The Muppet Show: Season 6

ploobis

Reaction score
Dorf was the BEST. I think that he was great on the Carol Burnett show. Although I enjoyed him more when they showed the old clips of the show. Oh man, were those really good.

Daniel
You said it buddy! :smile:

It would be funny to see The Muppets do something with DORF!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I've either written or am in the process of writing outlines for 14 of those names mentioned. Funny, I'd wager most people don't know that Peter Boyle could sing. Ditto Chevy Chase, who sang back-up for Carly Simon when she appeared on SNL.
I've only heard Peter Boyle sing once, on the SNL episode he hosted, and was surprised at what a wonderful voice he had!

I knew Chevy was a singer. In the 1960s, he was in various rock groups. Some of his bandmates over the years included members of Steely Dan and Christopher Guest.

The only group Chevy was in to hit it "big" was as keyboardist in a group called Chameleon Church. They actually released an album around 1968/69 on the MGM label.

In the early 1970s, he was part of the off-Broadway revue, National Lampoon's Lemmings; the second act was a parody of the Woodstock festival, and Chevy (as well as other members of the cast, including Guest and John Belushi) played and sang back-up on many of the songs. Chevy even had a solo spot to himself, singing a John Denver parody called "Colorado."

I think Elliott Gould would have made a fantastic TMS host.

Perhaps Orson Welles, as well?

Teheheman

Reaction score
Speaking of Chevy hitting it big, didn't he and Paul Simon have a #1 hit where he looked like he was playing a saxaphone? I think he was in the video. I can call you Betty, you can call me Al.

Daniel

Pug Lover

Reaction score
George Harrison
Cher
Bette Midler
Mel Blanc
Johnny Carson
Jane Fonda
James Garner
Betty White
Harrison Ford
Lucille Ball
Bill Cosby
Tom Petty
Micheal J.Fox
Sissy Spacek
Ann Margret
Roy Orbison
Charles Grodin
Leonard Nimoy
Englebert Humperdink & Dolly Parton

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Speaking of Chevy hitting it big, didn't he and Paul Simon have a #1 hit where he looked like he was playing a saxaphone? I think he was in the video. I can call you Betty, you can call me Al.

Daniel
Chevy and Steve Martin appeared in the music video with Paul Simon for "You Can Call Me Al," a track off Simon's 1986 album, Graceland.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Chevy and Steve Martin appeared in the music video with Paul Simon for "You Can Call Me Al," a track off Simon's 1986 album, Graceland.
Oh ok, I thought he was in the video, but I wasn't sure if he did any background stuff. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Daniel

peyjenk

Reaction score
George Harrison
Cher
Bette Midler
Mel Blanc
Johnny Carson
Jane Fonda
James Garner
Betty White
Harrison Ford
Lucille Ball
Bill Cosby
Tom Petty
Micheal J.Fox
Sissy Spacek
Ann Margret
Roy Orbison
Charles Grodin
Leonard Nimoy
Englebert Humperdink & Dolly Parton
Ann-Margaret would have been phenomonal!

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
What about the lady in the all of the family. But i forgot her name who played Edith.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Jean Stapleton. I think she was already a guest star, though.