The MuppetCast - Show #44 - Lotsa Feed-a-back-a

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Here's what I don't like about most "Listener Feedback" shows that you hear on some podcasts. Many times, the situation winds up being that the host, while very good at hosting said podcast, resorts to reading bunches and bunches of text, with little more included in the show.

Now, here's what you'll LOVE about this week's Listener Feedback show. Along with presenting listener feedback and questions, there's a LOT of Muppet material included too! Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, and even more! There's a lot of stuff that comes at you in the course of the episode, and it's just one heckuva good time.

HEY, A CONTEST! Up for grabs is a Johnny Fiama Series 7 Palisades figure. It's the burgundy suit variation of the figure, complete with a picture of Johnny's mother and the "Johnny Sings the Blues...and greens" prop album.

Let me know what you think!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... Now this feels... Strangely familiar?

Good times.
1 Was that "The Voice" Dictor or was that actually Eric as Fozzie at the beginning?
2 The thread's title here is "Next Muppetcast Guest Poll", just to clarify.
3 Glad to finally know who Hannah from Indiana is around these parts, will add her to my friends list.
4 Not sure who it was that mentioned this... But that person's five loves can be found all married within Sesame Street.
Check it:
a. Muppets, in Sesame, natch.
b. The Beatles, parodied as The Beetles.
c. Monty Python, parodied as the SST character named Monty, with a couple of others named Mr. Schneeze and Mr. Schnook who look like Eric Idle and Graham Chapman.
d. The Marx Brothers, there was a Groucho Marx Muppet in the Elmo's World: Noses segment.
e. Gilbert and Sullivan, there were two SST AM's named that who did these sort of silly informative operettas annoying Oscar.
All of these can be found at the Muppet Wiki if interested.
5 Farscape was a great show... Its premature cancellation is why I bear a bit of a grudge towards Stargate. But Season 1 is a good starting point, it sets you up for the relationships and other events in Season 2 mostly. And there's an episode in Season 4 where John ends up back home in the year 1986 involved in the events of the Challenger Shuttle tragedy. The only thing I'm saying about that episode is it's got a great moment for SST fans hidden there if you can spot it.
6 Liked the report on the Jim Henson traveling exhibit.
7 Not sure, but it sounded like there was a bit of static during Sesame Fever, the song.
8 The Cookie Monster interview has both a radio broadcast and the video, links can be found in another thread here at the forums.
9 Liked the FR songs at the end... Mokey has this way of sounding etherially beautiful at times.
10 Awards! We'll def have a great time with those.

OK, that's what I got... Take care and talk to youz soon.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey Count!

1. That was the real Fozzie, taken from the newly-redesigned Muppets.com. Just let the site load, watch through the first movie with all the dancing, and Fozzie is the second movie. I'm sure Jonathan would also be more than capable, though.

2. Thanks for the clarification

3. Yes, we all should add Hannah!

4. Wow, I didn't realize that! It's true though.

5. I can't wait to get into Farscape!

6. That was indeed an excellent exhibit report. I really can't wait to see it now.

7. There was indeed a bit of static during the Sesame Street Fever song. One of the by-products of analog records, I'm afraid. And I feel really bad that I forgot to credit our friend anytimepally in the show for sending me the mp3 of it! I just realized it this morning, and I really do feel terrible about forgetting. If you're reading this anytimepally, I'm very sorry I forgot to mention you.

8. I figured it showed up on plain ol' radio too. That was a lot of fun to listen to.

9. I really like that first song "Sail Away", especially for the part at the end where Red and, I think, Gobo sing the counterpart.

Oh, and pop quiz: Who's the lead singer in "Easy is the Only Way To Go"? Give me the singer's real name, not a character name (I don't think the singer was a recurring character anyway).

10. Yeah, I can't wait to record the awards with you guys this week!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... I'm sure Randall knows and will gladly take some cred from the rest of us traders here.
That would be head songwriter for FR himself, Phil Balsam. The character of Phil Fraggle was created for him exclusively for that song, I think.
BTW: Ask KermiClown or Sylende for the Sesame 4D Japanese amusement park song, I believe one of them has it.

That's all for now... Take care pal.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Wasn't that song fun! I played that Toxic Audio song a while ago, but I'll take any excuse to play it again.

And Phil Balsam (and for extra credit, Phil Fraggle) it was! I think he has such a great singing voice. Really talented guy; I need to get him on the show too.

Now...for extra-extra credit, who performed the Phil Fraggle puppet?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Phil himself was the voice. But the guy known as Whitmire did the puppeteering. That guy has a club here, but don't get them riled up... They spring into action quite quickly and silly-like.
Randy Newman... Yeah, we know that guy for his Pixar songs.
Still a good episode anyway you slice it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yes my week has been complet first hearing a great muppet cast and then seeing new stuff on Muppet.com im very happy.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Newman has actually scored many, many movies as well! You'd be really surprised, reading down his resume, just what a guy with funny-sounding singing voice can accomplish!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Just a quick blurb. The person named TheCreatureWorks is a member here at MC... Search for their profile and you'll find them.