Strange Muppet Radio Occurrence

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Phil... Listening to MC Radio again today.
Thought you'd like to know... The song "The Ballad Of Casey MacPhee" as sung by Cookie Monster and a Balladeer, the Balladeer's name is misspelled as there's only one "e" when there should be two after the "d" in "Ballader".
Hope this helps.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... First off, it was a sheer delight to hear Octopus's Garden, the Sesame version, on MC Radio today. However there was a mistake in terms of the second song that's on that album or part of that release. Both the song title and source where it came from said "Octopus's Garden/Yellow Submarie". Drawing your attention to the second half, as I believe it should be "Yellow Submarine" instead.
Hope this helps and have a good night.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Ed. I've fixed this. It should appear correctly next time either of the songs play.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Hey, Phil. Wasn't sure whether to put this in this thread or in the Feedback thread, but I think this counts as a "strange MC Radio occurance".

I first noticed this last night with one of the Sesame Disco Songs (I think it was something like "Everyone Can Make Music"), and then this morning with "Anthems of Joy" from The Frog Prince. Something is getting messed up in the titles of the songs when they come up in the Live365 players, and random symbols are showing up instead of the names of the songs.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: http://pics.livejournal.com/ladyiapetus/pic/0000sa1b

-Kim

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kim, yes we're aware of this. It's a Live365 issue and sometimes happens when particular tracks are played. Hopefully it will be fixed in the near future.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Just now, this happened...

Ernie, Telly, Oscar, Kermit, The Count, Biff, Guy Smiley, Gladys and Hootsê¿?u00E7»ºë¶’ì?u201A쫀풇��韕셑ç¶?u00E7™²âŸ–㿿샷샿Put Down The Duckie - "wn The Duckie" - Put Down The Duckie

This one is just weird...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the same issue I mentined above. It is on Live365's end of things.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... Was wondering if you could help me with something. There's a song sung by Ernie dressed as a farmer where he asks about how different plants grow, "plants can grow high, plants can grow low; some grow above the ground, and some grow below".
What I'm trying to figure out is what's the song's actual title?
The Sesame Street Lyrics Archive has it listed as "How Things Grow", others here know it as "Plants Can Grow High", and yet it's listed at Muppet Wiki as "Grow High Grow Low".
So... How is it listed here on MC Radio, given that the station has the songs with actual release titles from Sesame Workshop and other direct sources?

Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ed,

The song is listed as "Plants Can Grow High (Plants Can Grow Low)".

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... Thanks for replying. Got a couple of other questions to ask.

Just listened to a song from Song of the Cloud Forest sung by Ralph Robin, with the other animals.
On MC Radio, the song is titled as "You Wouldn't Believe", but when I went to Muppet Wiki to crosscheck, they have it listed as "Munching Forest".
So which of the two is the true title of the song from this Jim Henson Hour special?

Also, there's a song from Muppets Tonight listed as "Whip It".
On MC Radio, the song is attributed to The Amazing Whippersnappers as the singers, but again when I go to Muppet Wiki, these characters are listed/known as The Devo Muppets.
So I ask which of the two names for the musical group is the more accurate?

Genuinely curious/interested to make the appropriate corrections to my own list if needed. Hope everything's OK and have a good day.