Snoop Dogg Excited About Appearing In 'Muppets' Christmas Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by Scooter
Am I the only one who finds it really strange to have a huge pothead rapper guest starring in a Muppet produciton?

Weeeelll, there was Coolio...........:wink:

have you seen timepiece?

Ryan

Reaction score
That was in no way a drug related film. Sure Jim could have been experimenting, but I find the film to be very interesting and groundbreaking.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kermie Lover
Whatever:rolleyes: , I don't think that he's any sort of person that should have a role in any family movie-fare, whatsoever.
It's sad that a person of such low moral caliber has children of their own that they are free to corrupt, much less ours. Anyways, it's just my honest hope that none of these co-stars (whether
the good or the REALLY BAD) end up stealing the spotlight from the Muppets. How long will this movie be? If it only clocks in at around an hour to an hour and 30 minutes like I think it will, they'll be squeezing in a lotta cameos, it might get kinda absurd in a way, you know what I mean?

such low moral caliber? how do you know? don't judge people from what you see on t.v. and of all places mtv.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Originally posted by Scooter
That was in no way a drug related film. Sure Jim could have been experimenting, but I find the film to be very interesting and groundbreaking. [/QUOTE

HOPING YOU WOULD HAVE FOUND THE FUNNY IN IT. WASN'T SAYING IT WAS A DRUG INFLUENCED FILM.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well tomahawk, I will agree that we only see what we are shown. But, what do you think they will show if they are on with the Muppets? And still, if they know we only see what they show us, why don't they show us better things? Were obviously going to feel quite negitive about a convict preforming with or characters, and if they don't like it, thats really just too bad. They can either stay on their side of the fence, or seriously clean up their act and educate themselves (especially Snoop "I can put a sentence together" Dogg) to fit in with our society. I don't care how they live, as long as it doesn't clash with our entertainment.

As for Timepiece, I think because of the nature of this thread your post was misconstrued. You've got to be specific, especially in this type of thread.

-Matt

tomahawk

Reaction score
slippery slope

o.k. if you really want to know how i feel about this(and this will be a little long). we have basically fallen on a slippery slope. if we want to make moral judgement calls on who the muppets are working with lets think back a bit.........hmmmmmm. you'd lose probably half of your guest stars on the muppet show(alice cooper),same goes for the muppet movie(richard pryor)and hey what about weezer who just recently had a song(hash pipe) that had to be edited for of all places mtv.

i could go on forever about people who worked with the jim henson in the past'present and future. as far as i'm concerned this company has always been about pushing the envelope,making great art and making me laugh and feel and grow and learn. its all about drawing way outside the lines.

we all have our opinions and thats great. but when you get into a judgement on peoples morals or whats good for someone else,thats where the slippery slope begins.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Re: slippery slope

Originally posted by tomahawk
o.k. if you really want to know how i feel about this(and this will be a little long). we have basically fallen on a slippery slope. if we want to make moral judgement calls on who the muppets are working with lets think back a bit.........hmmmmmm. you'd lose probably half of your guest stars on the muppet show(alice cooper),same goes for the muppet movie(richard pryor)and hey what about weezer who just recently had a song(hash pipe) that had to be edited for of all places mtv.

i could go on forever about people who worked with the jim henson in the past'present and future. as far as i'm concerned this company has always been about pushing the envelope,making great art and making me laugh and feel and grow and learn. its all about drawing way outside the lines.

we all have our opinions and thats great. but when you get into a judgement on peoples morals or whats good for someone else,thats where the slippery slope begins.
I get everything your saying, and to a certain extent I agree. My opinions sparked a pretty big thread of controversy, and I'm not into having that again. Let me just make a few comments.

Alice Cooper - This guy I truely believe never preached a word he followed when he was famous. He worked the angles of shock culture perfectly, and got lots of money for it, which I think is great. (same with Marilyn Manson...I think the guy is a master of giving the kids what they want, and he deserves every penny he gets for it) Now Alice Cooper live in a lovely house in Florida (not that far from me...maybe an hour and a half I think) and plays golf every day at a country club. Nothing wrong with him to me.

Richard Pryor - Okay, I can see the problems here. But you do have to remember, when he was in the prime of his career, African-Americans were being descriminated against heavily still. I think his comedy was good, because it gave them a reason to laugh at the hatred, which is always a good way to heal it. Also you must know, he was a brilliant man with a good head on his shoulders. So he's also OK by me.

Weezer - Yes we had a bit of a discussion on Weezer's "Hash Pipe" and "Dope Nose" songs with drug-related messages. But I believe Weezer is a bit different from the gangsters in question. They are kind of the white nerdy pot smokers, which are (in my opinion) less offensive. Don't get me wrong, I DO NOT IN ANY WAY condone the drug related songs. I think, though, that A) Keep Fishin' was a good video to do for the Muppets because it was undrug-related and actually a nice message in general and B) it showcased a happy Weezer, instead of any anger or depression that is all to many times present in the videos of those types of bands.

Now, those are my two cents. I don't want to get on the "Slippery Slope" any more than you do, so I'll just leave it at what I said, and will not comment on the morals of anyone anymore (except for Ryan, because I find him totally immoral and I think he sets a bad example for the rest of us...hehe, JK Scoot, I think you rock hard :big_grin: )

-Matt

Ryan

Reaction score
Cantus Rock:

I completley second everything you said. I agree with you completly.

<< except for Ryan, because I find him totally immoral and I think he sets a bad example for the rest of us...hehe, JK Scoot, I think you rock hard )>>

HEY NOW!!!:wink: :big_grin: :wink:

tomahawk

Reaction score
don't get me wrong, i love richard pryor,but back in the day he was also well known for a lot of drug related problems. there is one famous story about fire and him running down the street.
look i didn't want to start anything. just stating my opinion.
really i love all of my muppet friends even though i've probably never really met any of you. BIG HUG!!!!!!!!!

Struble

Reaction score
Re: Re: slippery slope

Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Alice Cooper - This guy I truely believe never preached a word he followed when he was famous. He worked the angles of shock culture perfectly, and got lots of money for it, which I think is great. (same with Marilyn Manson...I think the guy is a master of giving the kids what they want, and he deserves every penny he gets for it) Now Alice Cooper live in a lovely house in Florida (not that far from me...maybe an hour and a half I think) and plays golf every day at a country club. Nothing wrong with him to me.
The same really goes for Mr. Dogg. You don't actually think he's running around shooting people, do you? He was only on trial once for "murder." But even then he was only on trial as an accomplice. Trying to see if he had ordered his bodyguard to kill the guy. Snoop saw a childhood friend making money off of 'gangsta rap,' so he joined him.

It's like Doctor Dre -- he used to be a thug, and now he's not. He moved passed it. He tried making an album about where he is now. About being a successful African American man, and it didn't sell. So on his wifes advice, he went back to "I'm gonna shoot you with my gat" style of rap, because it sells more.

Heck, even MC Hammer joined the gangsta rap scene. Even the New Kids on the Block did. So you really can't judge an author from his book.

And why is being a whiteguy and a potsmoker more palatable? Smoking pot is smoking pot. It's not dependant of your skin colour. Nor is it better depending on the subculture you subscribe to.

"Please hammer, don't hurt 'em."
Sh.

Status
Not open for further replies.