Some News

GWGumby

Reaction score
Sorry for bringing up the Wedding Piggy. I didn't know it was taboo to speak about. I think it's a really cool gift and something special for Ken and his bride.

I just think the whole idea of getting every single conceivable variation of a toy line is a little silly, and so I brought this figure up as a joke to illustrate how unreasonable it really is to expect or even demand to get all variations. We might as well be pining for the mutant Beakers and demanding them for the collector's club as well.

And what about all the sculpted prototypes and early paint tests? I mean if $200+ will be paid for an item that is merely packaged differently, think of the killing someone could make auctioning off that kind of stuff!

I'm doing my best to keep from getting too wrapped up in the excitement over this line, but having a hard time. I've already bought every commercially available item and exclusive. If someone had told me last year I would willingly purchase two Miss Piggy "dolls," I would have laughed in their face, but now I look forward to owning Nurse Piggy and Swinetrek Piggy as well. I have to keep convincing myself why it's rediculous to try and track down the Dr. Teeth variant. There's no way I could justify that type of price for a different paint color.

Anyway, no real main point to this post, other than to apologize for bringing up a topic as a joke that other's didn't see that way. I look forward to the collector's club possibilities and hopefully getting a chance to get the VC Beaker. Inviso-Beaker sounds cool too, but I don't feel anyone has a right to demand something just because somebody else got it or merely because it exists.

Joggy

Reaction score
I myself would much rather want Vanishing Beaker than Invisible Beaker.

Why? Because I see Invisible as an unfinished version of Vanishing; not painted. Therefore just being a plain transparent figure of Beaker. I'm a crazy collector, but I don't need mutants like that...

I think it's much more fun to see that some of Beaker is actually visible (his hands and legs), as if he didn't get fully sprayed...

Back to being a non-active Lemming.

MM-III

Reaction score
Hey Gumby,

I don't think anyone's "demanding" anything per se... (well maybe some folks are) I just think that people are excited about the line and they would like to collect all of them if possible. Sometimes people get frustrated when they can't collect everything, and that's their right. Only the individual collector can determine what he's willing to pay for things like a differently packaged kermit. Although I do happen to own one of the kermit lunchboxes, I decided beforehand that I wasn't going to pay over a certain amount and I stuck to that.

As for me, it's not necessarily about owning every single variation that exists in the world... (which is why I don't feel the need to own either wedding dress piggy or factory prototypes/mistakes) It's more about trying to collect every unique figure made available to the public. (whether that public be the overall buying public, or industry folk at a party)

Sorry if it seemed like we jumped down your throat about the wedding thing... it's just that it can be hard to tell who's joking and who's not. The general consensus around here is let ken have his peace about that issue.

FER SURE

Reaction score
I never meant to sound like i was jumping down your throat. Like MM-III says it's hard to interpert how people are coming accross. I guess I should use more emoticons. :wink:

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
.....SO we picked a "fully vanished" version, because the thought was that this would be far less choice and maybe go a little under the radar.
Dude you got people fantasizing about carrots! :big_grin:
Nothing will be under the radar, no matter what you make, if it has the
Mupper Show
logo on it, people will want it!

Thought you might like to get a look into the decision process.
Appreciate it, I am glad you have the time to do something besides handling our moronic inquiries :big_grin:!

But, it is a give away, and totally up to us whether to make it available.

You are correct, we will be gratefull for any scraps you toss off the corporate table...

Unfortunately, a price tag will be inevitable, because we budgeted for the give away and nothing more than that, but we'll figure out a way to make it fair...
we are working on the solution. An announcement will be made before the show, I promise. So does Mike. He is as committed to the collector community as much as anyone I know

How about this for the ultra limited stuff:
As a part of the enrollment package, you ask everybody for their three favorite Muppets. Then when something like this comes up that is very limited, the people who pre-selected that particular character get first pick, and any leftovers can be sold on a first come first served basis?
Just an idea, and possibly not a feasible one at that.