Speculation: CW interested in Muppets?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Could this be the spot we're looking for, or is it just something random that they mentioned and felt the need to highlight because "Muppets" make good headlines these days?

He also vowed more Muppets. Last year’s Nov. 30 airing of A Muppets Christmas gave the network its most-watched Wednesday night in a year.
“There’ll be more Muppets this holiday season,” Pedowitz promised.

Read more:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/plans+include+more+Muppets/7013527/story.html#ixzz229qusfBv
Hmmm...mmmhmmm....

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Well if nothing else it would be nice to see them air Muppet family Christmas on CW...they can air it unedited if I'm correct because the copyright issues are only with the Video and dvds...maybe a live special or something...I mean if they can do that show in Canada......

Beauregard

Reaction score
A Muppets Christmas, was what, Letters to Santa?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
letters to santa is what the aired last year and it was their highest ratings too

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Did they? I remember WGN airing IAVMMCM one year. That's probably why I got confused.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Don't quote me on this but I believe the night it aired was their highest ratings of the season for any show at that point in the season (This is September- November we are talking about)...Now even if they just air letters to Santa that would be a smart move...but if they are really smart they will try to get rights to air something else

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Yeah it was the first year that NBC didn't air letters to Santa...which surprised me because its not that old...and the movie came out so it was a great tie in opportunity

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If The CW wants to get more Muppet content out for the holiday season then that's great (though I wonder if they tried getting the rights to broadcast non-holiday stuff so they can show some Muppets before Christmas). I say they should rerun Letters to Santa, A Muppet Family Christmas, and The Muppet Christmas Carol.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Good point...if it was one of their highest rated programs I would look into some none Christmas Muppet programing...even though your dealing with Disney I bet it does not cost too much to air older content...remember back when the muppet movie was constantly played in sindication on lack Saturday morning or sunday afternoons *sigh*