The 2nd Annual BT Puppet Building Contest

Show and Tell

Reaction score
I'm amazed that Puppet Planet didn't enter this year. I was very much looking forward to that.:frown: Awesome looking puppets though. I gotta give my vote to DJ Master. I love the teeth on that guy. Although I'd have to say that its a very close race for this one. I thought Otis was pretty cool looking too and very puppetous likeness of GG and even though John Kerry puppet was a great likeness I just cant bring myself to vote for the guy. Naomi was a very original looking puppet. Kinda looks like some kinda anime type character or something. Blue Dog was probably my next favorite. Truely I am in the presence of greatness in the art of puppet building. Dat makes me so happy:cry:

leliebel

Reaction score
Oh... This is so difucult

I had kind of thought that there would be one puppet I would like above the others, but there really isn't.

There are so many unique styles...

I have to think of criteria to make my vote.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Yep, Noticed it aswell. It links to the Otis picture.

Although I think the John Kerry was done great I wouldn't vote for lookalikes. Actually I thought that wasn't allowed? Am I wrong? Anyway I like DJ Master best of all. Love the teeth! hehe :smile:

I was working on making a pirate myself but some things went wrong and it wouldn't work out well enough to use. I made some minor errors in the pattern for the fabric and so I couldn't sow it on the inside anymore. I had to glue it on and it doesn't look good. I guess fabrics are not really my thing :stick_out_tongue: Maybe it's best to just move on to latex as was my initial plan. Although I'll keep trying. Aslong as I can get fabrics for free and foam for cheap I can always make it a hobby. I'm just more interrested in latex.

Perhaps next year I'll have an entry aswell.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
A couple of people mentioned the Timmy link problem, but I can't see it. It works fine on my PC. I went back and checked the HTML and JS code and it seems OK too. A few of the links initially were broken, but fixed. Maybe it's a browser cache problem?

Oh and it's not that look-a-likes were banned, just trademarked/copyrighted characters.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
:mad: :frown: :cry:

I forgot to take photos of the puppet I built before I left out of town for the weekend. I had access to the internet and saw the reminder for the deadline, but didn't have a digital to take photos and was busy in New York with the Shop that is selling my line of puppets. I'm so bummed out that I missed the deadline, I was so looking forward to participating..... but is the voting already done? I'll have to go check it out and still vote on my favorite if the opportunity is still open to do so.

Can't wait to see what everyone submitted!

-Michele

leliebel

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
:mad: :frown: :cry:

I forgot to take photos of the puppet I built before I left out of town for the weekend. I had access to the internet and saw the reminder for the deadline, but didn't have a digital to take photos and was busy in New York with the Shop that is selling my line of puppets. I'm so bummed out that I missed the deadline, I was so looking forward to participating..... but is the voting already done? I'll have to go check it out and still vote on my favorite if the opportunity is still open to do so.

Can't wait to see what everyone submitted!

-Michele

aaah, that's to bad, but you will show your puppet here won't you?