Swamp Call

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh my god, Lisa. I've just sat down and from about 7:30 am till 10:50am my local EST time, I've read the fanfiction and all comments. All I have to say is...

WOW!! :zany: WOOOAOOOWWW! That's an awesome story!! Kermit's Mom...and his Dad....I could really see just how old he is, and his weariness and worriedness about his wife, I loved it! And Dr. Henson...caring for the past ten years for Mrs. the Frog....wow...oh...my goodness. I cried so many times, then BAM comedy relief comes our way!! Ya never let us down for too long...that just makes me adore you even more then I already do!!!

And Nancy Andrews simply deserved that karate chop too. XD

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Cause of the mischievous gleam in Mags' eyes... Me thinks Fran Brille would best suit her voicewise and in her mannerisms. And what with Jerry already voicing Robin, maybe David Goelz for Jimmy? Theoughts, just a few on casting.
We could still have the tadpole naming scene and Preston swimming around Kermit's hand... Could be some small rubber tadpoles, CGI, or simulated by ripples in the water with each new tadpole...

Looking forward to your next story Lisa.

Aaron

Reaction score
i wish i had the patience to try and catch up and finish reading the story..oy.. i promise i'll finish the next one lisa **hugs**

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yeah, Dave Goelz for Jimmy. I totally saw him for that. Again, I love this story so much!! (((HUGS))) to you and this story!!!!

And thank you for reading the rest of the story to Robin. :wink: You'll see in my next chapter of "Is That A Song There?"

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
I never saw this one before!:excited: It's awesome! (so far) :wink: One question though, why does Maggie always call Kermit Mit?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Same reason he calls her "Mags"... Pet nicknames they call each other, just like real siblings.
Fright Lisa?

Leyla

Reaction score
I don't think I ever did comment on this story... I joined up after it was done, or nearly so. IIIIIIIIIII LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEDDDD IIIITTT!

Ah, that feels better.

I must have reread that scene with Kermit and Piggy in the swamp about a thousand times. Inspired me for sure with writing. It's high quality, through and through. Really delightful. I love Kermit's family... and his clump.

:smile::smile::smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*shifty eyes* Hey all of you people out there who haven't read this yet...DO!! It still remains the pinnacle of MC fan-fic-ness. Enjoy all! :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Agree that this was Lisa's magnum opus. But Flippersteps is her true epic and what will become the greatest literary work of MC.
But it's good to reread old classics, and this is certainly one of them.

16 swampy stories I simply love.

christyb

Reaction score
Lisa! Okay so two months after I said...."Honest I''m working on it!" I just finished!!! To quote someone SQUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Fanfictional Genius said:
“...And Dad helped us make a boat, and we pretended to sail all the way to China! Mac was the captain, and I was the first mate, and then the girls made a boat too, so we turned into pirates...”
Mac! Pirates! It was too cute and I started smiling...maybe I should stop this guy next to me is giving me some weird looks...

Where's my Moe the Dog Plushie and Teddy Bear? said:
She smiled. “Of course, Kermie,” she said. “Isn’t that what love is?”
*holds up cue card* Awwwwwww! *looks at the guy next to me* What you never seen someone with cue cards in their backpack?

Tissues please said:
“Unfortunately, we had already applied the anesthetic to Mrs. the Frog. We’ve counter-acted the harmful effects as best as we can, but... I have to tell you that it is a major possibility that she may not wake up.”
*sniffs* *taps the guy next to me* You wouldn't happen to have some kleenex on you would you? Lisa it got me right *points to my heart* here.

My clump! said:
The old frog put a hand on his son’s shoulder and nodded to the small group. “Your clump?”

Kermit shrugged. “My clump.”

The old frog nodded. “It’s a nice clump,” he said. Kermit put a hand on his back as he turned to go inside.
I love this thought!

Almost done said:
“The operation went very well,” he said softly. “As Nurse Eldridge told you, we were concerned about the anesthetic. But it turned out okay. She’s waking up now. She’s a little groggy, but she’ll be fine.” He nodded. “One visitor at a time for now.”
And hundreds of frogs throw their hands up in the air and cheer! YAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! *stops* oops did I just cheer out loud?

Don't mind if I do... said:
“Have a muffin for the road.”
Well there was this one time when I...oh wait off topic! :halo: