The Muppets Bechdel Test (re. Female roles)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Haha. I was joking also, but you know what, I don't think I've ever seen Miss Piggy more relaxed on having more genuine FUN than when she was interacting with Rowlf and Janice in those sketches. She's like a giddy kid, just laughing about the place.

Its a shame that for the rest of her acting career she's stuck with boys, around whom she seems to have to act differently.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Haha. I was joking also, but you know what, I don't think I've ever seen Miss Piggy more relaxed on having more genuine FUN than when she was interacting with Rowlf and Janice in those sketches. She's like a giddy kid, just laughing about the place.

Its a shame that for the rest of her acting career she's stuck with boys, around whom she seems to have to act differently.
Yeah Piggy always seem to let loose with the silly in Vet's Hospital. She's always wanting to be a glamor girl but I think she really missed her true calling as a comedian, lol.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah Piggy always seem to let loose with the silly in Vet's Hospital. She's always wanting to be a glamor girl but I think she really missed her true calling as a comedian, lol.
Agreed! She also let loose the silly when she was with Joan, so...does that tell you something?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No, no, I mean Rivers. In MTM with the "Powderapuff'a'you!"
Ohhh right, duh I'm sorry I'm slow today, lol. And ashamed because that's my favorite of the movies, lol.

"Pigs don't have eyebrows!"

"Well this pig is going to!"

Slackbot

Reaction score
After all, when Miss Poogy is first shown as Miss Piggy's replacement, Fozzie says "She's sort of like Miss Piggy". He knew her better than the rest, so he would know her gender (though I feel that line should have gone to one of the others, someone who hadn't met her).
In the drag community, it's considered proper to refer to someone's drag persona as the gender they're assuming rather than their physical gender. Thus, RuPaul and Divine would be 'she', not 'he'.

Just sayin'.

Hubert

Reaction score
Or maybe even Fozzie had no idea...

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I just had a random thought. For some reason I think a lot when I should be going to bed. But, the Bechdel test. I'm all for strong female characters, I wish we had more of them, but the Bechdel test is a very low standard for that, I think. Because, two female characters can talk to each other about something other than men but they can still be badly written sexist stereotypes.