The Muppet Show on BBC1 in the 80's?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Wow, That brings back memories. I remember watching the re runs on the BBC but I had no idea how many they shown or what order etc.

I cannot remember watching Sesame Street on ITV, as far back as I remember it was on at 12 noon on Channel 4 Mon -Fri!

I also got a friend to tape The Muppet Show for me when It was on Nickelodeon, as I didnt have Sky, The first ep she taped for me was the Vincent Price episode. I was SO excited to watch it as it had been nearly 10 years since I had seen an actual episode in full!
Nickelodeon also shown Fraggle Rock and The Jim Henson Hour- The Secret of The Muppets!

I remember watching and videoing Fraggle Rock on cITV, I had a lot of the Last series from the UK on tape but unfortunetley have them no longer. I have a Newspaper clipping from Jim Henson death, that says that the final series of Fraggle Rock will be shown later that year (1990) I didnt realise that Fraggle Rock hadnt all been shown in the UK by then?

The only other UK TV Muppet moment I remember is when The Muppet Go To The Movies aired, I was only about 4 or 5, but I have a photo of me in front the TV with the Muppet special airing!

Of course, later on The Muppets celebrate Jim Henson aired on Boxing Day, and ITV shown The MUPPETS at Walt Disney World.

Chris

johnpeters999

Reaction score
I cannot remember watching Sesame Street on ITV, as far back as I remember it was on at 12 noon on Channel 4 Mon -Fri!
I believe that was towards it run on Channel 4, late 1998/1999

I can remember when Sesame street was on at 12.30 every week day for a full hour :excited: These were the days

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
TMS reruns on BBC1 - actually started on Saturdays after Grandstand but was moved to Wednesdays after a few months between Wogan and Dallas (not that I was obsessed or anything!!)

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
I really think it's criminal it's not been repeated on network tv in the uk since 1987 - kids don't know what they've missed!

johnpeters999

Reaction score
I believe the BBC repeated all the episodes, as there is/was a clip of Star wars special on bbc which was made around 1980?

TMS was as said been on Nick tv broadcast all the epsoides a few years back, I'm surprised on of the better Pay channel have not broadcast it.

BETTER Question should be why hasn't ATV ( British company) Juile on Sesame street special never been repeated?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Quote. I cannot remember watching Sesame Street on ITV, as far back as I remember it was on at 12 noon on Channel 4 Mon -Fri!

I used to watch sesame street on my lunch break while at secondary school. It was definitely on channel 4 then at 12.30-1.30 weekdays. I left secondary school in 1993!

Chris