SpongeBob SquarePants

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, here's another reason why SpongeBob needs to just die already: because Tom Kenny sounds like he's dying doing that voice. Actually, I've said that about ARTHUR recently, some of the adult voice actors sound like they're dying after all these years (and the actor who played Mr. Haney actually did die), but SpongeBob sounds like Tom is straining all he can to reach that high pitch.
Let's not forget, Tom also is in roughly 90% of cartoons there are that are voiced in California. ALL of that's probably not good for his voice. I tried his Sumo voice from Clarence and almost destroyed my vocal cords. Respect.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how voice actors like Tom, Grey DeLisle and Tara Strong
are able to do so many shows at the same time. It seems impossible.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how voice actors like Tom, Grey DeLisle and Tara Strong
are able to do so many shows at the same time. It seems impossible.
Don't forget Kevin Michael Richardson. He's on practically every animated show I currently watch (besides Bob's Burgers).

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's why they're professionals. I know someone has the exact details of how this sort of thing is done, but I take it they record as much as they can in a session per show.

Tom's one of my favorite current voice actors (though, frankly I have a bunch of them), and the only time I really feel he was overused and stretched too thin was "My Gym Partner is a Monkey," where casting him as said monkey was too obvious. Then again, the show was just overall bleh. I'm surprised at his range, though. While he mostly does crazy wacky characters like Spongebob and Ice King (who is dark, but still manages to always be goofy, which somehow makes it darker), I love his interpretation of Doc Ock in Ultimate Spider-Man. Say what you will about that show, but that's got to be the darkest, creepiest versions of the Doc to date.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'd say in Tara Strong's case, she's got something working in her favor: she's really one of the more versatile of the female voice actors out there, she has a really good range that unless you're familiar with her work and/or name, you'd probably find it hard to believe that Bubbles from PPG and Raven from TT are voiced by the same person. Tom's almost like the Mel Blanc of our generation (I'd say in the 80s and 90s, that distinction would have gone to Charlie Adler), but I really give him kudos and R-E-S-P-E-E-K like Drtooth said, from that Talkin' Toons podcast with the cast of Rocko, he mentioned that he started out as a stand-up comedian, but voice acting was what he really wanted to do ever since he was a kid, and so I think for him to be able to achieve that dream and beyond is really admirable. I remember as a kid geeking out over actually seeing him on-screen when Cartoon Network did that blooper special in the early 00s and he hosted it (and even did a demonstration of the Mayor of Townsville's voice).

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I know that James Arnold Taylor has talked about what a typical day is like for him. In fact, he's put it into his one-man show.

An average day for him - and I'd imagine for most 'in demand' VA - is very, very hectic, filled with recording sessions and auditions on top of each other, oftentimes in different parts of California. Thankfully, that little invention called Skype has allowed VA and directors to work in a way that doesn't require losing too much gas.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Favorite voice role by Tom Kenny is D from Toonami, and that's just because I've become a Toonami Faithful. My new favourite voice actor is Steve Blum, and YOU KNOW WHY.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh. I rather liked the episode where Patrick thinks a commercial about some real estate tycoon buying houses to flip them meant that he no longer owned his own house. I've happily never seen commercials like that, and I assume it's like those Cal Worthington commercials that everyone referenced but was only seen in the west coast, if not just California.

C to the J

Reaction score
Well, the latest episodes have an updated version of the title sequence, but it's not quite what we expected - the extra amount of space was added on both sides of the screen, the colors are a bit brighter, but the animation is still the same. Heck, they didn't even replace the classic logo with a newer version we see in merchandising. They did make the palm trees look CG, though.

It may not be up to date with the current look of the show, but it sure beats the updated version of The Fairly Oddparents title sequence. To be honest, the animation in the older FOP title sequence is way more pleasing.