The MuppetCast - Show #55 - Bunny Week!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
It's Bunny Week on The MuppetCast! What that means is that this episode will feature both The Tale of the Bunny Picnic and a visit from our friends James & Joe (live in the studio), who perform their act entitled Bunnies in Peril. Oh yeah, AND they do some pretty cool stuff while working at Walt Disney World.

Something else caught my eye last week, which I just had to feature on the show. There's a group in Texas called the South Austin Jug Band, named in part after the Muppet classic Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas. I talked briefly with James Hyland, the band's lead singer and co-founder, and we hear one of the tracks off their brand-new album "Strange Invitation".

Coming up in future weeks on the show, we'll start looking at the Jim Henson Hour, and I'm trying to put something special together for Mother's Day that Muppet fans will reeealy like (I think!).

Questions/Comments can be emailed to me@muppetcast.com, or called in via voice mail at 614-364-4270. Or hey, we can talk right here in the forums! I'll be here all week folks, tip your waitresses!

Have a good one!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Will listen to this either later today or tomorrowish. Few things from reading the info at the site though.
The link for the Muppet Mansion doesn't seem to work, so I'll ask... What is this "Muppet Mansion"?
From the Tanzanian Sesame repackaging... Who is the character listed as Lulu? Is she a new character just for that version or is she featured in the original South African version?

Take care Steve... I'm currently in the works on something big with a couple of friends regarding the figures. Keep it on the QT for now.
Count down.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I'm going to be listening to this one today....but I did notice that the link for the mansion story is missing the "H" from the very beginning of the address.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Ohhh, that could be it. I'll go back and check/fix that. Good point-out, thanks!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Yep, that was it. I just fixed and tested the link, and it works now.

Reaction score
Good Show!

Great work! I listened to the whole thing today, since I drive a lot for my job. I've never seen the Bunny Picnic movie before, but I've heard of it. I'm one of those people that didn't grow up with cable, so no Fraggle Rock, no Emmett Otter either.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
You poor, deprived child! Get thine self over to Kermiclown ASAP and get the Bunny Picnic! Hehe...

Glad you liked it!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Coming up in future weeks on the show, we'll start looking at the Jim Henson Hour, and I'm trying to put something special together for Mother's Day that Muppet fans will reeealy like (I think!).
I don't know if this is what you meant or not, but I know that the introduction from The Jim Henson Hour episode The Ratings Game had Jim Henson wishing viewers a happy mothers day (even though the rest of the episode had nothing to do with mother's day). It's so interesting that you mention plans for both The Jim Henson Hour and Mother's Day to be represented on the podcast.

But I can't wait for the Jim Henson Hour episode. I think for that one you should end it with the Jim Henson Hour closing theme, as opposed to the usual Muppet Show closing theme. And if you plan on a show being all about The Jim Henson Hour, it would be appropriate for the first half of the podcast to focus on the MuppeTelevision segmnets (and maybe also the Inne Tube pilot and pitch reel), and the second half to be about the other portions of the show.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Oooh! I'll have to use that bit from JHH for the Mother's Day show, thanks for the tip! And actually, I'm planning a series of shows on the JHH! I love that idea about splitting up each episode's focus like the show did, I'll try and do that.

vaati64

Reaction score
Great work! I listened to the whole thing today, since I drive a lot for my job. I've never seen the Bunny Picnic movie before, but I've heard of it. I'm one of those people that didn't grow up with cable, so no Fraggle Rock, no Emmett Otter either.

i havent seen the bunny picnic or emmet otter before either!