The Muppets head for Oz

What do you think of the Muppet Wizard of Oz script?

• I like that it will be based on the book

Votes: 49 43.0%
  • I wish it was based on the movie

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • I wish they would do something original

Votes: 54 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beebers

Reaction score
The Narrator said:
Living with coyotes is fun and all, but I'll still go to the theater to see the film. I'll support the Muppets in this endeavor, so that the head honchos as Disney will hopefully produce another.
LOL, yes it is fun, and they happen to be my very near neighbors. The coyotes, not Disney. It's a made-for-TV movie, so whether or not I watch it won't make a jot of difference in show of support. If it were box office that would be different. I used to feel that way, that I wanted to support, and show support, for any and all Muppet efforts. But, now, I need to see something of quality, and something of originality, to feel that old support again. We can all agree to disagree lol. I hear zee coyotes calling me . . .

:cool:

The Narrator

Reaction score
Luke said:
Why go there when you have a perfectly good TV set at home? It's a television movie for ABC.
Beebers said:
It's a made-for-TV movie,
A boy can always dream of seeing a Muppet movie at the theaters, can't he? ...I must have been blinded by hopes and missed the TV movie tidbit. :embarrassed:

Beebers

Reaction score
Eez hokay, hokay? We all dream of Great Muppet Things in zee theaters someday lol.

:cool:

Whatever

Reaction score
Luke said:
Why go there when you have a perfectly good TV set at home? It's a television movie for ABC.
Some of us DON'T have a TV at home... which means I'll have to make my sister tape it for me so I can see it on break from college, umpteen months later. :frown:

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I cannot stomach Lachey OR Simpson, two of the most grossly overpaid, undertalented, vacuous people around, made for each other,-
I'll drink to that! The most annoying couple since Tom and Nicole!

and I agree with The Narrator's observation that the Baum books do not translate well at all to film. I will avoid seeing this project when it it is run; in fact, I will run screaming into the hills to live with coyotes rather than watch it. Glad I've made my plans for THAT particular evening.

:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:
It's been a very long time since I read the Baum books, but I'm willing to wait and see what the folks at Henson will do with the material. I may be joining you in the hills....

Jen

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Well yahoo and whoopee, the Muppets are turning into TV crap time. What a special talent Simspon is...NOT :big_grin:

I hate to look to be "negative" but all these projects sound bad. People will be tuning in for "Wizard of OZ," not Muppets. Do these people have ZERO original ideas?

People are expecting a book version? Ha! We are talking about Disney made for TV. Don't expect something good. And people will be confused if it doesn't follow the movie.

Man, what a stupid idea :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Stu-pid!

Hor-id

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sorry about that post, that was the evil cousin inside of me.

__

Er postplopping I'm sorry to be about, evil comedian of death takin' over inconveny timaload, true?

Bea:zany:regard

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I've never read any of the books so i'm not choosing to vote, i was gonna say movie but i would have to read the books to have a better setting in my mind. I doubt i'll read the books even though I really should. :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's online, Zack. Go to my thread that I posted a link to above and you can find the lniks to all of Baum's books to read them online.