The first ever MopFam Fic: Mother's story!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Hearing Bo's comments... Now what's that saying about glass houses and stones? Oh never mind... Yes, and I have something planned... Let's see how soon I can write and post it.

But enough muffining... Christy! We need more story, PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE!!

christyb

Reaction score
Patience my friends. With ever climbing gas prices I can only make it on the days that I work. Also there's more good news. In my absence I finally finished editing! (Ya'll were kinda catching up to me.) Took me forever to be happy with the ending. Oh yeah and Beau I read the next ficcy. I'm sending it back with suggestions like I promised. I'm not talking to you though until you give me that dang last chapter. You know how hard it is for me to be on. There's no way I'll be able to catch it. Anyways, here's the next chapter....

christyb

Reaction score

Chapter Six

The wind was on their side pushing them swiftly onward. Her crew’s morale was high, and the jovial set laughed and worked. It had taken her this long to bring about a group of men that she trusted. There was no chances taken this time around. No one who was the least bit shaky in their loyalty didn’t last long. Her husband Ron had been too easy, and had paid dearly for it. Some called her heartless, but all she did was necessary to survive. Besides having a heart meant it would get broken, and that was an experience she never wanted to repeat.

Strolling about the deck she watched her little boy play around with his sword and listen intently upon a sailor’s instructions. It never ceased to amaze her at the dexterity of those chubby little hands. However, she shouldn’t be too surprised. It was the only “special” quality he had inherited from his magical parents. Never mind the fact that Ron had been excommunicated long before the boy was born. Other than that the boy was a happy normal three year old.

A chuckle made her turn to see her most trusted friend and first mate. She smiled at Mac as they both watched the young one fool around with the pint sized blade. No words were needed for the moment although she knew Mac was as curious as could be at what happened to her last night. She felt different yes. That was a natural effect of drinking the awful stuff. However she just shrugged it off as being back at sea. The sea was her home. It pained her inside to know she planned to turn her back on it forever.

With a nod to the sailor she turned to Mac and motioned for him to join her in her cabin. Once inside she motioned for him to take a seat. Upon watching the awkward old cook plop down upon her desk made her want to laugh. “Yer a-wonderin’ about last night ain’t ya?”

Shuffling his weight Mac eyed her suspiciously as to try and find some kind of hidden flaw in her. “Bah, you’re just different this mornin’. A lot like that girl I knew when you first boarded the Christy. I think it‘s yer eyes. The sparkle‘s back in those things. Yep, that‘s it they‘re sparklin‘ like the ocean that matches ‘em.”

Laughing she leaned against a wall in her infamous stance. She looked more like she was about to torture a prisoner than a talk with the first mate. Her lips were spread in a cocky half smile. She stood with her hips against the wall and her right foot pressed against the same. She cocked her head to one side and looked at Mac as if he had gone mad, “Hmmm….well it’s good stuff. I gots an extra bottle if’n ya want to try some.”

Mac made a face of shock and horror, “I’ll leave that mess to you. None o’ that hocus pocus nonsense for me. Ya think it’ll really work?”

“I’m a Cole ain’t I? I helped come up with the stuff. Darn tootin’ it works. We gots more important things to talk about than how I feel or look.”

“Well ya look like a pirate with the Cap’ns old shirt and trousers on. Not to mention that red bandana thet covers yer head, yer short hair, and gold hoops. Bein‘ the cap‘n now ya could at least dress like one.”

Nicky gave him a glare and crossed over to pull out a map. “Are ya done foolin’ around? Or should I get me a new first mate?”

“Go ahead it’ll give me an excuse to get back to the galley where I belong.” Mac retorted with a humph and turned to look at the map.

Nicky sprawled a map of the northern Atlantic on her desk. She took a moment to mark their new position and where she believed the fleet they were after was. “Seems to me we’ll catch up to them either tomorrow night or the next morning. Scuttlebutt is that my crew is itching for some action.”

“How in blazes do you know that?” Mac roared and pounded the desk.

“Calm down ol’ man. I got ears. They just ain’t used to me holdin’ out like this. We’ve let three ships bypass us without nary the thought of going aboard and askin’ for provisions.” she stated and began to roll up the map. After placing it back in the cabinet she started to say something else when a knock at the door interrupted, “Come in.”

“Excuse me Cap’n but there’s a ship not too far off our starboard side that you might want to have a look at.” a young sailor stood at attention.

“Very well, Ben. This had better be good,” she said exited the cabin. Outside the doorway she took the glass the helmsman had in one hand. “ Thank you, Shorty. Tell the crew to drop anchor until further notice.” The helmsman scampered off to relay the order. “Now let’s see what all the fuss is about.” Nicky muttered as she turned the glass towards the other ship. “Well I’ll be. This be my lucky day,” she said with a smile reaching across her face. She handed the telescope to Mac and placed her hands behind her back.

The ship was none other than the Christy. The same ship that was stolen from her so long ago. At the helm was none other than Hevej dressed in traditional captain’s garb. For a moment she wondered what had happened to Moppet. Last she heard he still captained the ship. Not that it mattered. She had already planned to give the order to board the ship and take whatever was valuable.

Mac lowered the glass and turned to her, “Well I’ll be. Looks like Hevej all puffed up. He must’ve just had one big rake in. Also it looks a little bare on deck. Either his crew is sleepin‘ or he ain‘t got much of a crew.”

“Exactly what I’m thinking. It‘ll be like taking candy from a baby. Mac, you‘ll head this one while I wait below with the kid. Tell the men to go have fun and take whatever they feel will be useful. Also, tell them to leave a skeleton of a crew on board the ship and bring Hevej to me. Once Hevej is on board I‘ll get us out of here so the survivors won‘t spoil my fun. Now that‘s all.” She stated calmly and evenly as she made her way to pick up her son. Mac yelled out the orders, and just before she went below a cheer raised up. She bowed gracefully, winked at her crew, and acted as if she’d tipped her hat to them. The crew laughed and set to work.

Afterwords, a mysterious fog had settled in and the pirate ship had disappeared leaving the Christy without it’s treasure and it’s captain. She opened the door of her cabin dodged. Vic dashed and let out a yell out happy to be free. She took her time nodding her pleasure to her expectant crew as they showed her what they had taken, “Good, very good boys. We can certainly use the provisions. I certainly hoped you left a little for the others.”

“Gold or food?” Ben called out sending a trail of guffaws after the question.

“Aye, I shoulda been more specific there. We’ll divvy up the treasure later. Now where’s the amusement I asked you fellas to pick up for me?” she laughed with the others and said. Hevej stood tied to the mainsail’s mast. She eyed him from head to toe as a lion looks at its kill. This made him squirm and her laugh some more. “Never expected for me to find ya did ya Hevej? You see you and I have some unfinished business. You did me wrong and it’s time for you to pay your debt.”

With a flash she took out her sword and cut the ropes. Hevej fell to the deck on his hands and breathed hard. In shock he stood and saw her standing there challenging him. For a moment his heart quaked. It was the fear that this demon was famous for. The fear that fed her lust for battle and the sea. Without even an effort she grabbed him by the collar and pulled him to the feet none too softly. “What the?? What are you gonna do to me you devil?”

“Fight you, and give you a way to remember what you did for the rest of your days. The world will look at you and know never to repeat your mistake. No I’m not gonna kill you. That’d be the easy way out for you. Give the man a sword!” Nicky said with a impish smile on her lips. She raised her sword and waited for him to take the sword that was offered, “You see Hevej. I don’t take kindly to cowardly plans. I don’t take kindly to hurting innocent people, and I certainly don’t take kindly to you hurting my family. My friend, you did all three.”

“Oh crud, I’m in trouble,” Hevej attempted to steady his sword as he muttered. There was no way he’d let this woman see he was afraid. However, his instincts told him she knew, and in some twisted way she enjoyed the fact that he was.

“Yes, you are in trouble. Now are ya ready?” She took a battle stance as her crew backed up into a circle. Vic dashed across the way and jumped onto Mac’s shoulders to get a better view. Everyone was primed and pumped. This was a pirate’s football game, and they were going to enjoy every minute of it.

Under her breath she counted to ten, this she did to every man she fought. The time was long enough for him to make the first move. It kept their pride up and made the battle interesting. After Hevej came forward with the first move she swiftly brought her sword up to meet his and the battle begun. Around and around they went both battling wits and braun. Her opponent was a clever one but slow. For a few minutes she played around then kneeled toward the deck. Hevej ran forward producing the desired effect. He tumbled upon the deck. Rapidly she rose and spun around. Bringing her sword down upon his foot the man cried out in pain.

Breathing heavily she took out a cloth and cleaned her sword of the blood. “Get up you bilge rat. It’s just messy. Ya didn’t lose nothin’ but a few toes. You’ll walk with a limp, but that’s all. I coulda easily done you in for. Good fight nonetheless.” She placed her sword in its sheath and motioned to a couple sailors nearby. “Lock him up and bandage his foot. Remember, don’t do too good of a job. I want him to walk with a limp and a bad one at that.”

Hevej watched in wonder as the devil he had just battled laughed and hugged her son. There was no way this demon could have a heart. Before he blacked out from blood loss, he saw his captors congratulate their captain. Grateful to be alive, he shuddered at how easily he was brought down. Maybe he wasn’t as good as a seaman as he thought. Then again, who was compared to the demon that had brought him down and sentenced him with a limp.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooooh... Aaaahh...
Thank you Christy, may we have another?
Such a great fight at sea... Sent shivers at one point...
To think, you've got this blaggard of a buccaneer belly-achin' already.

Great stuff, looking forward to the next.
Oh, and if you need it, there's a certain person you can contact to get a bargaining chip against... Well, you know who.

christyb

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Count. I just may do that. That is if gmail will ever work so I can send him what he needs! (Beau, I did read it. Darn server problems.) You like how Hevej is whimpering now?? Mwhahahaha, then you'll love what happens next.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Lisa... You still have that picture you had? You know the 1... The specifically numbered 1? Maybe you could send it to Christy for her to bargain with? Sort of a "give me last chapter or else" type of deal?
And it's going great so far Christy... Don't let him off easy now.

Beauregard

Reaction score
christyb said:
Patience my friends. With ever climbing gas prices I can only make it on the days that I work. Also there's more good news. In my absence I finally finished editing! (Ya'll were kinda catching up to me.) Took me forever to be happy with the ending. Oh yeah and Beau I read the next ficcy. I'm sending it back with suggestions like I promised. I'm not talking to you though until you give me that dang last chapter. You know how hard it is for me to be on. There's no way I'll be able to catch it. Anyways, here's the next chapter....
Hehe!

I'll give it to you..but...

...it's so secret it hasn't been written down yet for fear of it leaking.

christyb

Reaction score
In other words. You're not finished with it. I see how it is. You know that "I'm not telling" gag really doesn't work. :wink: BTW email coming your way on your fic. Thanks for the Steve Piccy in advance. It'll help out with my next story. New chapter tonight guys. For now though I'm off to the world of coffee, sandwiches, and ugh pureed avocado.