Some News

FER SURE

Reaction score
Lets not get into that again! I thought we had all come to the consensus that this was Ken's special item for his special day and we wern't going to pine after it. At least not verbally.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. The wedding pig is Ken's variant and not a part of the series. I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures and I'm sure we will!:smile:

As for invisiBeaker - Argh! I guess time will tell if that is a must have piece. When is this show and do we collectors even have a chance to get it. I'm glad that it really isn't much more of a variant so it won't kill me to not get it, but I am sort of the completist too.

MM-III

Reaction score
You won't find more of a completist than me... but even I won't be begging for the wedding dress piggy. It's a special gift to Ken from Henson for all his hard work and should be treated as such... I wouldn't feel right owning one.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
You want some inside scoop on that whole Invisible Beaker thing? Wasn't supposed to happen. We had planned to do a Micronauts give away at the party. An all-electroplated Space Glider, but as always seems to happen with me, a factory SNAFU forced us to abandon that because there was a die cast metal problem that forced that figure to go through a longer debug time than planned.

So here we were, with a really good relationship with Wizard, and a tradition of a party give away at their shows. We had already done 2 and this is kind of now a Palisades thing to do as a cool thing for the people who put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into each show. It is not an easy thing to manage or coordinate, these shows.

So anyway, we have the show looming down on us, and no give away. We thought of another lunchbox thing but another Kermit just seemed lame-o. The thought of VC Bunsen crossed our minds...but really that was too choice. SO, the only thing we had shipping at the time that could save us was, of course, Beaker.

So there was the dilemma. At first we thought of just eliminating the VC Beaker from the show and doing it as a give away. But word had got out, wildfire ensued and it quickly became clear that it was a must have item. The only option left was to do something different to Beaker. One option was a "blown-up" look, with soot and grime. BUT...the reality is that it too would be far too "choice" and could very easily be a desired variant.

SO we picked a "fully vanished" version, because the thought was that this would be far less choice and maybe go a little under the radar. Well, there are a lot of Beaker fans out there as I am being made aware of every day as my Comcast address is overloaded. (Yes this is why I am having email problems) It looks like this figure will also be one that people may want.

Thought you might like to get a look into the decision process. This was not an attempt to create a problem or hurt completists. It was an effort not to let a group of people down who have gone out of their way to support our efforts, those responsible for the show.

But, it is a give away, and totally up to us whether to make it available. We probably will to those who want it. This collector club thing will most likely have the opportunity to get items like that attached to them as well. Unfortunately, a price tag will be inevitable, because we budgeted for the give away and nothing more than that, but we'll figure out a way to make it fair.

Just give us a bit more time. We are swamped with all kinds of stuff, and we are working on the solution. An announcement will be made before the show, I promise. So does Mike. He is as committed to the collector community as much as anyone I know, heck he angineered a trade on my behalf this afternoon (I GOT ME A JORGE SACUL WOOHOO!!!) and fully supports the idea of getting this to happen. He and I and the rest of the folks at the office just want to make sure we do it right.

That's the skinny.

Ken

Dr Teeth

Reaction score
Ken. Thanks for the backstory on the invisible Beaker. Hopefully it will be something that we can get in the Collectors Club someday. Congratulations on the JORGE SACUL figure!!!:big_grin:
Did you ever get the Toy Fair Vader??

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
No I missed out on Vader...the more I tighten my grip, the more he slips through my fingers...

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Did you hear about the TRU exclusive R2-D2 yet? Its all silver and its on a card like the toy fair vader. I think you buy a certain amout stuff and you get him free. The story is up at http://www.rebalscum.com

wolvoks

Reaction score
Lilly, who all are able to get the Invisible Beaker figure? Are like press people able to get one? Because I'm going because of press tickets that my dad got.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the information behind Invisible Beaker. As someone with basically no knowledge of the industry, it is interesting to see how some of it works.

I think it is great that you guys did what you had to to come up with an interesting give away for the party.

Of course I want the figure-- to put it simply, I want everything Palisades makes that is Muppet (lunch box, figure, playset)-- but I also understand the importance of giving back to the people who put on the cons. I'm impressed with the effort you and Mike have made to give collectors what they want and to make the line what the fans want most. I've never seen a company work so hard at making their product to fan specifications.

Thanks!

tomahawk

Reaction score
thanks ken

i agree with muppet quilter ken,you guys are doing a tremendous job.my hats off to you.i would give you a vader if i had one.