THAT'S how it ends?!?! REALLY?!?!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, it appears the "Last" episode wasn't really the last episode, and the true series finale was hidden away online. Now THAT'S more ATHF's style. A secret ending (and better episode overall) not aired on TV as a screw you to the fans. Ha HA... Brilliant.

In this ending, the characters retcon the last episode (which they're watching) as being immortal. Shake and Meatwad being suckered in with a false religion (written in "the Bibble"), and Carl and Frylock actually turning immortal by using a magic shampoo. And things of course fall apart in typical ATHF fashion leading to

A shoot out featuring several recurring characters getting killed, including the Mooninites, the Plutonians, and Handbanana at the hands of George Lowe. Carl, Frylock, and the actor who played The Highlander survive. But after a bad magic act, Highlander turns into a flock of birds and Fry and Carl are arrested for the multiple murders they posted online to show how immortal they are. There's even a nice callback featuring a bucket of "Chicken Bittles." And it all ends with them sitting around watching this last episode and being disappointed in it.

Much more in style of the show, much more satisfying, and delightfully insane.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I saw the finale once and don't know what to make of it. Even though it sets up the spin-off, it does feel sad that all three room mates are leaving, even if they are for better things. While Teri was moving to Hawaii (I believe), was it said that Janet was moving out of town as well? Seems sad that she and Jack wouldn't still hang out every once in awhile. It's a shame that nobody from past seasons were brought back for the finale (TV Tropes points out in the headscratchers section that it's odd that Janet wouldn't invite Chrissy, Cindy, the Ropers, or even her parents, though I'm not surprised they didn't get Suzanne Sommers back).

I recently saw a few episodes of Three's a Crowd, and I think it's a decent show. Though it seems like it didn't have to be a spin-off from Three's Company (it;s weird for the star of a series to get his own spin-off). I read at TV Tropes that they rarely acknowledged anything from Three's Company, aside from the time Larry made an appearance (aside from his appearance, he pointed out that Jack used to live with two women). John Ritter could have played a character with a different name and it wouldn't have made a big difference.
The sad part was that the producers really did not care, I can see how people hate The How I Met Your Mother or Seinfeld finales, but at least they are memorable, bring back characters, and close stuff up, with Three's Company they did not even try or bother to tell the other cast members about the spinoff which bombed, guess the producers got a taste of their own medicine. They just thought up of a random generic girlfriend to like Jack with really no personality, and suddenly marry her, same with Janet, random guy introduced in the last few episodes, and they suddenly fall in love, really at least develope the characters, give us a season or two to know who they are, not just generic girlfriend and boyfriend. The other characters were given nothing to do. Seriously Larry's story was given no closure, neither was Furley's they just say generic cheesy stuff and leave, it doesn't even last that long, the only payoff was that Furley learned that Jack had a girlfriend finally, thinking it was because of him that it happened. The whole finale took place at one location, extremely cheap. Terri was just randomly shipped off to Hawai which is just random. I get why Chrissy would probably not appear, but how about The Ropers, Cindy, Mr. Angelino, Felipe, not one of those characters were in the finale. They really needed to put more effort in the episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They just thought up of a random generic girlfriend to like Jack with really no personality, and suddenly marry her,
Actually, they didn't get married. Jack wanted to marry her, but she didn't want to get married, because her parents ended up getting divorced (can't remember if there were any other divorces that unfluenced her decision), but wanted to live with Jack, which he settled for.

I'm thinking that Jack was content to just live with his girlfriend, but I have seen one episode where Jack thinks her father wants to get back together with her mother (but he really wants to set her up with somebody to marry her so he can stop paying alimony), and Jack is happy at the thought of them getting back together because he thinks it'll lead to his girlfriend deciding to get married.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Who caught the fall finale of The Last Man on Earth, that was edge of your seat awesome, suspenseful, and even very funny. Too bad we have to wait until March to resolve all those cliffhangers.
I wonder if Mike Miller will safely make it to Earth, and what will happen to the group now that Phil 2 is dead.
Can't wait for the show to return.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fox tries to put too much on Sunday Nights. And the first half hour at 7:30 gets interrupted on the east coast by football, and they try to shove too many mid season replacements into that night. Always have. The series bumping Brooklyn 99 onto a Tuesday slot looks very unimpressive, and Bordertown feels like it should be on FX at best.

I get why they'd have a mid-season break for Last Man to build up tension, though. Just wish Bob's Burgers got promoted to 8:30 instead of that lame sitcom. Considering what happened last time with that other replacement sitcom, I'd say that's the case. BB pretty much has the biggest buzz of the three Fox cartoons lately. Simpsons has been on forever, Family Guy too. What's been said about those shows has been said years ago.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Fox tries to put too much on Sunday Nights. And the first half hour at 7:30 gets interrupted on the east coast by football, and they try to shove too many mid season replacements into that night. Always have. The series bumping Brooklyn 99 onto a Tuesday slot looks very unimpressive, and Bordertown feels like it should be on FX at best.

I get why they'd have a mid-season break for Last Man to build up tension, though. Just wish Bob's Burgers got promoted to 8:30 instead of that lame sitcom. Considering what happened last time with that other replacement sitcom, I'd say that's the case. BB pretty much has the biggest buzz of the three Fox cartoons lately. Simpsons has been on forever, Family Guy too. What's been said about those shows has been said years ago.
Sunday Nights are the only night I really watch FOX, because of Bob's Burgers, Brooklyn Nine Nine, and The Last Man on Earth, I'll catch The Simpsons or Family Guy if I'm bored, but they're obviously not what they've used to be. Kicking out Brooklyn was a dumb move since its one of FOX's highest rated shows, its actually getting higher ratings then Family Guy this season, and ya The Last Man on Earth should have some buffer time. Bob's Burgers is just treated like garbage, it used to be on 8:30pm, then it just jumped all over the place, though I can understand that its probably too low rated to be put in the 8-10 hour, I wonder why. Why does The Simpsons and Family Guy get good ratings with all the hate, yet Bob's Burgers with critical acclaim barely gets by. They should of thrown that Bordertown show that has animation that looks about the equivalent of a coloring book and put Bob's Burgers at 9:30pm until The Last Man on Earth returns, that could improve Bob's Burgers' ratings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I find their treatment of Bob's Burgers almost sabotage quality. Yet, the show could have easily been cancelled after the first year. It's easily the most talked about of the three cartoon shows on Fox, and Tina Belcher became a huge cultural icon as of late. Yet, dopey sitcoms keep getting shoved in the nice 8:30 slot (though I did like Brooklyn 99 and Last Man Standing being on their respective timeslots, so I'm conflicted). Then again, that's what they did to American Dad several years ago. Put on a lousy sitcom that no one really liked (Sons of Tuscon) and then it quietly disappeared mid-season, letting the show come back.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I find their treatment of Bob's Burgers almost sabotage quality. Yet, the show could have easily been cancelled after the first year. It's easily the most talked about of the three cartoon shows on Fox, and Tina Belcher became a huge cultural icon as of late. Yet, dopey sitcoms keep getting shoved in the nice 8:30 slot (though I did like Brooklyn 99 and Last Man Standing being on their respective timeslots, so I'm conflicted). Then again, that's what they did to American Dad several years ago. Put on a lousy sitcom that no one really liked (Sons of Tuscon) and then it quietly disappeared mid-season, letting the show come back.
I feel the live action comedies breathed new life into a block full of old animated shows way past their primes (The Simpsons, Family Guy), and shows no one really liked (The Cleaveland Show). Brooklyn Nine Nine and The Last Man on Earth in my opinion are the best sitcoms on television right now, and they also pair well with the animated comedies with their cartoonish style. I would rather have Brooklyn at 8:30 instead of Bob's, but now that they're breaking up the awesome Sunday comedy block, they should have given Bob's the 8:30pm slot, but I can't see ratings improving that much.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just two years later, and already Jason Segel is apparently planning a reunion special.