Stupidity Strikes Again (Revisited)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A few months ago it was discovered there were actually peanuts in peanut butter (!), now I find on a bottle of sleeping pills, there's a warning: MAY CAUSE DROWSINESS. Well, call me a goober from Short Hairs, Kentucky who just fell off the back of the proverbial turnip truck, but... ISN'T THAT THE GENERAL IDEA?????!!!!
What ever happened to good ol' common sense?
What ever happened to using good judgment?
How much more do we need to do to protect ourselves... from ourselves?

Send in your answers and enter our free raffle to win a box of used band-aids. (Mint condition)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Er...does it come with the free Junior DNA Sampler Kit and an app linking your iPhone to the FBI database? Y'know...for testing the bandaids...

-------------

mo

Reaction score
I guess there's a lot of mentally challenged people... or my classmates get around alot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the less I think it is about stupidity and the more it is about companies covering their butts from potential frivolous lawsuits. Most of these are actually urban legends, but there are some that actually were pretty serious cases that just looked idiotic.

We can make jokes about the woman who burned herself with coffee, but Cracked pointed it out nicely. We can say coffee is hot all we want, but we never say the temperature, and that makes all the difference. "Warning Coffee Hot" sounds like a stupid disclaimer for a cup of coffee, and it is. A more suitable warning? "Coffee can reach an excess of almost 200 degrees F."

Because of that instance, we have stories (mostly false ones) about get rich quick dips abusing products that don't have a label on them, suing companies, and getting a huge cash settlement for basically doing something stupid on purpose. Though there are legitimate ones where a local business refuses to clear ice from their property and serious injuries ensue (that is far from a frivolous one... that just proves how lazy people are)... but companies have to put Captain Obvious warnings on the labels, not so much because anyone's dumb enough to abuse the product, but because there's always someone who... let me put it this way... only watches the first half of every episode of Honeymooners. Someone dumb enough to abuse it on purpose and get free money out of it.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Watching some late-night flicks on cheapo channels like "THIS" and "METV" show me the seedy side of ambulance chasers right next to spots for the next wonderdrug for weight loss, sex stamina, etc...talk about partnerships waiting to happen!

--------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't Me-TV supposed to be a classic/retro channel? Granted, Comcast doesn't carry it, but I've heard they play shows like M*A*S*H, Hogan's Heroes, Sanford and Son, among others.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Isn't Me-TV supposed to be a classic/retro channel? Granted, Comcast doesn't carry it, but I've heard they play shows like M*A*S*H, Hogan's Heroes, Sanford and Son, among others.
Yes. You'd love it. :news: But at night they've started playing early "Remington Steele". Pierce Brosnan was my first actor crush in that show. Wow, how dated it all looks now! But the stories are still fun.

I don't have cable at all. We pick it up through der ol' antenna.
---------------

Hubert

Reaction score
Yes. You'd love it. :news: But at night they've started playing early "Remington Steele". Pierce Brosnan was my first actor crush in that show. Wow, how dated it all looks now! But the stories are still fun.

I don't have cable at all. We pick it up through der ol' antenna.
---------------
Yes...I'm loving watching Remington Steele right now on ME-TV. That channel is just plain awesome...probably my most watched channel...:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I despise my local MeTV affiliate. They just have to dump a bunch of infomercials as early as 10 PM, so I miss out on Cheers.

Also, I hate how the entire daytime line up is Cowboy shows, and Get Smart is dumped at 1 AM on Saturdays. I can always go out and buy the Get Smart series on DVD (it's probably uncut too), but I hate that they can't find a better place in the schedule for it.

But they air the completely impossible to release on home video series of Batman.