"The Best of The Muppets from The Muppet Show"

D

Dil

Maybe in the end of The Wishing Song, when Madeline pulls a cloth from Gonzo, more cloth's come out, making one cloth a long and colorful coth.

D

Dil

Anyway, this would be perfect for The Best of The Muppet Show DVD's volume 16-20:

NOTE: The episodes are the same, but I've used some new Muppetisms, except for one, and new Movie Manias. They would dig deep for these Drawings, too. Maybe Time-Life would think of the Did-You-Knows. Uh, OK. Here it is:
Volume 16
*Charles Aznavour, Loretta Switt, Zero Mostel
*Muppets On The Front of the DVD/VHS: Gonzo, Dr. Teeth, Rizzo, Animal
*Muppetism: Rizzo (the rat)
*Movie Mania: Wizard of Oz (a Frank Oz Muppet acts like a Wizard)
*From The Archives: Janice, Floyd

Volume 17
*Candice Bergen, Ethel Merman, Doug Henning
*Muppets On The Front of the DVD/VHS: Fozzie, Kermit, Scooter
*Muppetism: Johnny (the man) & Sal (the ape)
*Movie Mania: Jurrassic Park (a dinosaur tries to park his car)
*From The Archives: Fozzie Bear

Volume 18
*Spike Milligan, Wally Boag, Milton Berle
*Muppets On The Front of the DVD/VHS: Statler, Waldorf
*Muppetism: The Swedish Chef (or The Gibberish Chef)
*Movie Mania: King Kong (a Chinese Royal Gorrilla talks about "Hong Kong")
*From The Archives: Sam the Eagle

Volume 19
*Bernadette Peters, Anne Murray, Alan Arkin
*Muppets On The Front of the DVD/VHS: Robin, Sweetums, Gonzo
*Muppetism: Sweetums (the sweetest creep)
*Movie Mania: Muppet Screen Test - Singin' In The Rain
*From The Archives: Robin the Frog

Volume 20
*Paul Williams, Shirley Bassey, Phyllis George
*Muppets On The Front of the DVD/VHS: Link, Piggy, Dr. Strangepork
*Muppetism: Sam (an American)
*Movie Mania: Star Wars (Beaker interviews a group of stars fighting)
*From The Archives: Scooter

(What do you think, (Disney)? If you don't have the rights about that, OK, here's the plan: You could bring the rights of The Muppets to Time-Life, then Time-Life would be honored to make volume 16-20 of The Best of The Muppet Show, and you would also ask Time-Life to bring you back the rights of the Muppets immediately after the volumes from 16-20 are released all done. After all, it's the 30th Anniversary of The Muppet Show. Would this be a deal?)
Maybe that'll pay Disney's attention.. right?

OK, here's the plan, members. To give Disney more attention about these, maybe you could figure out the best way, okay?

(I want to see the Spike Milligan episode, because some people think that Milligan is the most hillarious Muppet Show guest, ever. And I want to watch that for laughs. If my wishes were released to video and DVD, the first one of these in my quote on my post would be... volume 18.)

Blah Blah Blah...
OK, now you've got the plan?

D

Dil

Remember, The Muppet Show is my favorite Muppet Show.
And... these would be a perfect idea for me about these Time-Life video.

(The rules and ideas are in Post # 62 on this thread.)

D

Dil

Hey, if our plan doesn't work,
then perhaps there's GOTTA be a way to make the perfect Best of The Muppet Show DVD's volume 16-20 list wish granted.

D

Dil

Here's a good one:

"The Best of The Muppet Show: I Love To Laugh!"
featuring:
*Spike Milligan
*Gilda Radner
*Don Knotts
*Milton Berle

BONUS FEATURES:
*Fozzie's Joke Trivia Game
*Guest Star Gallery
*English & French Subtitles
*Animated Menu
*Muppet Morsels

What do you think of that idea?

D

Dil

Here's a good one:

"The Best of The Muppet Show: I Love To Laugh!"
featuring:
*Spike Milligan
*Gilda Radner
*Don Knotts
*Milton Berle

BONUS FEATURES:
*Fozzie's Joke Trivia Game
*Guest Star Gallery
*English & French Subtitles
*Animated Menu
*Muppet Morsels

What do you think of that idea?
And another thing, in this DVD release, the opening scene (Gonzo & The Butterfly) from the Gilda Radner episode would be replaced by S & W (W: Oh, please, don't make us watch it again). If you answered all of the jokes correctly in the Fozzie's Joke Trivia Game, you would be able to watch the Zero Mostel & Marty Feldman episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dil said:
And another thing, in this DVD release, the opening scene (Gonzo & The Butterfly) from the Gilda Radner episode would be replaced by S & W (W: Oh, please, don't make us watch it again). If you answered all of the jokes correctly in the Fozzie's Joke Trivia Game, you would be able to watch the Zero Mostel & Marty Feldman episodes.
Uh, why would you replace one scene from an opening with another scene? Do you hate the episode that originally featured Statler and Waldorf's comment but like everything from the Gilda Radner episode except for Gonzo's opening scene? :eek:

D

Dil

minor muppetz said:
Uh, why would you replace one scene from an opening with another scene? Do you hate the episode that originally featured Statler and Waldorf's comment but like everything from the Gilda Radner episode except for Gonzo's opening scene? :eek:
It's just due that this opening of the Radner ep. did not include the shot of S or W (aside the audience singing 'Why Don't You Get Things Started?").
I might like the episode that originally featured Statler & Waldorf's comment.
I indeed do like the Gilda Radner episode, although the closing number is well... quasi-anoiyment... but kind of silly! the Super Glue, Muppet Labs, etc. etc.

David French

Reaction score
I think a better suggestion would be if Rhino Records were to re-release the original Muppet Show LPs on CD, complete with liner notes and bonus selections.

For example, for The Muppet Show 2 you could include as bonus tracks the songs from The Muppet Show Music Hall EP.