Summertime!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yep. September 1. Time to make way for fall. Hallelujiah!

Now if only it FELT like fall outside...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And 'Snowth, where do you live? 4 weeks ago? That must have been one short summer for you!:zany:
Luckily, since I graduated, I don't have to go to school now, but in general, school started four weeks ago. They DID cut summer short by two weeks this year.

Each yeah, school ends around the same time (May 25 or so), but each year, school starts earlier and earlier. Usually, it starts around the middle of August, but now, it's the first FULL week of August or so (so if August 1 were to fall on a Thursday, then school would start on the 5th).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But anyway, I am SO glad summer's practically over... now if only the heat wave and drought wouldn't keep coming back!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I know I'm bumping this, but depending on where you live, school will start and end at different times of the year. I went back Aug. 22

Java

Reaction score
South Carolina actually made a law stating that their students couldn't start before the third Monday in August because the start dates kept getting pushed back further and further making the tourist areas (such as mine) upset that they were loosing money.

It was the first time in forever that my cousins went back to school before my siblings did.