Steven King and Bambi

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I was reading Steven King's column in this week's "Enterainment Weekly," and he was talking about the movies that have really stuck with him through the years. I found it rather interesting and heartwarming that the first movie he mentioned was "Bambi":

"50 years later I can still remember the sense of dismay I felt when Bambi's mother was killed, leaving the pore little feller all alone. I was a single-parent child myself, and I spent many long nights after lights-out thinking about Bambi and wondering what would happen to me if something happened to my mother. I still remember the simple power of the film's most potent line: 'Man was in the forest.'"
Erin

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Stephen King & Bambi

Being a King fan,I can see why he was moved by Bambi so much.I love that movie too.Watched it in the theater,too young to remember;rented it,was in shock at the Bambi's mom death scene<sob>.Still love King,watching Kingdom Hospital these days.JaniceFerSure :cool:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I find most of King's novels too grotesque for my taste, but I think he's an extremely good writer and also seems to be a very moral man. I think "Eye of the Dragon" and "The Green Mile" were two of the best books I ever read.
Erin