Smigs San Diego Report

Luke

Reaction score
Smigs San Diego Report is now up at 'Toughpigs' - it has various new tidbits about Swamp Years, some great news about Pepe's MAJOR role in the new xmas movie, and news from Ken Lilly at Palisades on the next Muppetfest and what plans Palisades have for it.

You can check it out here :-

http://forums.delphiforums.com/toughpigs/messages/?msg=771.1

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
$*/% it!

My computer still freazes up whenever I try to log onto a Delphi forum.

Jackie

Reaction score
Smig's report was excellent!

beaker

Reaction score
WOW! I just got a few things to say...

*Ken, that dvd Smig mentions with the promotional commercials and press clips...ANY WAY we could get one of those?(or a courteous vcd rip of it???) I SO must have this!

*>>>>A set of packaged prototypes of series two figures were auctioned off too, though I don't know how much at this time<<<

GAH! So some colelctor has the series two figures before their pushed back November release? awww!

*>>>A few tables were also selling vintage MUPPET items. Mugs, dolls, PVCS...but my rather limited budget forced me to avoid temptation.. One table had a number of the old SESAME STREET puppets, the entire collection of the TOMY Fraggle Dolls- (For $60 a Fraggle)as well as countless PVCs going for at least $10 a pop! (I fell into temptation once on Sunday-one table slashed its prices by a third. so I bought a Schelich ZOOT figure for $10 instead of $15. Whoopee. <<<

raise your hand if your just a wee bit...jealous!

*>>After the clips, they had a beirf Q&A, the most revealing bit being that Pepe wil have a MAJOR role in the upcoming Xmas flick.. <<<

Does anybody else have a BIG OL grin on their face right now?

*>>>Sadly, there were no real "photo ops" to get your pic taken with Goggles or Croaker<<<

Ack, tho again its great to hear of little fan covention settings where they have actual Muppets presenting.

*>>>I DID meet Ken Lilly, and he looks nothing like his avatars.He did mention that at this point in time, MUPPETFEST may be a go for new York the first weekend in March, and that the special ANIMAL figure they had planned to sell at San Diego will be retooled for MUPPETFEST<<<

BAM! Just one of a thousand reasons why everyone has gotta try and make this thing! Now, I bet a majority of sellers on ebay selling the variants(and even some buyers) dont really acre about th eMuppets...just the collectibility...so itll be funny to know that these people will have to come to a MUPPETFEST to get these to sell, heh(Kind of like collectors coming on MC just for the action figure section, and then hopefully wandering to the other parts) Though I must admit...I would imagien there to be an even cooler Palisade's MF exclusive then a once canned Animal shirt repaint. C'mon Palisades...this is MUPPETFEST! Not some coastal comic con! hehe

finally, that part about Bill Baretta's trailer in the outtakes, too much!

good work smig!

Jackie

Reaction score
I highly doubt you'll get that DVD LOL!

Luke

Reaction score
Exactly Cory - that DVD aint going nowhere babe ! Now it's been mentioned 1000 times on the net it would all be slightly obvious who had copied the promtional not for release copyrighted matierial for ya - Miss Piggy would have to give Ken a spanking ! ;-)

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I highly doubt you'll get that DVD LOL!<<<

gee, thanx for being an optimistic dreamer. *sigh*

>>>Exactly Cory - that DVD aint going nowhere babe ! Now it's been mentioned 1000 times on the net it would all be slightly obvious who had copied the promtional not for release copyrighted matierial for ya - Miss Piggy would have to give Ken a spanking ! <<<

So basicaly Luke, youre saying you yourself wouldnt want a copy? I would not be being a good Muppet fan if I said I didnt want this kiddo! Anyways, you dont think there is only one of these dvds in existence? Geez...someone out there in collectorland has as yet unreleased seires prototypes and maybe that dvd and other sought after stuff. grrrrrrrrr :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Nooooooo - i'd love a copy, and i would guess they are a standard thing for Henson PR people and licensee's to have - just saying they are probably guarded like the holy grail, thats all !

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Nooooooo - i'd love a copy, and i would guess they are a standard thing for Henson PR people and licensee's to have - just saying they are probably guarded like the holy grail, thats all !
<<<

Ok, Im just wondering what was all on it besides the recent commercials and TMS clips...hmmm I wonder if only one copy came by to Palisades way. Either way, if Ken needs some extra underground Muppet inner circle trade cred, all he needs is a few shiny blank dvd-rs!

Jackie

Reaction score
Optimism breeds success, but not when it comes to DVD's that are protected better than the president! LOL