1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Muppets head for Oz

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 16, 2004.

?

What do you think of the Muppet Wizard of Oz script?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2004.
I like that it will be based on the book 49 vote(s) 43.0%
I wish it was based on the movie 11 vote(s) 9.6%
I wish they would do something original 54 vote(s) 47.4%

1. The Good Doctor New Member

Muppets Tonight

Sorry about my remarks, I had thought that Muppets Tonight was on HBO, but I guess I was wrong, it is not the first time. I have been wrong lots of times. I think that Muppets from space could have been better, perhaps with some original songs...I do not know........I just do not know. :confused: :p
  2. McFraggle Active Member

I think I would have liked it better with original songs as well. One of the things that makes "The Muppet Movie" so great is the songs.
  3. The Good Doctor New Member

Oz

Return to OZ and the Wizard of OZ are not the same book, not at all. Return is based on the first 3 OZ books by L. Frank Baum. The Wizard of Oz is based on the firts book, "The Wonderful Wizard of OZ". the differences are huage and really you would need to read them to find out how. :)
  4. Gideon New Member

As I said on another post my guess is

Rowlf-wizard
    piggy-dorothy
    kermit-scarecrow
    fozzy-lion
    gonzo-tinman
    south witch-janice
    honeydew-mayor
    beaker-dr
  5. WOCKA2416 New Member

Dorothy will be a human.
  6. Fozzie Bear Moderator

So far, Ashanti is Dorothy, Queen Latifah is Auntie Em, Kermit=Scarecrow, Gonzo=Tin Man, Fozzie=Lion, and Miss Piggy=Wicked Witch. Quentin Tarantino appears in a cameo.

meh.
  7. Green Ranger New Member

8. Wilhelmina New Member

ooo

I think that Muppets wizard of oz is a marvelous idea! Theyll be able to make it witty, yet classic. I wonder who will be dorothy? And hey, who will direct it? Not Brian Henson . . . bummer.
  9. Wilhelmina New Member

hey! who will Rizzo be?

How will they sneak him in there?
  10. Wilhelmina New Member

if Dorothy is a human, who will Piggy be? :confused: :confused:
  11. GelflingWaldo New Member

To answer your questions:
    Ashanti will be playing Dorothy

Kirk Thacher will direct the film - He directed the Very Mery Muppet Christmas Movie, and he co-wrote Muppet Treasure Island.

It has been confermed that the Muppet rats will be the munchkins, so I think they might try to "sneak" Rizzo in there, maybe as Mayor of munchkinland...but Rizzo's role is not confermed yet.

:) FYI - This is my 100th post in the Muppet Central Forums - Yeah! :excited:
  12. McFraggle Active Member

I would say that Rizzo will be the leader of the munchkins. :)