So you want to audition for the Muppets?

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
ok just to squash some of these replacment rummors,

THAT IS NOT WHAT THESE AUDITIONS ARE ABOUT!!!!

they are looking for people to do small PR events. Things that they do not what to go thru the expense of paying the large rates the main Muppet Performers comand.
So, in other words, replace the main muppet performers at these small PR events. Right?

And to be clear. From the very start, I never said these were rumors pr was trying to start rumors, I was just simply asked, "What if?"

And as I said before, I HOPE this is not the road Disney's going down and it's just the start of something awesome. But..it IS Disney.

Grant

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
wasnt directing my comment at you Grant, it was a general statement, lots of people who read these forums dont post, and not evryone starts at the beginning, i just wanted any newbie who comes along to not misconstrue what these auditions are about, its not about replacing the performers for film or Tv, its about being substitutes for P.R events and that is all.

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
wasnt directing my comment at you Grant, it was a general statement, lots of people who read these forums dont post, and not evryone starts at the beginning, i just wanted any newbie who comes along to not misconstrue what these auditions are about, its not about replacing the performers for film or Tv, its about being substitutes for P.R events and that is all.

Got it! Coolio! :smile:

Grant

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
ok just to squash some of these replacment rummors,

THAT IS NOT WHAT THESE AUDITIONS ARE ABOUT!!!!

they are looking for people to do small PR events. Things that they do not what to go thru the expense of paying the large rates the main Muppet Performers comand.

I know it would be great if these were for understudies, but i have it on good authority that will not be what you are auditioning for.

never the less good luck to all

Good point. But let's say Steve makes $700 a day doing union minimum for example in a TV project. Why would he turn down being offered for example $250 to appear in a mall doing Kermit. The Muppeteers don't have much work coming their way the last few years, so I don't understand why they would turn down a few bucks as opposed to earning none.

However, perhaps this audition will be more about certain Muppeteers not being able to be in two places at once as opposed to them not getting paid enough for a PR appearance... maybe.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
ITalked to a guy named Todd, and he was really friendly and informative. I didn't try to do any voices or anything, just kept it professional (remember that this guy isn't casting you, just passing information). )
Could be just the opposite! You and the others were talking to Todd Merrick with the job title "Human Resources Recruiter- Casting Services at Walt Disney World"

If you go to this link (you'll need Abobe Reader to view it) you'll see a picture of him and his job title as mentioned above.
http://web2.hpu.edu/images/CSC/CSC_a12373.pdf

So maybe this audition is for one of those minimum wage DisneyWorld stage shows? :frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Regardless who is who and what they're looking for, it's a great opportunity for everyone involved. Steve and the others have nothing to worry about. I honestly doubt this is for the Disney World Stage Shows. I've been in discussions about those before, and you basically did the auditions at the theme park back then (mid-1990's).

Last time I talked to Todd I asked him to come into the forums one day and give us an update, and gave him the title of the thread. Hopefully he'll pop in sometime soon and give us the low-down! :smile:

Really, I am surprised to see any ounce of negative responses to all of this. It's the very thing everybody has talked about since forever and now that the opportunity is here, I see unhappiness from a few of the members. Don't be so worried, fill your cup to the brim, and cheer! Good things are in store for the Muppets! You'll see!! :smile:

AAO

Reaction score
Request for Muppet audition time and dates...

I would like the exact time and date for the Muppet Auditions in New York. I would appreciate it. I'm excited and ambitious to join the Muppet family. I'd like to know soon. If you could, PM me or email me at lester88@setel.com. Thanks again!

Calvin