Slackbot draws stuff

Slackbot

Reaction score
Mewwy Cwistmas, little Fraggles! Or whatever Gorgs celebrate in the Winter. Junior Gorg gives the Fraggles a surprise. The big goof's heart is in the right place, though you'd have a hard time convincing Boober of that. This scene might take place soon after Trials and Tintinnabulations, or it might be just any winter day Junior realizes how hungwy the little Fwaggles must get when there's nothing growing in the garden.

Originally this was just going to be a B&W doodle. Then I decided to flat the colors in, and it looked naked without shading. Hey, I live alone--there are worse ways to spend Christmas than spending a few hours drawing vegetables and psychedelic rodents.

Drawn without reference material, and Wembley's still having a bad hair day.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Oh that's so cute. I love everyone's reaction to it (especially Red and Boober)

As for Wembley's hair, have you tried drawing it by just starting with a strand or two instead of trying to draw a full amount (if that makes sense)?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Heh, thanks. Boober's going to have to do another load of laundry after seeing that snowman.

Re Wembley's hair, Drawing it strand by strand would work if the inks were in color, but as it is it would make him a brunet. People would wonder if Convincing John had persuaded him to dye his hair. (Which couldn't be much worse than washing it in Elmer's glue, which is what it looks like he's doing now.)

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Heh, thanks. Boober's going to have to do another load of laundry after seeing that snowman.

Re Wembley's hair, Drawing it strand by strand would work if the inks were in color, but as it is it would make him a brunet. People would wonder if Convincing John had persuaded him to dye his hair. (Which couldn't be much worse than washing it in Elmer's glue, which is what it looks like he's doing now.)
Ah, I see, that makes sense. In the picture his hair spans between both of his earmuffs. Just using that as a reference, have you tried simply just drawing his hair over a smaller amount of space? So for example, in this picture, his hair would have a few inches of space between it and his muffs?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Er, I'm having a hard time picturing what you mean.

Really, the problem I'm having is not its shape so much as its texture. For some reason, it wants to come out raggedy rather than fluffy. I think I just need to figure out how to draw fluff that stands out rather than curving down.

Slackbot

Reaction score
'Nother couple of pics:

Bubble Bath Boober: Fraggle Rock's resident laundrophile, knows how to live it up. Warning: underneath those suds, he is absolutely naked. Are you not appalled?

Fraggle Doodles: A page full of my playing around on paper. Some thumbnails for illos for Trials and Tintinnabulations and upcoming chapters of Masks, some inspirational doodles, and plenty of random Fraggle silliness.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
The doodles are nice. It's cool to see things before they're fully fleshed out. I don't know if it's his smile or something else but quite honestly Bubble Bath Boober creeps me out a little. But I don't know why though.

Slackbot

Reaction score
*laughs* Creepy? Well, this might be the Boober from "Fraggles Look for Jobs." Or it could be Sidebottom in a less frenetic moment.

Slackbot

Reaction score
The Wrath of Skeeter: Skeeter be trippin' over something her bro said. For an upcoming chapter of Masks.

Dang, it's hard to draw Scooter. You'd think I'd be used to drawing noseless creatures with weird hair and stuck-on eyeballs by now.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Lol, I like everyone's expressions in that one. I also like your comment on noseless creatures with epic hair. That's an interesting take on Skeeter, she lookes like...well actually I'm not sure but not what I was expecting her to look like. It's a great picture.