The Danger and Eggs Appreciation Thread!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Probably the most creative and intriguing animated show in a long time. I LOVE IT! Anyone else seen it yet? I haven't really heard anyone talk about aside from like three websites last year praising it for diversity and, blah, blah, blah. Forget all that, it's funny. I mean, OK, i'll admit, the diversity is part of why I love it. But besides that, it's like, a less dark version of the earlier episodes of Adventure Time:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Just watched the first two 11 min. episodes, and I'm into it. I like how Phillip is a safety nut, but not to the point of being a killjoy, nor is D.D. reckless to the point where she puts her best friend in danger. The two are pretty nuanced characters.

I enjoyed the episode where D.D. thinks Phillip is growing up because he starts (gasp!) enjoying broccoli, and has to take on adult responsibilities. The businessman lunging at the tossed-out broccoli like a wild animal was hilarious. :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Just watched the first two 11 min. episodes, and I'm into it. I like how Phillip is a safety nut, but not to the point of being a killjoy, nor is D.D. reckless to the point where she puts her best friend in danger. The two are pretty nuanced characters.
Yeah, with a show like this you would almost expect the main characters to be really over the top, but they're not. You make a good point about them not stepping on each other due to their personalities. It's subtle, but I like how thoughtful they are to each other's interests and vulnerabilities.

I enjoyed the episode where D.D. thinks Phillip is growing up because he starts (gasp!) enjoying broccoli, and has to take on adult responsibilities. The businessman lunging at the tossed-out broccoli like a wild animal was hilarious. :smile:
Hehe, yeah, that's one of my favorite episodes.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Is this a new series?
It came out last year on Amazon Prime, which explains why only a few people have heard of it. It's certainly a dilema. I'd say it would feel right at home on Nickelodeon, but the problem is, Nick hates cartoons now!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Probably better off putting it on Disney or Cartoon Network.

mr3urious

Reaction score
You know, I thought 2nd episode in which the genderqueer Milo made his proper debut (and yes, I'm using that pronoun rather than the awkward "their" in the show as his VA is a female-to-male transgender, screw your feelings) would be totally obnoxious with him shoving his ideology in everyone's face, such as introducing himself with "Hi, I'm Milo, my pronouns are...", but is treated as a normal person, much like how a gay person should be treated in a show like this.

Also like how Weird Al and Kate Micucci made guest voice appearances, albeit brief ones.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Dang, "The Big Z" was a pretty brutal episode for this kind of show. It's about D.D. wanting to ride a really long zip line in the park and suffering a wheezy, energy-draining asthma attack as they get closer to it, as her inhaler ran empty. It really put both D.D.'s daredevil nature and Phillip's cautiousness to the test.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Dang, "The Big Z" was a pretty brutal episode for this kind of show. It's about D.D. wanting to ride a really long zip line in the park and suffering a wheezy, energy-draining asthma attack as they get closer to it, as her inhaler ran empty. It really put both D.D.'s daredevil nature and Phillip's cautiousness to the test.
Ooh dang. I think I missed that one. Sounds intense.