The Muppets Celebrate 40 Years of Sesame Street

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Chapter Seven:
Kermit (Sighs): Well, I feel better now and welcome back and we're here in the middle of Sesame Street and we're talking to the more recent characters added to the show. Here's Baby Bear, Telly, Zoe, Rosita, Murray Monster and let's not forget that furry, red monster himself, Elmo!
Elmo: Hi, Mr. Kermit.
Kermit: Hello, Elmo. Long time, no see, huh?
Elmo: Uh-huh.
Kermit: Well, what has it been like working on this wonderful street?
Zoe: Oh, we've had a ball through the years and we have a lot of fun all the time.
Telly: I'll say. It's amazing what we've been through to be where we are now. I mean, imagine, 40 years on television? Wowee!
Baby Bear: Yes. It's been a great experience not only with these guys, but with my little sister, Curly Bear!
(Curly babbles)
Kermit: Oh, is she a cutie?
Baby Bear: You betcha. (Laughs)
Murray: Oh, Mr. Kermit the Frog. Let me just say, it's an honor to meet you in person!
I never thought in my wildest dreams I would meet you face to face! And now, you're here on Sesame Street! Wow!
Kermit: Uh, thank you, Murray. It's a pleasure to meet you as well.
(Ovajita flies and lands on Murray)
Kermit: Waaa! And who's this?
Murray: This is my little lamb friend, Ovajita, which is "Little Lamb" in Spanish.
Ovajita: Si.
Kermit: And she's not the only Spanish speaking character here. There's also Rosita.
Rosita: Si. Well, having kids speak in another language is a great learning skill, I think and we can learn to speak to someone else who speaks the same language.
Kermit: Ooh, very interesting. You know, Sesame Street is not just seen in American homes. It's seen all over the world.
Elmo: Really? How many countries?
Kermit: Well, about 120 countries.
Murray: Wow! That's amazing!
Ovajita: Es Estupendo!
Telly: I didn't know that Sesame Street was seen in other countries.
Baby Bear: Me neither.
Kermit: Well, just have a look for yourselves at Sesame Street around the world.
All: Ooh!
International Sesame Street montage:
Mexico
Germany
India
The Netherlands
Canada
China
Egypt
South Africa
Russia
Rosita: Wow! That was great!
Murray: Yeah. I still can't believe that Sesame Street is being watched all over the world!
Kermit: Mmm-hmm. That's why Sesame Street is known as "The Longest Street in the World"
Elmo: Elmo can see why.
Rosita: I guess that's one of the best parts of Sesame Street, that kids from all over can learn many things.
All: Yeah.
Scooter: Hi, cheif.
Kermit: Hi, Scooter. How's the party?
Scooter: It's great! But you know what my favorite part of Sesame Street is?
Murray: No, what?
Scooter: The guest stars that have been on the show. Look!
Guest star montage:
Stevie Wonder
Tito Puente
Madeline Kahn with Grover
Jane Curtin with the Two-headed Monster
Neil Patrick Harris as the Shoe Fairy
Danny Devito with Oscar
Gloria Estefan
Feist singing "1, 2, 3, 4"
Sandra Oh as the Fairy Cookie Person
Bill Cosby and himself
Lena Horne with Grover
Ray Charles singing "Bein' Green"
Interview Segment:
Bill Cosby: Sesame Street is, in my opinion, the greatest TV show there is. It's been going on for 40 years and I hope it will still go strong for however long it will last.
Robin Williams: Sesame Street is a great program for kids. It has silliness and yet it has real valuable learning lessons for kids that they can blossom from later in life.
Lena Horne: Sesame Street, congratulations on a wonderful 40 years of fun and teaching. I hope you keep going.
Maya Angelou: Sesame Street is a part of growing up, not just for kids, but also for the parents because they can watch with their kids and have as much fun as they're having.
Paul Williams: Sesame Street has become part of everyone's life. The kids today watch it because their parents watched it and possibly even grandparents watch it. It's a family affair. Anyway, thanks for 40 years of learning and entertainment.
Kermit: Wonderful guest star moments, aren't they? Well, stay tuned for a very special finale with all your favorite Muppets and Sesame Street characters after this.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Chapter Eight:
Kermit: Hi-ho! Welcome back and we're nearing the end of a fantastic 40 year celebration for Sesame Street. Isn't that right, guys?
(All Muppets cheer)
Well, now's the time when we all come together and sing a song and to do that, we have all my Muppet friends here and the past and present Muppets from Sesame Street!
Come on in, everyone! Join the party!
Snuffy: Hey, Bird!
Big Bird: Oh, Snuffy! Glad you could make it!
Kermit: Hiya, Snuffy.
Snuffy: This must be the frog you told me about, huh, Bird?
Big Bird: That's right, Snuffy. This is Kermit.
Snuffy: Well, it's a pleasure to meet you, Kermit.
Kermit: Same here. You know, I can't believe people thought you were imaginary.
Snuffy: Well, seeing is believing after all. (Chuckles) I can't believe that Sesame Street has been around for 40 years. The longest any show has been on.
Big Bird: It's amazing, isn't it?
Snuffy: Sure is, Bird.
(Muppets chatting excitedly as they enter)
And of course, what's a fantastic song finale without the cast of the greatesst street in the world, Sesame Street, huh?
(Everyone cheers)
Fozzie: Kermit, let me say, that this party has been wondeful!
Scooter: It sure has.
Robin: Here's to 40 wonderful years. Thank you everyone from Sesame Street!
Muppets: Yeah!
Kermit: And I hope you, the faithful viewer, have enjoyed this 40th celebration and all the wonderful moments from them. All right, everyone. Remember, the 40th season of Sesame Street starts on November 10th at 9:00 AM sharp, don't be late!
Elmo: We won't, Mr. Frog!
(All laugh)
Kermit: But, right now, let's all sing!
(Sings): Sing, sing a song.
Robin: Sing out loud, sing out strong.
Fozzie: Sing of good things, not bad.
Big Bird: Sing of happy, not sad.
Ernie and Bert: Sing, sing a song.
Grover: Make it simple to last your whole life long.
Snuffy: Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear.
(With Big Bird): Sing, sing a song.
All: La-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
La-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
PJ and Kai-Lee: Sing, sing a song.
Let the world sing along.
Gobo and Wembley: Sing of love there could be.
Elmo: Sing for you and for me.
Emmet and his friends: Sing, sing a song.
Make it simple to last your whole life long.
Lugsy, Twitch and Bean: Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear.
All: Sing, sing a song.
(Music plays)
Fozzie: All right, everybody. Modulate. Big Finish!
All: Sing, sing a song.
Sing out loud, sing out strong.
Sing of good things, not bad.
Sing of happy, not sad.
Sing, sing a song.
Make it simple to last your whole life long.
Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear.
Sing, sing a song.
Just sing, sing a song.
(Music ends, everyone cheers and rejoins the party)

mbmfrog

Reaction score
To me this is a great story in showing how the muppets themselves would celebrate Sesame street in it's 40 years of educating the children of the world.

I thank you for this great story as it was both entertaining and fun all the way. :insatiable:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Just don't tell anyone at Tough Pigs that it ended with a finale of "Sing" :wink: