"The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sigh... only 5 more months until cheap one disk 15 dollar disks of 3 episodes come out and I can get to see it. Wish CN would put stuff on hulu like everyone else does.

Yeah, it sounds like a real weird show, and I can't see it so I can't judge... but anything... and I mean ANYTHING has to be better than a cliche ridden bad action cartoon. Still, I think Duck Dodgers was brilliant and a shame that it's not coming to DVD any time soon.

I DID find the gwilled cheese song though. Yep... definately disappointed I don't have cable now.

And if nothing else, at LEAST we got a new CN show that ISN'T a live action reality whatever that NO ONE actually watches, right?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Sigh... only 5 more months until cheap one disk 15 dollar disks of 3 episodes come out and I can get to see it. Wish CN would put stuff on hulu like everyone else does.
Beats paying $15 for a bad 30-minute compilation special with no bonus features besides a puzzle. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess... still, I'm not exactly pleased with how they release these things on DVD. It would be great if they put this up on hulu, though... CN's own player kind of sucks. Took me almost an hour to watch a 15 minute Billy and Mandy once, and I got a good connection.

Yorick

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to see the new show yet, but I do really love the fact that Cartoon Network has been running the classic Looney Tunes cartoons again to help promote it. It's great to see that on Cartoon Network again! Finally, some good cartoons.:smile:
(Okay- to be fair, there are some other good cartoons on there I like too- but these are just classic and I haven't seen them in a long while...)
Right on! I missed them. They should always be on, period. As should classic Disney cartoons. And the Mr. T cartoon (because Mr. T is the coolest)!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Drtooth... If you liked the Gwilled Cheese song bit, there's another one CN aired this morning titled I'm A Maaartian! that I have no clue what it was parodying.
And yes, I caught the show's premiere last night after the new Mystery Inc. episode. All I will say about that is thank goodness it wasn't such an indefensible move as I originally thought with the big bad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Right on! I missed them. They should always be on, period. As should classic Disney cartoons. And the Mr. T cartoon (because Mr. T is the coolest)!
Mr. T cartoon's gonna be released via MOD on WB's website... just thought you'd like to know.

Now, I have to get back on this soapbox and say it again... as a young child I was spoiled by syndicated packages of classic cartoons. Sure, I like Transformers and stuff... but the classic cartoon packages (everything from Popeye to Terrytoons) were the things I looked most forward to watching every day. I really wish there was some deal made for WB to loan out classic Looney Tunes for some sort of syndicated package (how much could old reruns that are already edited to death for children cost?)... at least then kids would get exposure.

And yes, I caught the show's premiere last night after the new Mystery Inc. episode. All I will say about that is thank goodness it wasn't such an indefensible move as I originally thought with the big bad.
So, Mystery Inc's back in production? I thought there was a very unpleasant thing about the producers of the show butting heads with the buttheads at the network! Sigh... ANOTHER show I have to wait for on DVD... I really hope they do season sets of it. It blew my mind when I watched that first episode.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... Mystery Inc.'s back, they're calling it Season 2, but it's really the second thirteen episodes promised under the original twenty-six episode premise that tied in to the videogameish website. The premiere/Episode 14 was the Mystery Solvers Club State Finals that turned into a bit of a nightmare for Scooby and his new friends.
And actually, the first thirteen episodes were released on DVD earlier this year, so I'd say you've got some hunting down to do.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No... that one was like, 4 episodes on a single disk with a second 4 episodes coming out some other time. I know they made Batman Brave and the Bold volumes before they started with half seasons, it just took a while for it to come out. I have the first half season, and I was SUPPOSED to get the second half for my Birthday, but didn't. Really... 13 episodes for 15 is more cost effective than 4 for 10.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... It's the Ben-Ten and Backugon approach being used on a blanket-wide scale when it's not rully necessary in other cases like this. Didn't know it was just four episodes that were released... That's kind of why I would simply ignore the market releases and try to make a tape-trading deal with someone else who can get me the whole season or half-season in one shot like I do here with Muppet stuff.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Scooby-Doo is pretty much one of the main cash cows WB has, right along side Batman... so I really think they will release season/half season sets in the future, it's just a waiting game.

Thus far, the only Scooby shows they didn't release in seasons were Laff-a-lympics (don't see why, though... they only had about 13 episodes, and it's not like something little kids would want to see, as it has a LOT of 1970's characters in it) and Scooby and Shaggy get a Clue... and I completely see why they wouldn't. Though, Get a Clue has been a bonus feature on a LOT of other Scooby sets (like 13 Ghosts and the second season of Pup Named).

EDIT: Check on hulu... for ABSOLUTELY everything, no matter how old the shows are, they only have "excerpts". Way to fight piracy, CN!