Dantecat

Reaction score
(1)What just happens in this skit?

(2)Where did it take place at?

(3)What are the lyrics to the song?

(4)How is it?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
he was pretending to be an Admiral in the navy and was on a boat witch was on top of a parked car. don't remember the whole song but if that was 1971, i'm suprised. i don't recall seeing it till the late 70s and it wasn't till then when we began to see the SS cast go out of the studio for short clips. such as Oscar renting a garbage truck for the day.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, they showed a clip of that one on the 20th anniversary special and it seemed like it was later than 1971. I don't remember the actual clip itself though.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Well,It was actually on episode #2107 from 1985!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Dantecat, have you ever seen any Sesame Street at all?? :rolleyes:

Ryan

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
(1)What just happens in this skit?
Why do you just use just in every other just sentence? Just why?

Xerus

Reaction score
I loved that song. It was one of my favorite Big Bird moments. I would so love to have that on video. :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Yeah, they showed a clip of that one on the 20th anniversary special and it seemed like it was later than 1971. I don't remember the actual clip itself though.
you know i was going to post something about this, 1971 could be right. it's probably less likely because while we now videotape did exist back then, it wasn't used as much. while i'm not an expert on this, apparently up untill the 80s or maybe even late 70s if a show like SS went out of the studio to record something, film would for the most part be used. same with TEC, Mr. Rogers when he would show something on picture-picture and the guest segment you'd see on Zoom would of all been on film. there was either no hand held video equipment and for things such as what i mentioned, including news stories, it was probably easier to use film and for stuff done on videotape outdoors probably required more equipmentor whatever.
of course seeing the SSU on noggin they began using videotape for their opening sequences as early as 1972 wich is interesting in it's own right.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Of Course I have Boober Gorg!!!!!! I've seen plenty of it. The reason why I'm asking plenty of muppet skits about what happens in that skit etc, Because there's a whole lot of rare stuff I've never seen at all in my life,I hear about them from you guys,they look so interesting,and I'd probably like to see them too since some of you have them!!!!

That's all Boober Gorg!!!!!!!

Ryan

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Of Course I have Boober Gorg!!!!!! I've seen plenty of it. The reason why I'm asking plenty of muppet skits about what happens in that skit etc, Because there's a whole lot of rare stuff I've never seen at all in my life,I hear about them from you guys,they look so interesting,and I'd probably like to see them too since some of you have them!!!!

That's all Boober Gorg!!!!!!!

That just was a rhetorical question. :rolleyes: