SpongeBob SquarePants

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, they pulled a Shrek 3 and spoiled stuff with merchandising.

SPOILERS if you didn't see the merchandise or if you don't want to know the context.

The Just Play figurine set comes with the 6 main heroes. Not bad, but it totally spoils Sandy's surprise transformation into a giant CGI realistic Squirrel. Not to mention all the merchandise featuring Plank-Ton. I kid you not. I was at Wegmans and saw a coloring book entitled "Plank-Ton Saves the Day!" (headdesk with face palm... crushing hand in the process). DUDE! REALLY?!?!? You REALLY just spoiled the heartwarming twist in the movie? Just for a freaking coloring book!?!?

Luke kun

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, they pulled a Shrek 3 and spoiled stuff with merchandising.

SPOILERS if you didn't see the merchandise or if you don't want to know the context.

The Just Play figurine set comes with the 6 main heroes. Not bad, but it totally spoils Sandy's surprise transformation into a giant CGI realistic Squirrel. Not to mention all the merchandise featuring Plank-Ton. I kid you not. I was at Wegmans and saw a coloring book entitled "Plank-Ton Saves the Day!" (headdesk with face palm... crushing hand in the process). DUDE! REALLY?!?!? You REALLY just spoiled the heartwarming twist in the movie? Just for a freaking coloring book!?!?
Noooooo! Now I won't see the movie!

Harleena

Reaction score
Is this a discussion thread for the movie? Because I saw that with Harleena and Miyako (I'm "borrowing" Harleena's account right now) and it was awesome! I liked all the moments between Plankton and Spongebob (Harleena loved those especially, because Plankton is one of her favorite characters), and thought that the (SPOILERS) scene where Karen had to power down permanently was so sad. I ship Plaren (Plankton and Karen), so it was even more sad. All three of us were kind of expecting for Plankton to say "Nope! Bye!" and shut Karen down, but they actually managed to make a touching scene. And it's nice how they dedicated it to Ernest Borgnine. In addition, the film had some really funny moments ("All secondary characters come with me"). We were singing the theme song in the theater at the end, and everyone was staring at us…it was a great movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really like how the movie used mostly the show's own production music. While the fully orchestrated original track was awesome in the first movie, I like how this was more grounded to the series. Plus, hearing those Hawaiian sounding music cues with a theater sound system really gave the sound a pop.

Luke kun

Reaction score
PS. Rumia you should totally see it!
I did. What is up with those time travel moments? It makes Adventure Time look perfectly normal. And the cotton candy world in SpongeBob's dream...Cloud Cuckoo Land anyone? (Also reminds me of Gone a Bit Coco from Crah Twinsanity.)

Harleena

Reaction score
I did. What is up with those time travel moments? It makes Adventure Time look perfectly normal. And the cotton candy world in SpongeBob's dream...Cloud Cuckoo Land anyone? (Also reminds me of Gone a Bit Coco from Crah Twinsanity.)
That's just the charm of the movie. Those time travel sequences were pretty trippy, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't expect any less from Spongebob.

Heck, I'd almost say Spongebob's mind was tamer than most of the stuff in the show. Remember when Squidward got frozen and unthawed in the futurrrrrreee...futurrrrrreee...futurrrrrreee...futurrrrrreee...futurrrrrreee...futurrrrrreee...

Luke kun

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't expect any less from Spongebob.

Heck, I'd almost say Spongebob's mind was tamer than most of the stuff in the show. Remember when Squidward got frozen and unthawed in the futurrrrrreee...futurrrrrreee...futurrrrrreee...futurrrrrreee...futurrrrrreee...futurrrrrreee...
Yeah! ALONE...ALONE...ALONE!
EDIT: But SpongeBob's mind reminds me of the place where Unikitty lives in the Lego Movie (which is awesome).