The Fate of Muppetvision 3*D

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Muppet vision is not leaving WDW. Its leaving California Adventure only because California Adventure has less room than WDW and they want to make room for other rides and things.

Luke

Reaction score
Perhaps now IS time for MV3D to close - yes it's Jim's work but its been around a long time and things need updating from time to time. Disney has loads of new films and shows that should be represented in their parks.

However, add to that, Disney should be making more Muppet stuff and making rides and attractions based on those new projects - so there's no excuse for a lack of Muppets!

Now lets not get into the fact that Disney Stores in the UK (and i suspect the USA) have ZERO Muppet products whatsoever now. It's like they've been forgotten!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I am all for making new Muppet stuff and attractions, but not at the expense of the old ones. I just feel we can't keep thinking that way, this idea that we need to move on and throw away the past. We'll end up having nothing left to preserve.

And some may disagree, but I feel that even the best of the new projects will not beat the things Jim created.

Yes Disney does have a lot of new films, and that means it's that much harder for the Muppets to get anything. And Disney has been dragging its feet in this area.

Luke

Reaction score
I am all for making new Muppet stuff and attractions, but not at the expense of the old ones. I just feel we can't keep thinking that way, this idea that we need to move on and throw away the past. We'll end up having nothing left to preserve.
I support preserving (Henson Legacy etc) but obviously from Disney's side, the parks are a commercial venture and most kids don't know who the Muppets are. That they need to change!

They oughta develop it into a more expanded, enhanced Muppets stage show (based around a new show or movie) and have a 3d segment using some of MV3D, that'd be interesting. I don't like anything using full body characters though.

I never really knew, but apparently there are still rides going in the world about Gremlins and Bill & Ted so its suprising what they keep active

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I support preserving (Henson Legacy etc) but obviously from Disney's side, the parks are a commercial venture and most kids don't know who the Muppets are. That they need to change!

They oughta develop it into a more expanded, enhanced Muppets stage show (based around a new show or movie) and have a 3d segment using some of MV3D, that'd be interesting. I don't like anything using full body characters though.
Yeah, that is what needs to change, they need to work harder at exposure. I wish they would begin the exposure with the older projects and not just the newer ones, but that's my opinion. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does this mean the Star Wars muppet figures aren't goint to be made as well? It's been a long time since we've had merchandise to be really excited about, save the expensive replicas.

Wonder if this means I'll have to pay an arm and a leg from an e-bay person if I want to get the MV3D PVC set that had Bean bunny in it. All I really wanted was him anyway.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure the Muppet Star Wars action figures will come out. I have already seen the Disney classic characters versions with Don(ald) Solo. Very cute and actually well designed. Hope they don't lose that in mass production. Now, George Lucas' new Star Wars TV show... don't know if that'll last. Interesting, though.

I still don't see Disney changing up the Muppets 3D anytime soon. Sure, things will always be talked about behind closed doors and those topics can easily turn into rumor, but when it comes down to money (Disney is tight-fisted with the cash) it's unlikely they'll close down a successful ride for one that will take years to see an investment return. These things are carefully calculated. :confused: :eek:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I remember reading this elsewhere, unless I'm crazy. I think what's happening is, they're axeing it in California but keeping it at MGM in Florida. I hope so! I saw it in Florida when I went a year ago and it was fabulously crazy.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
It was announced this morning that Disney is pouring $1.1 Billion dollars into remaking California Adventure (Yes, that "billion" with a "b"! More than they spent building the park in the first place.)

Only Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Soarin' Over California are safe. Everything else is fair game for replacement.

My guess, and I know that the other thread was closed for speculation, but this is breaking news, is that this will be the end for Muppetvision.

They have already announced a new "Cars" land and "Toy Story Mania" will replace Paradise Pier.

As much as I hate to say it, Muppetvision is a low occupancy attraction and I think they will use this opportunity to close it.

But, for the time being, at least we'll still have it in Florida.

:stick_out_tongue:
Well, I'm just gonna miss "Maliboomer", "It's tough to be a Bug", and of Course, "Muppet-vision 3-d". I've never been on the Grizzly Rapids thing, though.

P.S. What about the monsters ride?