Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread

Thijs

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
The Triceritons are in the show (with fugitoid and the Utroms) as we speak!

long story short, while searching for Splinter, the TMNT infiltrait a building that is a front for the Utroms (Brain people in robot suits, similar to Krang, but not megolamaniacal... they just want to leave earth) and they get transported to far off space and get arrested by the Triceriton army trying to rescue Fugitoid.

Leather head will be in the series (much different from in the first one I hope... I can't stand the Gumbo jokes) soon.
So there are more Triceratons? To be honest, I don't know anything about him. Just loved his action figure.

LOL, I liked Leatherhead. What's your fave figure of the old series, Tooth?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Triceritons originally appered in the comics starting with Issue #6. They were also in Issue #7

Out of the old series? Well... I always liked My Frankenmichaelangelo... I don't care how corny it is... plus I loved my Rocksteady... and I'm kicking myself for not buying Verne the Newsguy....

Thijs

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
The Triceritons originally appered in the comics starting with Issue #6. They were also in Issue #7

Out of the old series? Well... I always liked My Frankenmichaelangelo... I don't care how corny it is... plus I loved my Rocksteady... and I'm kicking myself for not buying Verne the Newsguy....
Those cartoon action figures. I loved them, but they were never released in The Netherlands

Drtooth

Reaction score
Apparently, there was to be yet ANOTHER series, this time CGI...

Including the one that actually airs, the proposed WB show, and the CGi series, they REALLY were itchin' to get Casey Jones and the Triceritons involved in the series (and who could blaime them..

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/cgipilot.htm

Anyway, If they continue to make episodes from comics, I would love to see this...

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/30/30.htm

I really think that Hildiguard Rail needs to be animated...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Huge Update!!!

For fans of the classic series, here's a new rumor...

ninjaturtles.com said:
Matt R. sent in this response that he got from Artisan Home Entertainment regarding his inquiry about DVD releases of the orignal TMNT cartoon:

"Thank you for your letter expressing interest in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You will be happy to know that we are planning to release the original episodes on DVD in April 2004. Thank you again for your interest in Artisan Home Entertainment."
hopefully they will all be first season... :big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
the first season only had those 5 episodes, although they seem like they're better than a lot of the others.

ryan

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a bit of speculation of whether it will be one DVD of those 5 episodes, or a boxed set of those five plus season 1.5 (as I call it).

It's basically just rumors ville now, and it appears to be true... hopefully...

Until then, they are now putting 4 episodes per DVD on the new series DVD's. "The Shredder Strikes Back" features "The King" (based on Donetello's solo comic book) with an all new alternate ending, both parts 1+2 of "The Shredder Strikes Back" and Tales of Leo!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
There are rumors that Playmates will release a series of figures based on the Mirage comics.

The key word is rumor.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... a lot of characters from the new show are from the comics (Utroms, Triceritons, the Fugitoid...etc.) but I would love to see them make figures for The Justice Force (Which will also be an episode)