.

I've got one Cowboy Bebop DVD (need to go buy more), and two of the Robotech DVDs.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, CN can be weird in what they show consistantly of a saga or story arc. So youre into Robotech too eh? cool. That and Transformers used to be my fave animes when I was little(well back then I didnt know about the word anime, so I just called them big 'Japanese roboto cartoons', heh) Little di dI know it was three seperate animes mooshed together(super dementional fortress macross being the one I remember) But darn I'd love to have a lifesize Veritech! (Veritech, who also oddly crosses over into the original Transformers cartoon if I remember correctly)

I miss seeing DBZ on regular tv, way back when they used to show em int he mornings. Weird how DBZ has gotten bigger than Pokemon(at least from what I can tell in the malls) I would love for CN adult swim to start showing mor eof the edgier OVA anime series like serial experiment lain, neon genesis evangelion, flcl, etc. Do they even show tenchi muyo anymore? hmmm...
Anyways, good to hear ya collect dvds! I need to get the rest of the Bebop session. Can never get enuff Spike, Faye, Jet, and Ed!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Do they even show tenchi muyo anymore? hmmm...
I think so. CN's got two versions of Adult Swim. One airs on Sunday evenings and is all those "adult-themed" cartoons like Home Movies, Baby Blues, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, etc. Saturday night Adult Swim is anime, including Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Tenchi (*shrugs* Why they're showing that on Adult Swim I don't know).

Hey beaker, if you're still a Robotech fan I reccomend a visit to www.robotech.com, if you haven't been there already. It's a pretty cool site, although the forums there are a bit more...crazy than the ones here.

SammieRose

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Hello all! If you couldn't guess, I'm the new person around here (yeah, everyone point and stare :wink: ). You can call me Skeeter Muppet, Skeeter, Skeet, or Kim (my real name) or Hey You! (j/k) Aside from the Muppets my interests are anime, musicals (especially ALW Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat and Wildhorn's Jekyll & Hyde), Whose Line is it Anyway and reading and writing fanfiction. As I've said in a different thread, Scooter is my favorite Muppet (followed closely by Gonzo), but if Skeeter was a real Muppet then she'd definately be my favorite.

-Kim
Okay, we'll get along just fine. :smile: Joseph was the first musicals I saw, I sang a song from J&H for an audition of mine, and Colin Mochrie is one of my favorite comedians!

My name's Sammie. Welcome to MC! :smile:

grail

Reaction score
man, and here people usually laugh when i say i have the "Joseph" DVD...i bought it because i MET Donny Osmond once. he's a really good guy...which surprised me for some reason. plus, i...um...liked it.

okay, i admit it...i'm a musical junkie...the cast recording to "The Producers" is constantly in my cd player, and i have them for "Joseph", J&H, Phantom, Chorus Line (which i've played for real so many times that i can't listen to it on cd anymore), and i've got "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" around here somewhere...

i used to have Guys and Dolls and How to Succeed in Business Without Really trying...but they disappeared under mysterious circumstances...

now you all know my little secret...

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
man, and here people usually laugh when i say i have the "Joseph" DVD...i bought it because i MET Donny Osmond once. he's a really good guy...which surprised me for some reason. plus, i...um...liked it.

okay, i admit it...i'm a musical junkie...the cast recording to "The Producers" is constantly in my cd player, and i have them for "Joseph", J&H, Phantom, Chorus Line (which i've played for real so many times that i can't listen to it on cd anymore), and i've got "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" around here somewhere...

i used to have Guys and Dolls and How to Succeed in Business Without Really trying...but they disappeared under mysterious circumstances...

now you all know my little secret...
Ohhh Grail, it's okay. You don't need to be ashamed to love showtunes!:big_grin: Right now, these are the CDs that currently get carried around with me everywhere I go:

You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
Company
A Tribute to Steven Sondheim
Carabret
Chicago
Annie Get Your Gun
The Producers
Guys and Dolls
John Mayer
Green Day's Dookie
Bette Midler's Experience the Divine

These change out from time to time, but normally there are more broadway cast CDs then anything else. Yes I work for an alternative radio station, no I don't listen to that music all the time. I'm a musical theater junkie. I need it. I crave it!!!!! I HAVE TO HAVE IT OR I FALL TO PIECES!!!!! (Okay, I'm just kidding to a degree, but I do love it.) My main motive right now to listening to most of them is for a musical revue I'm working on, as well as another show in that list, but don't worry, we won't make fun of you................

much :big_grin: