The grand MC exodus begins...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I didn't have time to read this entire thread, but I find the whole thing rather mystifying. I don't know of any grand "exodus" either, other than a few people who have left in a snit, and there's not much you can do about them. I don't post on here much lately myself, but that's because I'm feverishly trying to get ready for a move to LA. (I leave this Saturday!!) MC has over a thousand people on it, so I don't know how we can talk about dwindling numbers. This is probably more people than this site has ever had. People just get busy sometimes, that's all.

I had more to say, but then I thought better of it. I just hope everyone relaxes and enjoys the holiday.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Well, the thing about the 1000 members is that you don't actually take your membership when you leave. It's still there and counted in the number. So I'm pretty sure the membership number will only go up unless there's some type of filtering system that closes unused memberships after a certain length of time.

Luke

Reaction score
To be honest about it - 1000 is not an accurate interpretation of members, just "sign up's", and i'm not dissing anything here. You can pretty much guarantee that around 300+ of that 1000 are people who have come here a few times and never returned, or people that may well have more than one account. It balances out when you look at how many guests visit the site and stay as guests without registering. They read the site just like anybody else and at times there are more guests active than members so you could be looking at a few hundred regular guests there if not more. At the old forum i think there were at least five thousand people who had passed through the site at one time or another and were technically 'members'.

The true indication is in the numbers of mega-active users who form the foundations of the forum and have become 'regulars'. I'm guessing there have been a hundred or so at most times. It's these numbers which have been down a fair bit recently with people who don't wish to be a member anymore leaving the site, people who are busy, and also fans who came here just for the action figures or fraggles may well spend more of their time at the more specialized forums that have opened and turned into an occasional poster here. So it's kinda more realistic to measure activity rather than numbers.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey Luke,

I just wanted to congratulate you on you 2000 posts--and they're not all "yeah!" either....you usually have something to say. Usually rocking the boat. Nothin but love, Luke, nothin but love.

Quinnnnnnnnnnn

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks Quinn. I knew it was coming up but hadn't realised it had ticked over the second century mark ! Jeez - this all goes to prove that i'm incredibly opinionated and find it hard to shut up ... but then i guess you all knew that anyway ! :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Thanks Quinn. I knew it was coming up but hadn't realised it had ticked over the second century mark ! Jeez - this all goes to prove that i'm incredibly opinionated and find it hard to shut up ... but then i guess you all knew that anyway ! :big_grin:
We did We did. I just surprised your status didn't change to Senior Windbag or something. Oh well. On to post 10,000! (which should certainly come with a status change. Maybe something like people with way too much time on their hands at work)

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
??

Question-

Its a message board, right? Not a cult. People can come and go as they want and there's no need to go all "Kermit's Creek." I'm sorry, I know I'm new, but aren't we here to just chat about Muppets once in a while? I just keep seeing all these long posts of people doing these huge complaints/I'm leaving/where is everyone posts.

I just can't think of any reason someone would post a huge goodbye tirade unless they just wanted attention.

Not that I don't enjoy attention! Embrace your inner Miss P! ;-)

Anyone fill me in on the back drama of those?

PS: I know I will dissappear from time to time, but I shall always return. ;-)

Thought of the day:
"You can't even sing! You're voice was dubbed!"

Ah how droll when the Muppets go Brechtian...;-)

Luke

Reaction score
I think most people had good reasons, yet you ask about the background though you've already judged them ... weird !

Things definitely have slowed down here lately and lost the shine a bit, although thankfully 'Ask Ken' recieved a worthy substitute with 'Ask Billy The Psychic Rubber Chicken'. Maybe a spot of cage dancing would liven things up ? :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Maybe a spot of cage dancing would liven things up ? :big_grin:
I'm up for cage dancing. Any other takers? I know Jamie will. Thats big in San Fran don't you know.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I know Jamie will. Thats big in San Fran don't you know.
Wasn't part of San Fran going to change it's name to 'Got Milk?' - now if that isn't a groovy place to live, nowhere is ! Personally i'd like to change my towns name to 'Belly Button Fluff' - then tourists would stop me and ask directions to the belly button fluff !