"The Muppets" first preview screening

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker, not much poster.

On August 18th through Neilson Movie View I had the great privilege to see a preview screening of Jason Segal's new "The Muppets" movie coming out in November.
This is what Neilson sent me.

Ask anything!
No spoilers please, but was it good? Was it the final, polished cut? How long was it? How does it rate with the other 6 motion pictures? And is Pepe in it very much?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
No spoilers please, but was it good?
Personally, I really liked it. There wasn't one person in the audience that didn't rate the movie as "Excellent" or "Very Good". A handfull of scenes felt nostalgic to the original Muppet Show while watching it.
"Getting the gang back together" happened a lot shorter than I had liked, however. The last scene involving what they shot in front of the El Capitan seemed rushed, but it was only the last couple minutes of the movie.
Was it the final, polished cut?
There was some minor temporary background music and some unfinished armwire bluescreening, but it was the whole movie. Afterwards they picked me and a handfull of other people to be in a recorded focus group, so the feedback given might translate into a bit of editing.
How long was it?
It felt like about an hour and 45 minutes.
How does it rate with the other 6 motion pictures?
I can say it was was much better than Muppets from Space. I liked it better than all the other Muppet movies except for The Muppet Movie.
And is Pepe in it very much?
He has his scene.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I really liked it. A handfull of scenes felt nostalgic to the original Muppet Show while watching it. There wasn't one person in the audience that didn't rate the movie as "Excellent" or "Very Good". I didn't like the last scene involving what they shot in front of the El Capitan, which I thought was rushed, but it was only the last couple minutes of the movie. "Getting the gang back together" happened shorter than I liked. Since it's still in production, it can hopefully be changed.

There was some minor temporary background music and some unfinished armwire bluescreening, but it was the whole movie. Afterwards me and a handfull of people they picked were held for a recorded focus group, so what was said might go into them editing a few scenes.

It felt like about an hour and 45 minutes.

I can say it was was much better than Muppets from Space. I liked it better than all the other Muppet movies except for The Muppet Movie.

He's in it little to none.
Oooh, well that sounds exciting and it seems that we have similar taste in Muppet films. I'm sorry to hear about Pepe, but it appears that Scooter and Rowlf are in it a whole bunch so that's a good trade-off.

How was Scooter in this? I know a lot of people will be asking that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Scooter was great, David Rudman just did an amazing performance as him and I could barely tell the difference between him and Richard Hunt. He was in it a lot, the same 'ol Scooter as he was in The Muppet Show.
I'm glad. He's a personal fave of mine. :wink: I'm sure you'll get lots of questions!

Thanks for answering my questions and welcome to the forum!

outerelf

Reaction score
I won't spoil myself too much either XD I know if I do then I'll never go to see the movie.

Were there really a lot of smaller characters that got some good lines? Or did they only appear in group shots?

And were the villians awesome?

Oh, and for the purposes of my fanfic, did the movie ever touch upon how the others left, and in what order?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
Were there really a lot of smaller characters that got some good lines?
Oh yes, lots of minor Muppet characters got their own lines.
And were the villians awesome?
..Meh. It's what you would expect Bobo and Deadly to be, but overall the "villains" seemed underplayed.

I'm glad. He's a personal fave of mine. :wink: I'm sure you'll get lots of questions!

Thanks for answering my questions and welcome to the forum!
Thanks!