"The Muppets" Final Parody Trailer On-line

Drtooth

Reaction score
The "fuss in boots" line concerning the fart shoes... brilliant.. I laughed so hard
Heh... that was a brilliant slap in the face of those who complained about it isn't it?

Nice that they hammered some of the competition.

Still, i wish they'd release these things on television. The internet buzz is good, but I should see Kermit every other commercial break instead of Adam Sandler in drag and Penguins singing controversial songs out of context.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------
The "Happy Feet" bit was brilliant! ACK-- penguins!!!!!

Very very cute. Now to email this trailer to everyone I know...mwahhahahah...
-----------------------------

Duke Remington

Reaction score
----------------------------
The "Happy Feet" bit was brilliant! ACK-- penguins!!!!!

Very very cute. Now to email this trailer to everyone I know...mwahhahahah...
-----------------------------
Speaking of "Happy Feet", part of me can't help but think that that bit in the trailer doubles as a reference to not only the "Happy Feet" movies, but to Kermit's "Happy Feet" musical number from The Muppet Show as well. :smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I think he meant, he knew he'd spoil it for himself.

What I want to know is, why is Gary holding that one rat. And also, I have to know about Rowlf's wardrobe. Like, that hat he wears in that one part of the first full trailer, and also the suit he wears during the Telethon. When did Rowlf start wearing clothes? And scrubs don't count guys!!!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I know people have already said it on here but the "Fuss in Boots" bit was friggin BRILLIANT, and for so many reasons.

When they were first advertising for Puss in Boots, the release date was the same as the Muppets, but soon after the Muppets release date was announced Puss in Boots wisely moved up their release date- the Muppets would crush that dreamworks kitty anyday!

Second, the bit inconspicously and blatantly pointed out that there has been controversy (completely ridiculous controversy in my opinion) over the Fozzy fart shoes gag and in a span of less than 5 seconds completely diminimzed it- SO...FRIGGIN...BRILLIANT!

And for every parody of a new movie they did, they basically showed that the Muppets can parody their movie and could probably make their movie better if the Muppets did it themselves- all with each segment lasting mere seconds- So brilliant!!!

Whoever is coming up with these parody trailers, and especially this last one, totally amazing and they definitely deserve a raise!!

I love how they turned the tables on the first parody trailer (Green with Envy) to focus on Kermit and Piggy!!!!! (wish they would have done that in the first place) SO excited for the anticipation of new Frog/Pig romance!!!!!!!! I've been waiting so long for and it seems like this particular Muppet fan dream of mine will finally come true! :flirt:

Ok, whew, I got my excitement out for now, and I promise I'll stop saying brilliant...after these three times..BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT.

there, I'm done...

BRILLIANT!!!!!

ok, now I'm done :smile:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Second, the bit inconspicously and blatantly pointed out that there has been controversy (completely ridiculous controversy in my opinion) over the Fozzy fart shoes gag and in a span of less than 5 seconds completely diminimzed it- SO...FRIGGIN...BRILLIANT!
I can't believe that I, as a die hard Muppet fan, mis-spelled Fozzie's name!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goes to show how tired I am......extremely long day of work today and a long weekend of having to go to work this weekend (DANG USAJOBS fiasco!!)

so ashamed...sorry Fozzie!

:embarrassed:

beaker

Reaction score
Once again, they've out meta'd themselves. Also I think they (Disney) realizes they dun goofed on the exclusion of Pepe, so seems they've been trying to over compensate lately

dwmckim

Reaction score
That trailer is pure genius! On so many levels even.

And while i don't know if one would say it equates with a "bazillion", but it looks like it provided the push to provide the Muppets with their millionth like on Facebook.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
And while i don't know if one would say it equates with a "bazillion", but it looks like it provided the push to provide the Muppets with their millionth like on Facebook.
As of this morning, The Muppets fanpage now has 1,009,717 likes. :smile: