Superman and Batman on Sesame Street?

SesameMike

Reaction score
Superman animation

One animation about the letter "S" featured Superman.

"S is not just for Superman"
(flies off. Words appear above him, some with leading S flashing)

"Words like SOAR. And SKY"

(flies over ocean) "And SEA. And SHIP"

(storm clouds approach) "And STORM"

(ship hits rocks. Did he say "SHOALS"? Ship takes on water) "And SINKING"

(Superman flies down and picks up whole boat) "And SAVE"

(Places ship down on a beach (SHORE?) balanced on the centerboard) "And SAND".

"So, the next time you think of Superman, think of the letter 'S'. It's my favorite..." (flies off)
-----

This is my first post on this forum!

Ziffel

Reaction score
I well remember that Superman cartoon on SS (but not as well as you, Sesame Mike. Good rendition.) I also recall the two batman cartoons. The one that jeffkjoe described above about the Joker not looking both ways before crossing the street. Batman's last line was, "Always cross streets at the corner." The other Batman one I forget the plot of. Batman ends up foiling the villain (maybe it was The Penguin in this one) by wiping some glass with a white rag. The villain says, "Clean and dirty, of course! How stupid of me to forget that!" Then someone says to a smiling Batman, "You certainly are smart, Batman."
I also recall Batman being brought up by off-screen children who were watching one of those drawings (I think it was painting or water colors) being done on the screen. At one point they thought it was supposed to be Batman (and maybe it was) and one kid starts singing the Batman tv show theme and then says, "That's a Batman!". Another kid then says, "That's a bat signal." There was also the lines which may have been from this same one
where a kid thinks the drawing is like a superbird and says, "Superbird! Ew maybe it's Superbird." Then another kid says, "Is it a man bird or a lady bird?"
Along the lines of offscreen kids laughing and narrating things, allow me to also mention an enjoyable one where squares and triangles are laid down to assemble various objects. The kids identify the shapes as they are placed, "Triangle....triangle....square....square..." They got a little silly after a while and started pronouncing square in a funny way. Near the end a flower is assembled and one kid says, "It's a flower. A big bootiful flower." And the other kids giggle.
Finally, there was one that I forgot how it mainly goes but near the end there are little train cars and the kids are really laughing and having a good time and one kid goes, "Woo woo!" and the other goes , "Ding Ding!" I think their hands may have picked up a train car as they made the sound effects or else they were automatically picked up while they did the sound effects.
Okay, that's all. Starting to get off the track from the Batman subject here (Pun was intended! )