1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Muppets and YouTube.com

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by Super Scooter, Dec 1, 2006.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Here are two episodes of Mopatop's Shop.

2. FrackleFan2012

Here's three Fraggle Rock promos that aired on HBO.

3. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

The closing from the Paul Williams episode of TMS with the ATV/ITC logo, taken from a Dutch broadcast.

4. FrackleFan2012

Here's the CBS Special Movie intro and to The Muppets Take Manhattan, as well as bumpers that start at 7:56 on part 3 and 4:38 and 8:37 on part 4, and a Muppet Babies commercial that starts at 9:17 on part 3.

5. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Here's Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets:

It's interesting seeing Frank Oz perform so many incidental characters in something made in 1985, yet none of his main characters appear in the linking footage. All that stuff with the dog who kept having questions was also funny, and I was expecting Rowlf to get really annoyed by the end. It did have a funny pay-off, though.

I wasn't expecting the video to start with the first clip. I thought there'd be linking footage before it starts, but it doesn't. Also interesting how audio from the closing number was used during the end credits, as opposed to the closing theme (or a variation of the theme, like in The Kermit and Piggy Story and Children's Songs and Stories).
  7. FrackleFan2012

That's called Country Music with the Muppets, not Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets. It's a nice find, though. :)
  8. minor muppetz

I saw this recently and was wondering about it. I know that it's from the Muppet Musicians of Bremen release, and was confused because I rented that one a long time ago and was sure there was no promo before it started (and I'm pretty sure I would have remembered seeing a promo for the other Muppet Home Video releases). I'd like to see a Muppet Home Video promo that includes the Bremen special.

After seeing it was from Star Home Video and that Star didn't distribute them in America, I searched Muppet Wiki for info, but Muppet Wiki doesn't have any info on Star, the the videographies for those specials don't mention the Star release.

Oops. Though the same person who uploaded it did upload Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets, though that copy has foreign subtitles, begins with the "Muppet Home Video" logo (instead of the Playhouse Video/Muppet Video sequence), and for some reason that copy doesn't have a title logo (I wonder if it was that way for other foreign releases that included english dialogue). But somebody else did upload Children's Songs and Stories a few years ago, so there's two copies online.

One thing I've been wondering is who performed Rowlf's assistant, Louise? Can't quite tell whose voice that is, guessing Dave Goelz since he performed in other compilation videos and she appears on-screen with characters performed by Jim, Frank, and Richard who also performed in the videos. I also wonder if maybe it was Louise Gold, since she was named Louise.
  9. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, that includes you, minor muppetz. I found what all of you should of been looking for. Thanks!

10. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I know this isn't exactly Kermit and the Gang more than it is SS, but I kinda thought this would be a treat, since it hasn't been aired since like 2002, according to Muppet Wiki. This is the only EW never to be released in DVD. Sorry about it being in Polish, an English version, is not available at the moment. :laugh: I am STILL hoping for English copy to pop up somewhere.
  11. minor muppetz

I wonder what the deal is with the Transportation episode being so rare. A new Elmo's World DVD has recently been out and didn't include it, while the DVD before that one completed all the EW segments not on DVD. It would be great if sesamestreet.org would at least include a clip from this one (depending on whether this episode has something that's making Sesame Workshop not want to release it).
  12. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I have NO clue why SS hasn't at least put it on their website. I;m not asking for a DVD release, just a release on Youtube, their website, DVD, or even put it on Amazon. This is the ONLY EW episode not on DVD yet out of the whole series. And sadly, it's one of the best ones from the whole series. And there are pictures of it on Muppet Wiki from Noggin, so there IS a copy still on a VHS that SOMEONE out there has.
  13. minor muppetz

I don't want to bring this thread off-topic, but according to a talk page on Muppet Wiki, the Sprout broadcast of an episode that featured this segment had it replaced with the "Books" episode, so there must be some reason.
  14. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I know, but I see no copyright problems.
  15. minor muppetz

Here's a "Walt Disney World Memories" video of most of Here Comes the Muppets. Not all of it, but the reason I draw attention to it is because it has some of the pre-show which hasn't been online! There's also a nice shot of the logo in the lobby.

16. FrackleFan2012

...from College Humor.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  17. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I've heard various stories about the original prints for the first two Muppet Movies having different audio bits in a few scenes. For instance, in the original print for TGMC, after Kermit finds out that Piggy isn't Lady Holliday, and Piggy is seen walking off into the dark, there's a sound effect of some church bells in the background. Current prints replace this with sounds of a cat. You can just barely hear part of the original audio at the beginning of this clip.
  18. minor muppetz

Here's something interesting I found: Opening previews that appear on the UK release of Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff.

What I find interesting is that it has individual promos for two of the Muppet Video releases (The Kermit and Piggy Story and Muppet Moments) but not the others (that were released in the UK), while the openings to Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies are included, but not clips from the episodes on VHS (in fact Jim Henson Video later put out a Fraggle Rock promo that was merely the opening, with an announcer talking at the very beginning).

It's also interesting how the promos for the compilations don't have an announcer. We just see a few random clips. No guest star clips, either. It's almost like the promos for Sesame Street videos that Sesame Workshop posts on YouTube. Some of the clips and editing is odd; For The Kermit and Piggy Story, we get a clip where somebody asks Miss Piggy if she works there leading to her karate chopping him, due to her just being fired, but not any clips where the firing is obvious. It'd be confusing to those who haven't seen all the backstage scenes. And for Muppet Moments, we get a second of the linking footage that leads to Sax and Violence. Odd editing!
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  19. minor muppetz

Here's footage of Jim Henson performing Scred as he was training people for The Dark Crystal.

FrackleFan2012 and ploobis like this.
  20. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Wow! That video was awesome! The Scred character was given to Jerry Nelson and we have heard that that was his favorite character of SNL in the early days of Jim's team. Thank you for sharing, minor muppetz!
    ploobis likes this.