The Missing Link Hogthrob

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Plus, Piggy would actually be disgusted with the thought of being in a relationship with Link. Link disgusts her. She's ehhh with Strangepork, yet seems to respect him on a scientific level sometimes...

Somehow, Link couldn't be in a committed relationship. That would require him to share love between someone other than himself. I could see him with Spamela Hamderson, though. Really seems like Link could have been in Bay of Pigs watch had he been recast by then.
Exactly.

Heh. I once had a crush on David Hoggselhoff, but his David-esque parody was really unsucessful. As a Link Hogthrob fangirl, I'd be more than happy to ship him with Spamela Hamderson.

In my justice-- too bad Link can't actually to be in a committed relationship (it probably won't happen in the Muppet canon, unless he's with Piggy... not!)-- he's a lunkish, chaunvinistic pig who's portrayed as a stereotypical leading man with a cleft butt-chin, and a huge ego who believes in masochism. He can easily digust any girl, even if the female companion is devoted to him.

I currently have an OC/Mary Sue fan-created character shipped with Link, and it's a complicated task. Even though I find any relationship with Link cute, he cannot committ an undying love to the female companion. Link takes his hand before the female companion; he plays it One Way.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think I like the fact of Link being kind of clueless when it comes to women. I was watching season three of TMS and the musical number "Last Dance" with the lady I can't rembere her name right off, but Link was funny when he had no idea what was going on.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I think I like the fact of Link being kind of clueless when it comes to women. I was watching season three of TMS and the musical number "Last Dance" with the lady I can't rembere her name right off, but Link was funny when he had no idea what was going on.
That was a cute closing number. The lady Link danced with would be Muppet Show guest star, Lesley Ann Warren.

Link looked beast in a leisure shirt, and an ascot. Teehee. :halo:

Here's the cute couple... *mouth-to-snout nudge, nudge*

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Nah. A frog and a pig in committed love is no myth. Kermit and Piggy are an item. They're not the most sophisticated creatures, but they share more than what they intimately feel; Kermit may pry, and elude from Piggy's mischief every now and then, and Miss Piggy can easily fume the heck out of poor Kermit-- but Kermit canonically loves Piggy, and Piggy would sicken Kermit into her undying love she devotes to only her Kermie. Kermit, and Miss Piggy forever. Enough said. No relationship has to be perfect. <3

Haha. Link indeed is hilarious. He's my favorite.

I guess you're right. He loves her, but he doesn't know it yet.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Here are several rare; non-canon moments with Link...

The Muppet Man screenplay by Christopher Weekes. Speaking of Link's relations with other women, it's a mirage when it comes to Link's powerful role as Miss Piggy's beau/husband (thus, he played Wonder Pig's husband, and the King in Muppet Snow White...) TMMan gave Link a more abyss role as Piggy's hubby than ever in his ideal canon. Literally. It is all like chalk, and cheese.

http://coleakins.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/muppet-man-the.pdf

EDIT: The link isn't working anymore. Sorry. ><
~~

Now for a little treat...

What My Father Taught Me

Words of wisdom... from Link's own Daddy Hogthrob.

Credit goes to Jim Henson, Walt Disney, Christopher Weekes, and Bitstrips.com
~~

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was just reading a review of the new movie's soundtrack and it looks to me like Link is going to have his biggest role in any Muppet movie. To top it off he is singing! when is the last time we heard Link sing?

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I was just reading a review of the new movie's soundtrack and it looks to me like Link is going to have his biggest role in any Muppet movie. To top it off he is singing! when is the last time we heard Link sing?
Like, nearly 30 years ago! =O

Besides taking the role as 'gong' banger in MTI, this is going to be his biggest role yet!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
which is real suprising to me seeing how much screen time he got on TMS I would love to see them do some new pigs in space videos it would be great for Muppets .com

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
Link always cracked me up! I had read somewhere that Jim used to use that voice on his kids to sound more "fatherly" to get them to do their chores and homework. I would have loved to have heard that.