"Thank You For Bein' a Friend"---special tribute!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
Q: why did we as kids like the Golden Girls? i loved the show?
Interesting question, Kimp.

In my case, it was a few factors. First of all, my sister and I grew up knowing both our grandmothers and several great aunts and great-great aunts, so we were very familiar with how old women "were". Second of all, the show was just so extremely well-written, directed, and acted that it was pure realistic entertainment (I love that the show and each actress won Emmys :big_grin: ). And third of all, as kids we probably thought it was a hoot seein' old ladies act so silly and, conversely, close-knit and loving. :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Except for Kevin, who didn't comment on the montage! :grouchy:
I'm gonna roll your trees!

I'm on dial-up at home, and my work computer won't open it.

But, that doesn't mean I don't still like ya.

Even if you never call me or answer my calls or write more often.

(I feel like such a step-child sometimes).

BEAR

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Interesting question, Kimp.

In my case, it was a few factors. First of all, my sister and I grew up knowing both our grandmothers and several great aunts and great-great aunts, so we were very familiar with how old women "were". Second of all, the show was just so extremely well-written, directed, and acted that it was pure realistic entertainment (I love that the show and each actress won Emmys :big_grin: ). And third of all, as kids we probably thought it was a hoot seein' old ladies act so silly and, conversely, close-knit and loving. :smile:

I agree with all you have said. I believe a lot of young kids like the show for one or all of these reasons. I did! I watched the show all the time if I could when I was little. Betty White has even said in many interviews that she thinks little kids get a kick out of seeing little Sophia smart mouth the towering Bea Arthur and getting away with it. Plus the character of Rose is so fun and playful, kids identify and are attracted to that. They were funny and silly ladies. That to me is what appeals to kids. Besides that, the writing was brilliant and the actors were amazing. Not many sitcoms had smart writing quite like that.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'm on dial-up at home, and my work computer won't open it.
D'oh! Didn't realize that...sowwy. :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear said:
But, that doesn't mean I don't still like ya.

Even if you never call me or answer my calls or write more often.
Hey! It was one phone message!

Really!

It was!

:halo:

And it's not my fault if you call while I'm at work! And you haven't e-mailed me in YEARS! (okay, weeks, but still)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd rather talk than e-mail. Tell them to give you bankers' hours at your job!!

Or get a cell phone! I could call you ANYTIME then (If you go with Cingular).