1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Snoop Dogg Excited About Appearing In 'Muppets' Christmas Special

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Traveling Matt, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Snoop Dogg Excited About Appearing In 'Muppets' Christmas Special

Courtesy of Yahoo! News

Apparently Snoop Dogg, whose stage name partially derives from his resemblance to the Peanuts character Snoopy, isn't only fond of four-legged hounds, he also likes frogs. Well, at least, Kermit The Frog, the lead puppet for the popular Muppets series.

Snoop Dogg will make a cameo in A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie scheduled to air during the holiday season on NBC. When LAUNCH recently spoke to the rapper, he was anticipating traveling to Vancouver to tape his appearance with Kermit. "Naw, I seen the script. It's tight. It's just kids' stuff, ya know. You know that I'm saying, just something for the kids. And I got three kids. So I think I'm going to take my kids with me out there so they can meet him too, you know. And do something special. Yeah, me and Kermit The Frog. Imagine that," he said.

In addition to Kermit The Frog, the show also stars Miss Piggy, Whoopi Goldberg, Joan Cusack, and David Arquette, in the first-ever made-for-television Muppet movie.

- Billy :cool:
  2. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

"Naw, I seen the script. It's tight. Snoop Dog

I guess that it means that it is a good script.
  3. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think it means he's lucky to get work since he dropped the 'doggy' ! :D
  4. Traveling Matt

Right on! :p

5. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Am I the only one who finds it really strange to have a huge pothead rapper guest starring in a Muppet produciton?

Weeeelll, there was Coolio...........;)
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Am I the only one who finds it really strange to have a huge pothead rapper guest starring in a Muppet produciton?<<<

True snoop is so 1994, but Im just glad there is something new coming to tv Muppet special wise.

But just for the kids? Thats not a good press quote Mr. dogg!
  7. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Scooter, I'm with you. And for anyone who doesn't know, Snoop Dogg was charged with MURDER a few years back. Yes that's right, he was charged with killing a friend of his or something. I don't know the details, but I'm sure MTV.com can give you the whole story. Snoop Dogg, the hardcore ghetto gangsta who smacks the h**s, caps people with his gats, and can hardly complete a sentence, is going to cameo in the new Muppet TV movie. Lord, help us all. :D

-Matt
  8. Struble

Struble New Member

Um. No. Snoop was only on trial for murder. The jury found him |not guilty.| The only things he was actually found guilty for is |weapons possesion| and |possesion of an illegal narcotic.| It's really not fair to say he was charged for killing someone.

Honestly, I think the man has killed too many brain cells to figure out how to |hold| a gun, let alone use one. :)

Sh.
  9. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Yeah I know he wasn't convicted of it, but when your arrested you need a charge. The charge (among the others you mentioned) was Murder. Just because he wasn't convicted doesn't mean he wasn't charged. No offense. :D

-Matt
  10. Struble

Struble New Member

I know and knew the difference. But you specifically worded it in a misleading way, and I was just pointing out -- for the benefit of anyone who took your bait -- that a convicted fellon wasn't going to be hanging with the Muppets. He's only been convicted of Misdomeaners. :)

Murder was the case that they gave Sh.
  11. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Okay cool, thanks for clarifying for anyone who might not have known.

Aside from all the legal issues, I think he is just not someone who should be associated with the Muppets..I mean, what is some kid watches the movie, sees him, and decides he needs to buy his album. And the parents, thinking "Well...he was with the Muppets...how bad could he be?" buy the kid the album. And thus explose little Timmy to:

"I shot a mothaf***a just ta take his bread/left twelve cold bullets in the back of his head./ And seeing that the family is mournin' in church/I bust full glocks at em off the window perched"

Now...I'm not going to try to say what a kid should and should not hear...(hehe)

Of course the above could never happen, and it could all just pass by unnoticed. But if it isn't I think it puts an unneeded tarnish on the Muppets. :eek:

-Matt
  12. Struble

Struble New Member

I know I'm gonna sing that everynight to my children for their lullaby!

Sh.
  13. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Hehehe. I guess it really boils down to how large his role in the film is. It says a cameo, so hopefully it'll only be 3 or 4 lines that don't really affect the plot much. :)

-Matt
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

I actually agree that he shouldn't be working with the Muppets - i can only imagine that the booker has been told that he's doing something for NBC or an NBC related company. They'd put serious pressure on to get him in there.
  15. scott

scott New Member

I don't think you guys get the sheer brilliance of this. It's always funny to see two opposites acting with eachother. And Snoop has a pretty good sense of acting like a calm, hilarious guy if you've ever seen him on the MTV Movie Awards.
  16. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

I don't really think he is trying to be that way...I think the marijuana was kicking in and he was just too stoned to have a personality! :) Whether its funny or not to the world, I don't know. To me, I think its just not cool. All we need is for Kermit to start packin' heat and Gonzo to get a platnium grill. :D hehe

-Matt
  17. Traveling Matt

LOL! I do wish the folks at Henson (or whoever else is in charge) would pick some celebrities with no criminal record/conviction/rap of any kind.

It just sounds better.

18. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

I think everyone can agree on that one Billy!

I thought about it even when Coolio was on MT!. I mean, it was okay...he conducted himself in a reasonable mannor, but lord, the man was a gangster! He's been spending most his life living in a gangster paradise! (hehe) So yes, please JHP...I don't think he has any major record, but I'm sure he's has some stuff that we just don't know about. I don't know if I would be able to handle someone like gun-toting, pistol-whipping, wife-beating, trash-talking idiot Eminem rapping with Kermit (ya get what I'm sayin?)

-Matt
  19. Kermie Lover

Kermie Lover New Member

Whatever:rolleyes: , I don't think that he's any sort of person that should have a role in any family movie-fare, whatsoever.
    It's sad that a person of such low moral caliber has children of their own that they are free to corrupt, much less ours. Anyways, it's just my honest hope that none of these co-stars (whether
    the good or the REALLY BAD) end up stealing the spotlight from the Muppets. How long will this movie be? If it only clocks in at around an hour to an hour and 30 minutes like I think it will, they'll be squeezing in a lotta cameos, it might get kinda absurd in a way, you know what I mean?
  20. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

I agree with your opinions on the lowlifes with the Muppets.

The Movie should be the normal Muppet movie length (an hour and a half), being it is an actual movie (just made for TV). I doubt there will be any other cameos though, because if there were we'd all know about them already. :)

-Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.