The Muppets Wizrad of Oz: ONE YEAR LATER

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I really like the movie, to be honest. I don't think the magic was lacking at all. To me, the Muppets have always been about two things - humor and heart. This movie was lacking in neither department.

My two biggest complaints are Ashanti and Quentin Tarantino.

Ashanti isn't a very good actress, for starters. And when she was acting with the Muppets, it just seemed like she didn't even believe that they were real. It literally felt like she was just talking to an inanimate object. Even when she talked to Aunt Em and Uncle Henry, I got that feeling.

Quentin Tarantino's cameo was unfunny and anti-climactic. I love the man's movies, but he cannot act, and I didn't see the point of having him in a Muppet movie.

Brinatello

Reaction score
Wow, this aired over a year ago? Time sure does fly! I think my favorite part was when Miss Piggy started to melt and looked like a sausage! That was hilarious!

The Whatevers

Reaction score
I have the version on DVD that doesn't have the extra bits but I still like it.

THE WITCH IS IN THE HOUSE

Pianodog

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Well sorry you feel that way, like everyone else posted there opinions I posted mine and what I felt, there wasn't anything against you Mickey_Muppet, but I just hate the movie.
While I don't agree with Barry Lee's opinion, I stand by his right to express it.

For my part, I had heard awful things about "Muppets Wizard of Oz", but being in bad need of some new Muppet material, I bought it anyway, and was pleasantly surprised. It's far from being the best Muppet movie, but it has enough fun stuff in it to keep me interested. I found Kermit particularly charming as the Scarecrow, and Piggy was hilarious as the Witches. Could have been better, though, and I thought it a little to "hip" for my tastes. What I would really like to see is a new movie where the Muppets get to play themselves, or even better: "The New Muppet Show". And it certainly wouldn't kill them to feature a certain pianoplaying dog a little more prominently, would it? :smile:

Pianodog.

Pianodog

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Well I TRIED to watch the dvd but after a few minutes I still wasn't satisfied. So I just watched IAVMMCM which is (in my opinion) better than Oz. I will TRY to watch it this afternoon...
This I do agree with: It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie is in my opinion by far the best of the new Muppet films, and i watched it three times the first week i owned it, which is something of a record for me. The only thing wrong with it is that cumbersome title ...

Pianodog.

Dantagon

Reaction score
I barrowed it from the library the moment I saw it thinking, 'Yay! New muppet movie!'. I finished watching it thinking, 'This shouldn't be in the kids section...' I really was unimpressed with the movie, and so was my dad who also watched it all the way through. Some of the adult humor was a little to all there, so to speak. The Jim Henson Company can do better than that, I know they can.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Dantagon said:
I barrowed it from the library the moment I saw it thinking, 'Yay! New muppet movie!'. I finished watching it thinking, 'This shouldn't be in the kids section...' I really was unimpressed with the movie, and so was my dad who also watched it all the way through. Some of the adult humor was a little to all there, so to speak. The Jim Henson Company can do better than that, I know they can.
you mean Disney not henson...and um I'm not sure they can lol

P

Philip Kippel

TheJimHensonHour said:
you mean Disney not henson...and um I'm not sure they can lol
Well, MWoO went into production when the Muppets were still owned by the Jim Henson Company...BEFORE Disney acquired the rights to them.

Also, Disney CAN do better things.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Disney can do better things but do they do better things? Personally, I think disney is slipping with the quality of their productions.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Well, MWoO went into production when the Muppets were still owned by the Jim Henson Company...BEFORE Disney acquired the rights to them.

actually while the title had been floating around at Henson , it was the first Disney Muppet production, the muppet deal went into affect only a few months after AVMMC special, originally it had been planned as a follow to the NBC christmas special, but the deal with deinsey moved it to ABC