1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Speculation: CW interested in Muppets?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Beauregard, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Aaron Active Member

They wouldn't need to clear music rights to air MFC. The tv rights from the original still stand.
  2. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Thats what I was thinking...about the tv rights...my bigger concern would be as someo mentioned earlier all the comercials that air during show these days...but that might be more of an extra 1/2 hour scheduling thing rather than editing...would love to see it air with the scenes missing from the video and dvd releases....
  3. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

but probably wont happen
  4. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

We can only wait and see!
  5. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Expressing interest in something and actually doing something are two different things. Sometimes, things out of network control can stunt a project. Look at the Wonder Woman pilot NBC ordered and then dumped. It was terrible (supposedly), and it would have killed them in the ratings and have been a big setback for WB, especially with their DC comics film and TV brand.

A New Muppet special can be ordered by CW, but the actual making of the special falls onto Disney. If they can write, film, and edit something by November then this is plausible. If not, the network is only at fault for promising something they can't really deliver on their own, even though most of the problem will lie with Disney if they either pass or deem they can't finish it in time.
  6. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well...considering that they merely promised "more Muppets" based on their original airing of a previous Christmas movie produced for another channel, I think they'd probably be making good on their promise even if they just aired LTS again to be honest...we'll see.
  7. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I didn't really need a long speech but my point is is I ain't throwing a party thinking were gonna get a new special when in reality we mostly likely aren't. Like I said I will be really surprised if it turns out their doing something new. However I am still sticking with its gonna just be MCC or even LTS again.

And yeah since I have just good thoughts about Disney anyways. :p
  8. Hayley B Active Member

Sure could. :)
  9. jgidley Active Member

Too bad nobody watches the CW:(
    Drtooth likes this.
  10. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Haven't heard anymore news have we? I really don't think it's a new special. Probably just a rerun of a previous special.
  11. dwmckim Well-Known Member

Unless of course they're airing Muppets!

...which when one thinks about it is how television should be.
    DrDientes and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  12. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I would like this more then once if I could. :p
  13. Teheheman Well-Known Member

I think this could be a good thing because even if it has a 0.2 rating, that's good enough for them. Heck, it might even be the best thing on the dang network. Although, we've heard this kind of rumor before ever since Muppets Tonight was cancelled. So, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Daniel
    charlietheowl likes this.
  14. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

15. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Ah, man... where to start about the CW...

UPN had a few good shows, The WB had a few good shows. Together as a network, they have nothing. Anytime they even have a good show, they can't wait to find a way to get rid of it for some lame copycat series that no one watches... uh... Oh. They tried very hard to kill Smallville because it wasn't obnoxious Teenage Drama enough... you know, vain vapid rich airheads whining about how freaking soul crushingly terrible it is to be a vain vapid rich airhead. And my personal favorite... selling their highly profitable Saturday Morning kid's programming line up to the competition, and thus dooming Spectacular Spider-Man from ever going on longer than 2 seasons.
  16. snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Nowadays, it seems like the majority of Fox TV stations have a nearly day-long marathon of court shows from 10 am-5 pm (Central Time here in Oklahoma), and CBS' Saturday morning programming isn't what it used to be compared to the "golden age" of the 1960s, '70's and '80s; nowadays, the big eye just has Doodlebops, Busytown Mysteries and Liberty's Kids, ABC only has educational programming like Jack Hanna's Wild Countdown, Ocean Mysteries with Jeff Corwin, Born to Explore, and Sea Rescue, while NBC's Saturday morning lineup is populated by Noodle and Doodle, Pajanimals, Poppy Cat, Justin Time, LazyTown and The Wiggles.

Meanwhile, the CW is obviously the more popular choice for local Saturday morning programming, with Rescue Heroes, Sonic X, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, Iron Man, Justice League Unlimited, WWE Saturday Morning Slam, Dragon Ball Z Kai, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and YGO Zexal.

It seems that you have a better selection from such cable networks as the Hub, Nickelodeon and Nicktoons, Disney (including Disney XD), and Cartoon Network (including those who are fortunate enough to get CN Boomerang).

Sadly, the days of the Big Four networks (NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox) jumped the shark somewhere along the way, and things haven't been the same for local Saturday morning TV ever since.....
    Drtooth likes this.
  17. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I've been on the dying Saturday Morning Soapbox for years. Saban really gave a huge turn around to CW's programing line up (though I don't see why Sonic X still has to be part of it. It's been on uninterrupted for at least 7 years. Time to give it a rest). They're airing a Tiny Toons Special later this month. I absolutely hate Cookie Jar TV on CBS, since they have the entire library of their own Cinar stuff and their acquired DIC stuff, and they only go with 3 shows. Especially since no one liked Doodlebops to begin with, and they're looking ridiculous trying to stuff a dead franchise down everyone's throats. The less said about the other line ups, the better.

It's great for people with cable (even though CN's trying to turn the line up, as I heard, into the How to Train Your Dragon network), but not so much with those who don't. Saban's CW line up is the only authentic SatAm line up still in existence. They actually have something going for them now. Unless Arrow takes off. Don't like that it's on Wednesdays, though.
  18. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

A Tiny Toons Special next month hubba hubba whaaaaa?
  19. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... Saturday morning October 27th, they're running Night Ghoulery. I almost fell out of my chair.
  20. DannyRWW Well-Known Member

and strangely odd as no one who is watching (at least the kids) will even know what Tint toons is...look at their line up...its all main stream popular anime and such...tiny toons seems out of place (but certainly welcome)