SS street sign.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I often visit a site about cities and somebody posted these old photos of NYC from the 40s through the 70s and the street signs looked simaller to the SS sign. don't know what that shape is that had the CTW sign on it witch now has the 123 on it. obviously they copied off the NY street signs.

BEAR

Reaction score
Can you post us these pictures so we know what you are talking about?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
The original Sesame Street street sign from the first ten years now resides behind a glass case at the Smithsonian Museum of American History in Washington, D.C.

It's framed above Oscar in his trash can (not an original puppet, more like the poseable Muppet one) and next to the original Howdy Doody and Mister Rogers' red cardigan sweater.

I have a picture of it that I can post.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
I wanted to know what happened to the original sign, thanks for telling us.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Yeah, I think if you want to see a LOT of SESAME STREET-related material, then the Maryland / Washington D.C. area is the place to go, BECAUSE:

1) You can see at the Smithsonian
- the original SESAME STREET sign (1969 - 198?)
- a replica of Oscar the Grouch in his trash can
- a replica of the original Kermit the Frog

plus,

2) At the University of Maryland at College Park
You can see a Memorial for the late alumnus Jim Henson (a statue of him talking to a statue of Kermit on a bench) outside the student union.

doctort13

Reaction score
My father-in-law lives between DC and Baltimore. I must take my daughter to see these wonderful Sesame artifacts the next time we visit with him.