Square One Television.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Wow. Square One TV. Yowsers, that brings back memories. Only memory I have of Square One is the time they were in Monterey at the Aquarium...

BJ

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any Square 1 songs on MP3 or available for trade/sharing? Also, hillyb, is there a website like squareonetv.org for Encyclopedia?
Would like to relive/reread some of my memories of the show.

Xerus

Reaction score
Yep... Mathematics of Love was a good one for memory storage, cause that was the gimmick, learning/comparing Roman numerals to Arabic numerals which are the numbers we normally use now-a-days.
Trust me, Carroway Street was funny, it was about the responsibilities of adopting and taking care of a little puppy. Sort of based on a real classic Bert & Ernie sketch from back in the Old School days.

Another thing... Remember the game show where the contestants had to form a number with the digits that the spinning wheel landed on? Well, if you recall the intro where the spotlight shines on the host, we see a carpet with numbers printed on it as well. That's what served as inspiration for the one in the dorm' first floor common room.
I believe that game show was called, But Who's Counting. I found a way to play that game at home. I took an old Twister spinner board and taped pieces of paper with 10 digits all over it. Then played with my family. We spin the needle and whatever numbers the needle landed on, we write them in the 5 square spaces we drew.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... Found it at squareonetv.org. Good site for basic info on all the episodes, though I'd like for there to be more than just the bare bones. Also looking to score some songs through the connections here. Hope someone can help out with that.

BEAR

Reaction score
Hmm...why don't I remember this show? Late 80s you say? :/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... This was when CTW was branching out to create some new shows, following on the educational success and popularity of Sesame Street. This included Square One Television, Encyclopedia, and The Ghost of Faffner Hall.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
This was not the 1st time the CTW began doing other shows TEC and 321 Contact came before Square 1.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone remember the skit with the Roman numerals, with the 1950's style band sining the litteral translation of the numbers..."I got I I arms to hold you tight" or something like that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. That's the song titled "The Mathematics of Love" recorded by Tony and The Togas, though the song is erroneously identified by the name of the recording group at squareonetv.net instead.