The Muppets Movie Reviews

theprawncracker

Reaction score
As we get closer to the movie coming out, tons of reviews are sure to start pouring in. I think this thread should suffice to collect all of them in one place.

I'd love to kick it off with my own review of the movie for The Muppet Mindset. I had the extreme good fortune of seeing The Muppets last night... and it was magnificent. Here's my full review:

http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2011/11/muppets-movie-review.html

matleo

Reaction score
Prawny, you beat me to the punch! I had just read your article and thought 'we should start a thread for reviews'. Very nice write up , my friend. I eagerly await this film and the many reviews that follow.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Great article!
You went to the premiere last night? How'd you get in? D23?

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i have one question was pepes role still how it was in the film and did u see credits and the manama na celebrity thing?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Great article!
You went to the premiere last night? How'd you get in? D23?
I was extremely fortunate to get an invitation to the cast and crew screening. It wasn't the premiere, but it was before the premiere. It was all thanks to connections I have and Muppet people being the nicest people anywhere.

bluebomber95

Reaction score
I heard you met Peter Linz, who I've met on quite a few occasions because he lives in my town. He's such a nice guy, isn't he? He was really the perfect choice for Walter. I always get nervous to speak to him though because he's often with his family or talking to someone else, and I usually end up saying dumb stuff to people I really admire.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Sorry, no spoilers from the movie from me. You need to see it for yourself and be surprised by the greatness. I did meet Peter Linz, who is one of the nicest people I've ever met. He's a daily reader of The Muppet Mindset and was kind enough to not only sign something for me (as Walter!!) but talk to me for quite awhile before and after the screening. The only other Muppeteer there was Bill Barretta (Eric Jacobson and Matt Vogel were still in Nashville after Piggy was on the CMA's, Dave Goelz was visiting family, Steve Whitmire was at the Latin Grammys with Kermit) and we'd already met but he's so amazing and funny that it was like meeting him for the first time again. Director James Bobin was also there and an amazing person to talk to. He was so proud of the movie and so thrilled to hear I liked it. He reads the Mindset too. It's humbling... it really, really is.

bluebomber95

Reaction score
I just feel so happy for YOU! You're so young and you've already had so many great experiences, and things are only going to get better from here! (Not that I should really be calling you young... I'm only 16... but... um... you know what I mean)

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Terrific review, and I'm so happy for you! And excited for the rest of us!