The Muppets Character Encyclopedia coming Feb. 7 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
That would be awesome indeed! But hey- I'll take what I can get.:smile:

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Website is down. Saw it this afternoon on my mobile phone and it looks very nice/ I'm happy, I pre-ordered it so I will get it soon!

galagr

Reaction score
I find it odd that they included Sketches/Acts...I thought this book was gonna be strictly about the characters and their back stories/fun-facts. Ah, well. I guess without the sketches, they wouldn't be too well known anyway.

I also realized the boundaries of this book...I mean, it's gonna include characters like Afghan Hound, Angel Marie, Fleet Scribbler, and the Fazoobs. This pretty much confirms characters like George the Janitor, Annie Sue, Hilda, Marvin Suggs, Mildred Huxtetter, etc. The fact that they are even acknowledging these characters in a 2014 book gets me immensely excited. Who would've thought Disney would even acknowledge the fact that those characters exist?

Also, I pre-ordered the book off of Amazon. So, will I receive the book on the 7th, or will it ship out on the 7th?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the "Gonzo's Great Acts" page, it seems like his motorcycle act is the only actual act represented, with the others pictured not coming from any actual productions. Why not acknowledge/picture his tire-eating. cannonball-catching, piano-balancing, or hypnotism acts? But maybe those will be mentioned on the Gonzo page.

It won't surprise me if there's going to be a "Fozzie's Jokes" page. Or an Electric Mayhem section (in addition to each individual member getting a page). There'll probably be pages for Pigs in Space and Muppet Labs. It would be cool if there were sections on The Muppet Theater, Muppet Central, and KMUP.

I wonder if any celebrities/live actors will be pictured. Not exactly a big deal, just wondering if they'll be pictured or mentioned in any pages, aside from first appearances on shows named after the hosts (the pages for Mahna Mahna and the Snowths should list their debuts as The Ed Sullivan Show).

At first I thought all the character pages would list likes and dislikes, but looking at them again, some of them do leave out likes and/or dislikes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the book comes out in just a few days. I hope that a review comes out before the book is released. Don't know if Tough Pigs or The Muppet Mindset or even Muppet Central will get (or has gotten) an early copy to review, but that would be nice (and I expect both sites to give a great review regardless of whether they get it early).

galagr

Reaction score
Has it been said if the new information in the book is canonical or not? If it is, and I REALLY hope it is, we're gonna have to do a lot of updating on the wiki.

AHH! Two days! I can barely stand the wait!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has it been said if the new information in the book is canonical or not? If it is, and I REALLY hope it is, we're gonna have to do a lot of updating on the wiki.

Well the Muppets don't have canon, so it probably doesn't matter. But it would be interesting if any new facts come up in future projects (I don't really expect any new info on the long-time main characters like Kermit or Miss Piggy, they already have plenty of existing info that can be included).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Trying to cobble it all together is madness. best not to bother.

Though, to their credit, you got to love how the last movie tried to do canon... then basically said that those were movies anyway. :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at these sample pages, it looks like these might not include characters who were more-or-less exclusive to the Tales from Muppetland specials. Looking at the two-page spread with Cactus Quartet and Camilla, it's obvious the book won't include Caleb Siles. I'd be surprised if the other Muppet Musicians of Bremen villains were included at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.