The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Well, heard more than saw. Today, I went into the local art shop to buy some black ink. They had plenty of ink on the shelves but none of them were black. When the assistant asked me if I was looking for something and I told her, the shopkeeper then produced some from behind the counter. They claimed that tattoo artists had been stealing them. o__O

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Last night I had this dream that Mike Trainor and I were buds, which kind of makes sense, since we're both a couple of fat dudes and all, I just don't project the big eater stereotype like he does. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It feels incredibly weird and surreal to think that so many different people I knew, grew up with, went to school or church with, are actually married now... maybe it's just me, but doesn't early 20s seem a little early/young to be getting married? Then again, I know in these parts, it wasn't uncommon for high school gets to run off and elope back in the old days (like the 1950s)...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I know the feeling, someone I know who's only three years older than me just announced that him and his girlfriend are having their second child. When you add that to the fact that his girlfriend, who is 22, had two children from a previous relationship, they have FOUR kids total. Four kids at 22 and 25!

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, a friend told me that his sister, who is roughly 20-22, is getting married next year.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I had downloaded a trial version of Adobe Premiere, just to see what it was like.

I have never been more confused by a video editing program before in my life.
I used to use Prmiere a lot! Adobe products are always very complicated and confusing. I'm currently using Adobe After Effects. Probably the best effect-making program out there. A lot of the big Hollywood Studios use it. It's extremely complicated! Once you get the hang of it, you can make some really cool stuff!

I've used Pinnacle before. It's fairly straightforward, but it crashes a lot
I've used Pinnacle before..although I found it too much like Windows Movie Maker. I don't like all those built-in effect programs..with AE, you gotta build your own out of some stuff they provide you with. Download a free trial, and start watching beginner tutorials from Videocopilot.net. The most straightforward and clear AE tutorials you'll find.

AE is not a video making program though..it's just to make the actual effects for certain scenes, but not an entire video at one time. I use Sony Vegas for that.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Pinnacle is a professional editing software. I mean, its not like cinema quality, but its meant for people who are serious about movie editing but don't have the funds for some more expensive software. Pinnacle's interface might be like movie maker, but it is much more advanced with a truckload of more features.

I kinda wish I was allowed to play with it more though. My media teacher didn't let us adjust any settings or use any effects except the chroma key, which looked crappy because she wouldn't let us fine tune it :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Adobe products are always very complicated and confusing.
I'd say that Fireworks is a far more user-friendly and easy to comprehend version of Photoshop, but then again, Fireworks used to be a Macromedia product, and Adobe eventually bought out Macromedia... Fireworks today still looks and works exactly the same now as it did back when it was a Marcomedia product, it's what I use for all my graphic design and image editing.
Pinnacle is a professional editing software. I mean, its not like cinema quality, but its meant for people who are serious about movie editing but don't have the funds for some more expensive software. Pinnacle's interface might be like movie maker, but it is much more advanced with a truckload of more features.
I ought to look into it then, I've pretty much gotten to know the ins and outs of Movie Maker, but even its most recent versions (which I don't particularly care for, which is why I downloaded the Vista version for my computer in conjunction with the 7 version) have a lot of limitations. My biggest beef with Movie Maker is you only get one audio track to work with, so I often times find myself doing a LOT of mixing otherwise like in Audacity or keep publishing test files of the project to add additional audio to it before I add THAT file to the audio track, then publish the actual file itself.

I haven't used iMovie in a long time, but I know the editing equipment down at the television studios use it as one of their editing programs, so I may need to familiarize myself with it again; one of my buddies keeps recommending it to me, because it uses it a lot to re-edit old Pink Panther cartoons that have had the laugh track removed, so he can re-add the laughs to them, and laugh tracks usually have mulitple layers of audio to make the audience reactions sounds more natural and realistic... just listen to some of those Steve D'Monster episodes from Season Five and Six, then compare them to Season Seven, you can hear quite a difference.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently, someone, in 1951, had a color video camera, snuck into the filming of I LOVE LUCY, recorded some footage of them filming, and posted it on YouTube.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
A sign in school that said:

If anyone finds a giant octopus, please contact Mitchell {My Last Name Here} immediately.

People were coming to me telling me they found an octopus, and I had no idea what they were talking about. :laugh: