Some extra info concerning Palisades Muppets Line

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Gonzo said:
--or that Piggy that I was thinking about earlier today. But then we'd all be arrested. Well, I would be.
But, that's legal in SOME countries...

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Something just occurred to me and because it's not an actual leak I don't think there's anything preventing me from spilling my guts here:

So far, we've had Rizzo from MT (or rather the MT era), Pepe from MT is in S5, Clifford from MT is in S6, and Johnny Fiamma from MT is in S7. Yet we know there's an MT character in S8. Who is left? Since we have Johnny we know we'll have a Sal at some point. Who is there after Sal? Bill the Bubble Guy? Took me five minutes just to think of him! Also he disappeared after the show. Same with Seymour the Elephant. Andy and Randy Pig? That's a two-pack and probably an unprofitable one as the characters were met with more annoyance than love. The only one I character I can think of from MT that could be made with the exception of Sal is... Big Mean Carl. He has some recognizability factor, but again, he hasn't been seen following the show.

Only the MT characters that have already been announced plus Sal have continued beyond the short-lived MT. There are no more MT characters that the public will latch on to, says I. Just Rizzo, Pepe, Clifford, Johnny and Sal. Ergo, I think that since we know there's an MT character in Series 8, and after Johnny there is only Sal left from MT to be a marketable figure, after giving you my logic I hereby offer the conjecture that Sal is the Series 8 MT figure.

LMK how my logic sounds and/or if I've overlooked something.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you did overlook 1, 1 important point. Sal Manilla, Johnny Fiama's monkey bodyguard, was not the only remaining MT character to still have some importance long after MT ended. You forgot about two other such characters: Bobo the Bear Guard and Dr. Phil van Neuter. Any one of these three could be the S8 MT character, but I'd think that Sal has a better chance than most seeing as how Johnny Fiama was/will be released on his own in S7 and it wouldn't make much sense to hold Sal back until S9. Unless as Ken mentioned, TMS Rowlf were planned for S8, which I'm not saying is the case cause we still don't know what the concrete S8 lineup will be, but Ken did say that TMS Rowlf and MT Sal wouldn't probably be included both in the same series lineup.

So, yeah, I'd say that Sal Manilla has the best chance of being the S8 MT character figure, though we know that anything's possible and subject to change from here to then.
Hope this helps and have a good morrow.

edwardsinclair

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Only the MT characters that have already been announced plus Sal have continued beyond the short-lived MT. There are no more MT characters that the public will latch on to, says I. Just Rizzo, Pepe, Clifford, Johnny and Sal. Ergo, I think that since we know there's an MT character in Series 8, and after Johnny there is only Sal left from MT to be a marketable figure, after giving you my logic I hereby offer the conjecture that Sal is the Series 8 MT figure.

LMK how my logic sounds and/or if I've overlooked something.

There is another likely possibility (although I feel Sal would probably will be released first) - Bobo the Bear. With Fozzie back in the spotlight, however, I have a feeling that Bobo will begin fading away and may not fair well in the figure market. If not Bobo, I'd say Phil Van Neuter is another possible - but less probable - choice. Still, they'd both probably be made before Bill the Bubble Guy.

Now a Mulch figure - that'd be cool. :wink:

Edward "Sinclair"

Edit: Sorry Count - I didn't see your post. that's what I get for sitting on one page for several hours without refreshing. Heh.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I had a hunch I was forgetting somebody. Bobo is likely enough, maybe not very close to Fozzie. Phil Van Neuter is one I could see, even for Series 8. It seems regular versions of the figs can get held back, like Rowlf, Sam and Robin, whereas teams like Bunsen & Beaker and Statler & Waldorf come out at the same time. Although, Janice was originally slated for Series 4 and was pushed back to Series 5, so it is possible Sal could be held back to Series 9, but I don't think he'll be out any later than that.

The release of Bobo depends on the Fozzie figures for the coming year, ditto Phil Van Neuter will depend somewhat on Vet's Hospital and related figures.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Has Ken said any thing about a Bean Bunny figure? :smile:

I know that was going to be a Bean PVC for the Muppet Christmas Carol Line but it got cut for Fozzie.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a Bean Bunny the size of Rizzo. That'd be fun to have.

Yeah, David, Bobo and Phil Van Neuter shot thru my brain as soon as I saw your list.

Zootematix

Reaction score
I definately agree that a Bean Bunny action figure must be made. It's one of the figures that I think that if left out of the line, the line would be incomplete.

I think we should start something up sorta like a list of ppl that promote Bean's inclusion in the line.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Zootematix said:
I definately agree that a Bean Bunny action figure must be made. It's one of the figures that I think that if left out of the line, the line would be incomplete.

I think we should start something up sorta like a list of ppl that promote Bean's inclusion in the line.

Well, Palisades has the Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet From Space license so they could do one of those beans.

matleo

Reaction score
Hey guys, posted this over at Palisades about a week ago, but thought I owuld post it here too, since I know a lot of peopl don't visit over there. anyway, last week, I took the time to compile all the rumors I could find from ken regarding 2004. He dropped a lot of big hints of things to come last week and I thought it was time to share the wealth over here. thedates you see are the dates tihngs were announced. I just find that useful when I have otdouble check and confirm.

--Matt

Disclaimer: the following information is based in rumors that were posted on the forum prior to September 19, 2003. Items listed here are subject to change. heck, even now some of this stuff may be outdated. --MKL

2004: there will be a pack-in for every series in '04

Series 7 (CC newsletter)

MTI Kermit
MT Johnny
TMS Beau
TMS Frog Scout Robin

Retail Excusive:
Tux Gonzo w/Bernice the chicken (Target: Gonzo will be the target excluisve for Series 7&8) (9-19-03)

Series 8 (designations 9-01-03)
MT
TMS
TMS
MTM
*there is NO army builder type pack-in for Series 8
** there may be exclusive for S8. It's still being planned out. (9-20-03)
***BUT there is one comic-con exclusive planned as an MTI variant for around S8

Series 9 (designations: 9-17-03)
TMS
TMS
GMC
MTI
retail excusive MFS

*Note Series 9 has an army builder type pack-in
**one of these designations is misleading
***author’s note: We know that Ken wants to do Pops as a GMC figure. my guess is that fills at least one of our S9 slots.
***Target will have a new exclusive for S9& 10 (9-19-03)

Series 10 (designations 9-17-03)
TMS
TMS
TMS
MT
EXCL: TMS

*one of these designations is misleading.
*note Series 10 also has an army builder type pack-in.

Characters we know exist in some form and what we know about them.

1) Swetums
* Will likely be released in 2004.
* Will be approximately 10-inches tall.
* Will have many cool layers of plastics.
* Will likely be sold as an exclusive.
* Will NOT be a Target exclusive.
* Will likely be widely available.
* Will be packaged in a window box.
* Will likely have an accessory.
* Is currently being sculpted.
*Will likely have a HUGE amount of hidden articulations.
* Will certainly be....SWEET!

2) Sal:
* will be part of some type of “buddies pack”
* will NOT be in the same series a Rowlf
* will be a threepaint.

3) Naked Rowlf:
*He will NOT be in the same series as Sal.

4) Naked Sam

5) One other Kermit figure that ken says people will ‘really dig’

5) Jim Henson: Sculpted, approved and REALLY up in the air on how he will be released.

And just kind of a quick overview there are...

9 TMS slots to open (2 are probably Sam, and Rowlf)
2 MT slots open (one is probably Sal w/ rumors leaning toward him in S10)
2 MTI slot open (one is probably a varaiant since it's a comic-con exclusive)
1 GMC slot open (which is probably Pops)
1 MTM slot open (which is probably a variant)
and 1 MFS slot open (also probably a variant since it's an exclusive)

Exclusives:

*Tour figure: Ken thinks this is the coolest figure yet. It has 6 accessories ands a completely new sculpt. (this either means a new character OR revisiting a S1 or S2 character).

Playsets: There is at least one planned for sometime around Series 8 or 9. It will not be from the movies.

Bonus info: there is a special variant planned for the CC this holiday season.