The Animal Show

Xerus

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
It's supposed to be always under construction. That's just the way Joe is! He's awesome.

Did they ever do frogs on The Animal Show? I think there might have been a frog puppet around that they could've used for that. Maybe. :smile:

--Klonoa
Yes, the did an episode about the Kangaroo and the Frog. And another that's similar about the Toad and the Elephant Seal. And they did another frog show about the Owl and the Frog.

teebs

Reaction score
I never saw the show, but I heard that there was an episode that had a segment with Dave Goelz and his family. Does anyone have any more info on this?

teebs

Reaction score
The Storyteller said:
Does it come on TV in the US? What Channel? :concern:
I don't think it airs in the US anymore...:frown:

Xerus

Reaction score
I know Steve Whitmire voices Jake. But doesn't Jake sound almost like Jim Henson though? With that deep fatherly voice of his? I bet Jim would've been proud of that series while watching it from Heaven.

Klonoa

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I know Steve Whitmire voices Jake. But doesn't Jake sound almost like Jim Henson though? With that deep fatherly voice of his? I bet Jim would've been proud of that series while watching it from Heaven.
I thought The Animal Show was great. Very Henson-ey.

--Klonoa

Xerus

Reaction score
Another cool thing about The Animal Show is that around the beginning, they show animals films to classic songs from Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, and Muppet Movies. For example....

The Muppet Movie's "Moving Right Along" to a film about migrating animals.

Fraggle Rock's "Tree of Life", to a film about tree dwelling animals.

Fraggle Rock's "Catch the Tail by the Tiger", to a film about animal's with tails.

Muppet Babies' "Running Out of Time", to a film about endangered species.

And Zoot's and Mahna Mahna's "Sax and Violence" tune to a film about horned animals.

Yep, I'm sure you'd recognize some familiar songs from the past if you've watched this neat series. :smile:

Skekayuk

Reaction score
All three Seasons of The Animal Show were filmed in England. That's why apart from Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire, they generally used their British puppeteers (such as: Louise Gold, Catherine Smee, and, Mike Quinn) on it. It would have made it easier not having to deal with work permits etc.

Xerus

Reaction score
Skekayuk said:
All three Seasons of The Animal Show were filmed in England. That's why apart from Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire, they generally used their British puppeteers (such as: Louise Gold, Catherine Smee, and, Mike Quinn) on it. It would have made it easier not having to deal with work permits etc.
Yep, it was filmed in England. And I heard they used the original writing staff and crew from the Muppet Show to make this series.

Also, just like how the Muppet Show lasted longer in England and some segments had to be cut in the states. The Animal Show was like that too. When it aired on FOX, the habitat time segments were cut. When it reaired on the Animal Planet channel. They included habitat time, but had to cut out either the Yves cooking skits, the Animal Awards, or the second Rhonda Rat interviews.

Xerus

Reaction score
Another thing I like about The Animal Show is how nobody is cruel or mean spirited on that show. When I first watched it, I always thought when these fierce animals like a tiger or lion would appear, they would start attacking everybody. But they're really friendly and well behaved. :smile:

It just shows that certain animals don't chase and eat other animals just to be mean. They only do it for food. In the Cheetah and Gazelle episode, the two guests got along pretty well with each other. Swifty the Cheetah wasn't hungry then so Tommy the Gazelle didn't have to fear him, for now.