1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by D'Snowth, Apr 23, 2008.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Okay, so there's this person who keeps calling me on a nightly basis... he/she obviously has the wrong number, but doesn't realize because he/she keeps calling me every night.

This been going on for a week now, though prior to this, it's been like a once-in-a-blue-moon thing (this is my cellphone we're talking about); I never answer these calls, because I only accept calls from people I know (and I hate talking on the phone anyway), but tonight was the final straw, so I finally answered, and promptly told this person "Look, I don't care who you're calling, no matter who you're calling you still got the wrong number because I don't even have a phone!" And I abrupted hung up.

Stupid I know, but now I can't stop laughing because of how stupid and mundane the whole thing was, but I HOPE this'll be the last "obscene" phone call I get for quite some time.:halo:
    ShanaynayXD and MuppetLuver2000 like this.
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Lets hope so. You don't have a phone while talking on one?:confused:
  3. D'Snowth

Lol, and I better that person on the other end was probably thinking "What kind of an a-hole...?"
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

You and me are so different I use to take my phone book and just call random people and ask how there day was.
  5. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Snowth, aren't you ALWAYS doing something stupid? :rolleyes:

;)
  6. D'Snowth

Hmm... now that you mention it... yeah...
  7. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

Ahahah! I win. :crazy:

No. No, I don't. You see, when someone makes fun of someone else, the fact of the matter is, the mocker loses. :o

Oh, great, now I'm down in the dumps again.
    *mumbles off elsewhere*

:( ;-)
    miss kermie likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

Gimme a call sometime, and I'll hang up on you!;)
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*enters in Madonna costume and wig* I'm hung up on yoooooou, Time goes by (by) so slowly...

Bea:zany:{Excluse me now...}regard
  10. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

I did something stupid today...I got out of bed!

:sleep:
    :boo:

Yeah, yeah, I know...I don't have good material on my side, what can I say?
    ShanaynayXD and miss kermie like this.
  11. D'Snowth

Dang, that person called me TWICE while I was out this evening! Man...
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Are you sure it's not your provider or some telemarketer? That happens sometimes. If this is some wrong number person it's best just to tell them that they have the incorrect number and they need to solve that issue on their own because you don't know who they heck they are or who the heck they're calling. I also think there's a way to block a harassing caller. You could also try to sell them something like a Flowbee! They'd never call back then. :p
  13. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

I did something silly myself!
    Today, I crashed into a wall.
    I was reviewing my notes from class...xP
    then I looked up...and BANG!

I fell on a random student, causing a domino-reaction.
    One kid after another.

*Red in the face*

Outta nowhere, I screamed...

"HOTDOOOGGG!" O_O
  14. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

And did you ask for cheese, onion and mustard on your hotdog Claudia? ;)
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Oh my GOSH. Speaking of phone stuff, I constantly get calls from this poor confused greek lady who thinks I'm the cable company. She calls me and proceeds to tell me, very rapidly with a very thick accent, how she is not getting the greek channels that she is paying for and how can this happen and can I give her the greek channels now. I don't even know how this happened, because I looked up the cable company's phone number and it's not even close to mine! It happens every couple weeks; I once went away for an entire week and there were 12 messages on my answering machine; 6 were her yelling at me for not picking up, and the other 6 were hangups (but probably her).

Every time she calls, I tell her very patiently that she has the wrong number and this is not a cable company. For some reason she ignores this and continues, insisting that I follow her (very angry and barely comprehensible)demands right now! The last time she called I told her never to call me again; I am a very patient person but honestly! She hasn't called back in a few months, thankfully. I wonder if she ever got ahold of the cable company...?
  16. D'Snowth

You don't suppose she's the one who keeps calling me, do you?;)
  17. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Forgive me, but that's funny!:D

Well, it goes both ways don't it?:p

Gyaaaaaaaa! That just creepy!:eek:
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  18. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I made a joke that my friend looks like Guillermo del Toro (he honestly does!) and I really hurt his feelings......
  19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

(Starts Singing "I Started A Joke" By The BeeGees)

I really get a kick out of giving tel-marketers a really hard time. I know it's wrong and therejob is hard, but to me it is fun. There was this one guy who wanted to install new windows into my house. He started asking questions about my home, and I made out like I had 8 kids and was living in a carbord box outside of Walfel House. I told him to let the installer know to be sure and bring his box cutter. After the phone call I could tell that the guy on the other end was lauging and telling his friends about it as well. So sometimes it really makes someones day, and sometimes not.
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  20. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

LOL! Yes, Marty!
    xP They put too much of it. D:
    My hotdog got soggy. XP